PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man gets No Respect?

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 10:00 AM
I must say im guilty of this same topic myself.
The new "Spider-Man" game that will be in stores everywhere this Thursday (4/18/02) on every d@mn system and it's grandmothers (Xbox, GC, PS2, GBAA, PC, ect.) that is based on the movie due May 3rd.

The only reason I just noticed this game existed was from looking in my Sunday paper and seen a sweet ass deal in this weeks Best Buy ad section where if you buy it on any console you get a $10.00 gift card for free!!!
So basically it's like your getting the game for $39.99
I think I may scoop it up myself, pending Best Buy does not sell out cause that is something those jackasses are famous for!:rolleyes:

But back to the topic at hand. I have not heard one person in XBA claiming they are looking forward to this new Spidey game!:eek:

I feel the last good (and only) Spider-Man game is the one that was released bakc in the day on the Genesis. Im talking about the one Sega themselves developed & published. Anyone remember that joint?

Also, who's considering scooping up da new joint in stores this Thursday?:)

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 10:25 AM
I'd rather buy beer :D

JJaX
04-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Games based on a movie based on a comic are bound for the trash can.

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Games based on a movie based on a comic are bound for the trash can.

Shoot, if I knew these replies would be so d@mn lame I would not have even posted this thread!:rolleyes: :(

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Shoot, if I knew these replies would be so d@mn lame I would not have even posted this thread!:rolleyes: :(

Yeah...sorry, dude...I just like beer more than Spiderman...that's all :D

hehe...but, seriously, this game just doesn't get me hyped up, personally. But, if people are hardcore Spiderman fans, this game might be good. I mean, look how Batman turned out :eek: Unless someone is a hardcore Batman fan, I wouldn't recommend the game...I hope the case is different with Spiderman for the sake of gaming pleasure.

I've always been a fan of Spiderman...but, I'm not a big enough fan to go see the movie or buy this game. Just being honest :)

Spaztic
04-15-2002, 10:56 AM
Spiderman SUCKS! F-this game.....I rather get a great buzz and vomit then buy this ported piece of trash!

Kraft
04-15-2002, 11:23 AM
Were those batman games actually based on the plotlines of movies? Honestly I can't really think of any games based on movies based on comic books. In fact, the only comic book movies I remember ever seeing are all the superman movies (which were pretty cool), X-Men (uber-cool) and Spawn. Course, Im not a huge comic book person so I wouldn't know. Either way, back to the point. Out of any video games based on those characters, I don't think any of them were based soley off of a movie. This might give the spiderman an advantage: just think, a game with a guarenteed plot! Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed and pray that the gameplay and control doesn't suck...

Batman2372
04-15-2002, 11:43 AM
Yep, I'm biased. I love all things Batman (okay, there wasn't much to love about the last Bat-movie). But I for one was pretty happy with the latest Spidey-game that was released for the PS2 and Dreamcast. Yes, it had it's flaws, but every game has it's flaws (including Halo...do I dare say that??)

I've been looking forward to the Spider-man movie since it got the green light. And this weekend's press junket has been generating some REALLY positive buzz. And the game, while only single player, looks gorgeous. As for control and scope, we'll have to see. I'm going to rent before I buy, but it's a definite rent.

Nato King
04-15-2002, 11:44 AM
I was looking at this game and I made up my mine that I will just rent this game. I don't see myself buy this game anytime soon. I am waiting for Morrowind and 2002 Fifa World Cup. Sorry man but no one is into Spider-Man no more. I think the movie will be cool. I will pay to go see that.:)

JJaX
04-15-2002, 12:06 PM

dont hate on me ninja, remember im your father.....

JADE8704
04-15-2002, 12:59 PM
im excited about this game...i heard its the best spidey game to date :)

Liquid Gears
04-15-2002, 01:04 PM
I must say im guilty of this same topic myself.
The new "Spider-Man" game that will be in stores everywhere this Thursday (4/18/02) on every d@mn system and it's grandmothers (Xbox, GC, PS2, GBAA, PC, ect.) that is based on the movie due May 3rd.

