PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Problems?

Jiri
04-15-2002, 03:36 AM
Share Your Xbox Problems Here!

:confused: Have you had any problems with your Microsoft Xbox thus far? I would like to hear about your horror stories.

khaos2005
04-15-2002, 06:01 AM
Nope.

Nato King
04-15-2002, 06:39 AM
I am sorry but I don't have any problems with my xbox at this time and I don't think I ever did have a problem with my xbox.:)

GokuX
04-15-2002, 09:44 AM
Well my Xbox did have some problems, but we worked through these issues during several therapy sessions. It was overly agressive, but we got through that. It doesn't insult my friends nearly as much as it did before. It had some jealousy problems too. Get this though, it wants me to pay for all of the therapy sessions! The XBox can be so silly sometimes.

CodeMonkey
04-15-2002, 09:56 AM
Funny this thread should start. I have had two problems with my box today, when i was going to join a game over xbconnect, I got to join for a split second that it came up dirty or damaged disk but i did nothing and it worked after restarting the machine 3 or 4 times……the other is the system link option does not work always, like there is no cable plugged in…………

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
Funny this thread should start. I have had two problems with my box today, when i was going to join a game over xbconnect, I got to join for a split second that it came up dirty or damaged disk but i did nothing and it worked after restarting the machine 3 or 4 times……the other is the system link option does not work always, like there is no cable plugged in…………

Hey, Codemonkey...to prevent the "dirty disc error" from happening in Halo, simply choose your character and go to the "Searching for games" screen. Hit "A" or "Y" to create a game and then hit "B" to back out. You will not get the "dirty disc error" for the entire session you play while your XBox is still on. While playing System Link games on-line, the "dirty disc error" is a common problem unless you do what I just mentioned above. I haven't had the "dirty disc error" since January because someone told me this back then :)

As for the System Link option not being available...you might want to check the cables...one might be loose or you may have a bad connection on one of your patch cables. I had that problem, too at first. I just switched the bad one out and everything was good as new :)

As for problems with my XBox...Well, the only thing I can say was that I abused my XBox by shoving Bloodwake into it :D

CodeMonkey
04-15-2002, 10:58 AM
Cheers max, I will try that. Is this a problem with halo then or the 3rd party software, such as xbconnect / gamespy

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
Cheers max, I will try that. Is this a problem with halo then or the 3rd party software, such as xbconnect / gamespy

Not sure....but, I notice that it only happens while trying to play a System Link game on-line. The games are not truly made to be played on-line, so, maybe that's the problem. But, that is the solution to fix it :)

Highlite23
04-15-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Jiri
Share Your Xbox Problems Here!

:confused: Have you had any problems with your Microsoft Xbox thus far? I would like to hear about your horror stories.

No problems what so ever.;)

Azazel
04-15-2002, 12:46 PM
I always have xbox problems!!!!

1st. It constantly catches on fire. ( I go through carpet like crazy).

2nd. Being that the box is so heavy, the first time I sat it down it fell straight through the floor.

3rd. Halo problem: I play it till 4 in the morning quite often. Which is fine unless you have to be at work by 7am.

Stupid xbox!

guitargod711
04-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Sometimes a disk read error, or a loud hum playing certain games, but very rarely