PDA

View Full Version : Emulator Question?

Liquid Gears
04-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Hey where the heck did my other "Emulator Question" post go. Anyway, I'm posting it again. What is a NeoGeo bios and where do I get it from?

Plewis
04-14-2002, 09:06 PM
no one on this site will help you with emmulators... because it is ILLEGAL unless you own the original system... and I have no clue what you are talking about. All I know is download the emmulator and then download the roms... put em in the same folder... drag the rom application into the emmulator program... and then press any key to continue. Then you can just play... Oh well about not helping with emmulators... although I dont think I answered your question:D

VenoM
04-14-2002, 10:10 PM
neogeo bios is a file needed to run the neo geo emulator....it can be found at the same place you find the neo geo emulator..which i forgot what the name of the emulator is...its one i use to use but forgot the exact name of it..darn....but anyways sometimes the neo geo bios file even comes zipped together the emulator.....and i dont see what the big deal is with emulators and roms of systems that are long gone and dead....the companies will not make money on them anyways since most of the companies dont even exist anymore....its a good way to keep old games alive that ya cant find at the stores or anywhere else except ebay....wish there was a neo geo emu for the dreamcast....that would be cool :)

Liquid Gears
04-14-2002, 11:29 PM
Ok, I downloaded the bios. Now what do I do? Drag it into the "NeoGeo Rage X"? I don't know how to work this thing?

GokuX
04-15-2002, 01:42 AM
U just put the bios in the root folder which contains the exectuable as well. U might have to get a romfix file that also goes in the main folder, can't remember though.

GuiltySpark
04-15-2002, 07:04 AM
I had this same problem last year. I had a ton of roms before my comp crashed. I just started getting back into them. First off get a download accelorator. Most of the big files won't make it over 56k. Also take the bios that should be a zip file(you need winzip and if you don't have get it as its pretty useful in emulation) unzip the bios pack in the same folder and also make a folder called roms and once you get it running go to the directories and make sure it points to the folder roms where you will put all the roms.
Also dont dicount snes and genesis roms. They are very good especially with 2xsai graphics engine running which is great for making thsoe games look twice as good. Not to mention that some people like dejap are translating japanese classics into english roms so you can play them. The translations are near perfect. I just play secret fo mana 2 and Tales of Phantasia.
Just trying to help. Good luck

Halo of Flies
04-15-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by VenoM
wish there was a neo geo emu for the dreamcast....that would be cool :)
I've got a Neo Geo Pocket emulator for the DC. You can download it and loads of others here... http://www.megagames.com/dc/dc_emulators.shtml

JJaX
04-15-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Hey where the heck did my other "Emulator Question" post go. Anyway, I'm posting it again. What is a NeoGeo bios and where do I get it from?
Its in the off topic forum....

Liquid Gears
04-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Really?

Liquid Gears
04-15-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 343_GuiltySpark
I had this same problem last year. I had a ton of roms before my comp crashed. I just started getting back into them. First off get a download accelorator. Most of the big files won't make it over 56k. Also take the bios that should be a zip file(you need winzip and if you don't have get it as its pretty useful in emulation) unzip the bios pack in the same folder and also make a folder called roms and once you get it running go to the directories and make sure it points to the folder roms where you will put all the roms.
Also dont dicount snes and genesis roms. They are very good especially with 2xsai graphics engine running which is great for making thsoe games look twice as good. Not to mention that some people like dejap are translating japanese classics into english roms so you can play them. The translations are near perfect. I just play secret fo mana 2 and Tales of Phantasia.
Just trying to help. Good luck

So what your saying is, all I have to do is extract the bios zipped file into the NeoGeo one? Because, I have already tried that and it still doesn't work?

JJaX
04-15-2002, 01:14 PM

So what your saying is, all I have to do is extract the bios zipped file into the NeoGeo one? Because, I have already tried that and it still doesn't work?

Put the Bios zip file into the 'roms' folder and the 'root' folder. Im not sure which one. Its been a while..........
Dont extract it......

Liquid Gears
04-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Ok, Thanks.

Liquid Gears
04-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Uh oh, new problem. NeoRageX doesn't come in a zip file with folders like 'roms' and 'roots'. It's not like Mame and so what. It comes as a setup program. After I installed it, there was only a NeoRageX emulator and nothing else. No other files. So now where do I put the bios?:confused:

JJaX
04-16-2002, 07:50 AM
Uh oh, new problem. NeoRageX doesn't come in a zip file with folders like 'roms' and 'roots'. It's not like Mame and so what. It comes as a setup program. After I installed it, there was only a NeoRageX emulator and nothing else. No other files. So now where do I put the bios?:confused:

Dam man...

Just D/L the MAME emulator for DOS. It works like a charm

Liquid Gears
04-16-2002, 09:08 AM
Why didn't I think of that in the first place.

JJaX
04-16-2002, 09:12 AM
Why didn't I think of that in the first place.

Thats the one i use, And it works fine. Ive never encountered a problem or needed help with it. Its real simple to figure out. Hell it even comes with a 'readme' to tell you how to use it. Who would've thought!