The only reason I just noticed this game existed was from looking in my Sunday paper and seen a sweet ass deal in this weeks Best Buy ad section where if you buy it on any console you get a $10.00 gift card for free!!!
So basically it's like your getting the game for $39.99
I think I may scoop it up myself, pending Best Buy does not sell out cause that is something those jackasses are famous for!:rolleyes:

But back to the topic at hand. I have not heard one person in XBA claiming they are looking forward to this new Spidey game!:eek:

I feel the last good (and only) Spider-Man game is the one that
was released bakc in the day on the Genesis. Im talking about the one Sega themselves developed & published. Anyone remember that joint?

Also, who's considering scooping up da new joint in stores this Thursday?:)

Hey man, that one person was me!!
Anything Spider-man - I love!!

silvertrace
04-15-2002, 01:13 PM
i think spiderman huggz nuttz, i'll just keep playin halo till MS goes online, then i might put it down to play some Unreal Championship...................

ninja can't play halo online so he don't know what he's missing....

but if he did he'd be pickin up the soap for silvertrace, cuz he'd be my biatch.................:eek: :cool: :eek:

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
Spiderman SUCKS! F-this game.....I rather get a great buzz and vomit then buy this ported piece of trash!

It's not a port you dumbass! Do da research before you say stupid things like you already have!:rolleyes:

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 01:59 PM

dont hate on me ninja, remember im your father.....

If you are then you brought me into this roody poo world and i'll be more than willing to take your lame ass out!

JJaX
04-15-2002, 02:03 PM

If you are then you brought me into this roody poo world and i'll be more than willing to take your lame ass out!

Why so hostile today NInja??
Didnt make love to the ninja Girl Eh?

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
i think spiderman huggz nuttz, i'll just keep playin halo till MS goes online, then i might put it down to play some Unreal Championship...................

ninja can't play halo online so he don't know what he's missing....

but if he did he'd be pickin up the soap for silvertrace, cuz he'd be my biatch.................:eek: :cool: :eek:

Ninja picking up soap?:rolleyes: Never that playboy.
We dont run no sweet tooths in D.C., sunshine!

Dude, if Halo is all your brain can take until the offical online network debuts then you must be one lame soul.:D

Shoot, as much as I love Halo it is not the all be all of games.
If you dont explore other gernes then you will be left in da dust.

Yo, have fun playing Halo in 2034 when im on to things beyond the only title you limit yourself too.:rolleyes:

silvertrace
04-15-2002, 02:07 PM

Ninja picking up soap?:rolleyes: Never that playboy.
We dont run no sweet tooths in D.C., sunshine!

Dude, if Halo is all your brain can take until the offical online network debuts then you must be one lame soul.:D

Shoot, as much as I love Halo it is not the all be all of games.
If you dont explore other gernes then you will be left in da dust.

Yo, have fun playing Halo in 2034 when im on to things beyond the only title you limit yourself too.:rolleyes:

WOW...........quote the ninja troll nevermore

hard to down someone about online halo when u don't even play it........keep on playin shrek in DC and leave us master chiefs alone

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 02:09 PM

Why so hostile today NInja??
Didnt make love to the ninja Girl Eh?

Why you ask? Because im tired of seeing people create threads and other members kick dirt all over it with comments like "that game blows", "screw that game" ect. One line post just to boost post counts annoy da hell outta me.
And until other XBA's im gonna speak up for my thread that several of you have dropped wack ass post on.

Just keepin it real junior.

If you dont wanna get Spidey dats cool, but dont post some one half ass sentence say "I'd rather have beer". Yeah, you know who you are.
Next time im gonna start calling out names and purposely trash your threads too.

Nuff said.
And have a nice day.

