PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: Dawn of Fate

E-Vader
04-14-2002, 07:55 AM
I dont know if anybody else has posted any info on this but I sure cant wait for it, Sounds good.

Do you have what it takes to save humanity? Infogrames, a leading global publisher of interactive entertainment software, challenges gamers to defend the future this summer in Terminator: Dawn of Fate. Currently in development for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft and the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Terminator: Dawn of Fate is the game that answers the question of what happened before the hugely popular Terminator movies.

“Terminator: Dawn of Fate packs the same frenetic action and over-the-top battle sequences that made the blockbuster movies one of the most popular franchises of all time,” said Laddie Ervin, director of marketing for Infogrames, Inc.’s Los Angeles label. “Since Terminator: Dawn of Fate takes place before the first Terminator movie, we’ve developed new elements for the Terminator universe, including all new Skynet Hunter/Killer (HK) machines, characters and storylines that would have existed before the first movie began. I strongly urge all Xbox and PlayStation 2 gamers to sharpen their skills—they’re in for more no-holds-barred, metal stomping cyborg warfare than they’ve ever experienced in a video game before.”

In James Cameron’s original Terminator movie (released in 1984), humanity dangles on the brink of extinction as ragged bands of humans struggle for their lives against the mechanised technological giant, Skynet. The year is 2029 and humanity’s last and best chance for survival rests in the hands of Tech Com, a group of hard-hitting resistance fighters led by John Connor.

Terminator: Dawn of Fate thrusts gamers into the events leading up to 2029. Set in 2027 against the vivid backdrop of a post-apocalyptic Earth, players must battle Terminators and other sinister HKs across bleak, war-torn urban battlefields, hi-tech R&D labs and heavy machine factories. By defeating Skynet’s ferocious mercenaries and completing their missions, gamers will ultimately arrive where the first movie began—sending Kyle Reese back in time to stop the Terminator and protect Sarah Connor (John Connor’s mother) and the fate of all humanity.

Players will face off against their robotic foes as three unique playable characters, including Kyle Reese—the hero of the first Terminator movie—a hardened soldier and unknowing father to John Connor; Catherine Luna, a special operations officer; and a third, highly secretive character. Each character is equipped with distinct strengths, combat style and signature weapons that come into play during the game.

More than 20 high-energy weapons are at the player’s disposal for mowing down Terminators and other SkyNet HKs, including rocket launchers, shock batons and explosive devices. Additionally, highly intuitive artificial intelligence (AI) fighters will join the cause, lending their lives to assist in destroying Skynet. Terminator: Dawn of Fate also features a revolutionary dynamic camera system that allows the player to locate and target an enemy clearly and instinctively with its dedicated combat cam mode.

Featuring twelve massive levels of cyborg-blasting mayhem and highly interactive environments, players will be immersed in a richly detailed futuristic universe, that reflects the original vision for the Terminator movies.

Info taken from Xboxau

E-Xbox
04-14-2002, 09:47 AM
hey

i honestly dont care..i have neva liked n e of the terminator games..
the movies were ok...but the games sucked IMO

oh well...

peace

Laxeph
04-14-2002, 08:41 PM
I think that the screens look ok, but I hope the gameplay can top them. I hope that this game has strong multiplayer. I am gonna give it a try.

Snoopy7548
04-15-2002, 12:19 PM
i cant wait for this game, i loved the terminator arcade game and stuff. the movies were sooo off the hizzy.:D