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

WOW...........quote the ninja troll nevermore

hard to down someone about online halo when u don't even play it........keep on playin shrek in DC and leave us master chiefs alone

Nice comeback:rolleyes: ...yaaaaaaawwn, a shrek joke? You get more lame by da post sweet cheeks.
Ninja's not online cause I choose not to be.
When the offical Micosoft network debuts then i'll be on.
Until then, enjoy you lag online, bubbles.:rolleyes:

Now,... Quote da Ninja on dat one.

silvertrace
04-15-2002, 02:17 PM

Nice comeback:rolleyes: ...yaaaaaaawwn, a shrek joke? You get more lame by da post sweet cheeks.
Ninja's not online cause I choose not to be.
When the offical Micosoft network debuts then i'll be on.
Until then, enjoy you lag online, bubbles.:rolleyes:

Now,... Quote da Ninja on dat one.

sad that u quote urself in the third person, u prolly think ur ACTUALLY a ninja........:rolleyes:

*silvertrace will now refer to ninja troll as splinter...............a wannabe rat ninja :) :D :)

JJaX
04-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Dam ninja.

go Loke out, smoke a ciagrette, Get a Rim job.

Take it easy chief. I dint mean to insult you with my 1 liner. I just say whats on my mind. Plus i made a point, i just made it short and sweet.

Now go get yourself a 40 and talk like Busta Rhymes for the rest of the day. That usally works for me......

LINKINPARK8591
04-15-2002, 02:21 PM
i mean come on i was all good when i was in comics and cartoons i gues but he's not really a big deal...............especially if you see that previews it just looks like it's gonna suck and well i don't know about u guy but i don't plan on getting the game or watching the movies...............................:eek: :(

darianX
04-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Ok, I have to get in on this..hehehe....I agree with Ninja where he said
If you dont explore other gernes then you will be left in da dust. Abso-f-in-lutely that's true. I counted up all the games I've had and still have for the Box - 18. Those 18 are made up of just about every genre, and every one of em (cept one) were played through. I posted something before about how worrysome it is to hear nothing but Halo everywhere. Developers won't make games if no one buys them for this or any other system! No game sales=death of Xbox.

As for the Spiderman game..I really haven't seen anything on it so I can't comment on it. But I take a look at every new game that comes out, just to see if it would interest me. I could see how the game could be fun zippin around on web strands though :)

Ninja Scroll
04-15-2002, 02:42 PM
Dam ninja.

go Loke out, smoke a ciagrette, Get a Rim job.

Take it easy chief. I dint mean to insult you with my 1 liner. I just say whats on my mind. Plus i made a point, i just made it short and sweet.

Now go get yourself a 40 and talk like Busta Rhymes for the rest of the day. That usally works for me......

Maybe your right yo, but you all pi$$ed me off today for real.
Im about to get off da j.o.b anyways.
Im outiii!:cool:

Whisper
04-15-2002, 03:36 PM
i played it for PC at my school (someone smuggeld it in) ... pretty fun... but I doubt ill fork out money to buy it

Liquid Gears
04-15-2002, 03:55 PM
No kindin'!!!!

DZNUTZ
04-15-2002, 05:53 PM
damn ninja....who took a leak in your cheerios this morning bucko?

anyways man...i aint gonna go into u actin like an ashhole today.....everyone has bad dayz and thats cool yo.

don't get all mad at folks for responding like they do though...some people have absolutley no interest in this game and some people even dislike it strongly...whateva...to each their own....but u asked a question.. and u got an answer u didn't like.....don't cry about it. hope your day gets better...i'm show a phat bleezey and a fly breezey will help that.

btw...i do have interest in this game...it looks pretty damn slick to me. only drawback is only single player...but hey...if its tight enuff i'll buy it. Not saying that spidey is a must have multi type game...but i like head to head comp and replayability, which 1 players generally lack. at least we xboxers get an exclusive level w/ Kraven!!!

btw again...not into superheroes no more...but when i was a young grasshopper i was....and no doubt spidey was, and still is my fav of all time.

-WorldSpawn-
04-15-2002, 06:05 PM
Hehe... I love a good 'You bash Me and I'll bash you back" thread! Anyway, toby McQuirre got me holdin out on the movie until its on DVD. I'll definately rent the game, beat it, then never think about it again.

Twisted J
04-15-2002, 08:10 PM
i said something about it when somebody asked about movies based on games, the one thread where max posted a pic of gladiator.

i personally love all things superhero. i cant wait for the game or the movie.

but my undies are in a bunch over the superman game I CANT WAIT ANYLONGER!!

Halo of Flies
04-16-2002, 06:33 AM
I can't wait for the movie! (not that bothered about the game though..)
http://www.millan.net/anims/giffar/spiderman.gif

DOOM
04-16-2002, 08:31 AM
Well People, I Have To Telz Ya....
In My Game Shop I Have Allready Pre-Orderd About 47 Copies Of O'le Spidey For TUESDAY!
One Of Those Is Mine!!!
The XBOX Version In Particular Is Looking BAD ASS!!!
Xtra Charicters, Effects, Crazy Draw distance...
I Cant Wate To Check It!;)

Ninja Scroll
04-16-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
damn ninja....who took a leak in your cheerios this morning bucko?

anyways man...i aint gonna go into u actin like an ashhole today.....everyone has bad dayz and thats cool yo.

don't get all mad at folks for responding like they do though...some people have absolutley no interest in this game and some people even dislike it strongly...whateva...to each their own....but u asked a question.. and u got an answer u didn't like.....don't cry about it. hope your day gets better...i'm show a phat bleezey and a fly breezey will help that.

btw...i do have interest in this game...it looks pretty damn slick to me. only drawback is only single player...but hey...if its tight enuff i'll buy it. Not saying that spidey is a must have multi type game...but i like head to head comp and replayability, which 1 players generally lack. at least we xboxers get an exclusive level w/ Kraven!!!

btw again...not into superheroes no more...but when i was a young grasshopper i was....and no doubt spidey was, and still is my fav of all time.

Yeah, it was a crappy day for a Ninja on Monday. You know how Mondays can be. But it's a new day and a nicer Ninja in da XBA's.:)

Zen
04-16-2002, 10:35 AM
the game is good...
the movie will out do most of tyour expectations, im talking to those who think it will flop.

and everyone trying to be cool with ebonix and this yo yo crap is pathetic

DZNUTZ
04-16-2002, 10:37 AM
glad to hear ya feeling better;)

JJaX
04-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Zen
the game is good...
the movie will out do most of tyour expectations, im talking to those who think it will flop.

and everyone trying to be cool with ebonix and this yo yo crap is pathetic

I speak like that in real life when im hanging out with my friends or doing whatever. But if im on the job of course im not gonna call my boss a Beotch in a friendly manner cause thats inappropriate in that given situation. But here i feel at home and i feel i can act how i wanna act.

If you wanna talk like you have a stick up your lose ass thats fine with me (i bet all that dik sucking in your english classes worked out eh?). Dont bring that s4it here. I rather talk in a manner that makes me feel comfortable and most people understand. By the way Its not a black thing anymore, Its how and where you were raised. So Shut The FuK Up...

Zen
04-16-2002, 11:19 AM

I speak like that in real life when im hanging out with my friends or doing whatever. But if im on the job of course im not gonna call my boss a Beotch in a friendly manner cause thats inappropriate in that given situation. But here i feel at home and i feel i can act how i wanna act.

If you wanna talk like you have a stick up your lose ass thats fine with me (i bet all that dik sucking in your english classes worked out eh?). Dont bring that s4it here. I rather talk in a manner that makes me feel comfortable and most people understand. By the way Its not a black thing anymore, Its how and where you were raised. So Shut The FuK Up...

theres not really even a need for me to respond, youve proved my point far more then i could have ever hoped to try
:)

JJaX
04-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Zen

theres not really even a need for me to respond, youve proved my point far more then i could have ever hoped to try
:)

Chill with the slang ZeN! Whats 'youve' mean? Is it you've as in You have? Im lost.

C0cK Sucker

DZNUTZ
04-16-2002, 12:03 PM
yeah zen....calm the fook down...who the hell are u anyway...the freakin vocab police?!? i'll talk how i wanna talk and others will do the same....if u had half a brain you would know the so called "proper english" you want people to use...is just a collection of twists of other languages and slang terms that have eventually been accepted by most everyone.

DZNUTZ SPEAKZ D-BONICZ

Ninja Scroll
04-16-2002, 12:15 PM

That's right jjax, represent my nizzal!
Who is dat roody poo anyways?:rolleyes:

btw, isnt it funny how Spidey gets like 35% of the topic in this thread. Poor guy, just like the thread topic, it is da truth.:o
No love for da web head!:(