PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your XBox

jschelm
04-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Ok, have any of you done anything to clean your XBox. I know that they recommend DVD players and CD players and stuff be cleaned every 10 hours of use or something with one of those cleaning CD's, but do you guys recommend using them on your XBox or should I just shoot some compressed air inside the drive. (or do nothing) I want to make sure to keep up on the maintenance of my XBox so that it lasts for a long long time.

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 12:04 PM
I would use compressed air if you feel the need to. :)

Snoopy7548
04-15-2002, 12:18 PM
mmmmmm, compressed air. haha, its so fun to spray at people and stuff.:D

jschelm
04-15-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I would use compressed air if you feel the need to. :)

That is kinda what I was thinking too Max, but I am guessing by your response you don't think that it is too necessary?

Whisper
04-15-2002, 12:24 PM
I think it is necessary... well, they dont tell you but they should have. I do my computer with compressed air every 3-4 months and I do my XBOX every 2-3 months (i love it more)...so far ive aird my XBOX twice and shes still purrin!

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by jschelm

That is kinda what I was thinking too Max, but I am guessing by your response you don't think that it is too necessary?

lol...Sorry to sound misleading...I was just thinking that it would be too risky to insert an unknown disc into the XBox rather than compressed air :)

Kraft
04-15-2002, 12:40 PM
Has anyone else played with compressed air before? Its not actually plain air to start with, its usually some form of inert gas. But anyways, in the can it is in a liquid state due to pressure, so if you hold the bottle upside down and spray it... you can freeze stuff with the liquid that shoots out! Sorry, got carried away. Back to general X-Box Discussion...

Whisper
04-15-2002, 12:45 PM
isnt that butaine, lol... thats fun to spray on your hand.. man its cold... refrain from going near flammables though :D

jschelm
04-15-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

lol...Sorry to sound misleading...I was just thinking that it would be too risky to insert an unknown disc into the XBox rather than compressed air :)

That is what I was thinking too...Just wasnt' sure if anyone had talked to MS or something and had a recommendation.

Nato King
04-15-2002, 02:13 PM
I really don't clean my xbox but I should start to before I start to have problems like everybody else. I just keep a cloth over the xbox when I don't play it. Mostly at night when I go to sleep.:) :)

E-Xbox
04-15-2002, 03:24 PM
i dont do n e of that stuff..
i juss keep it in my naki carrying case given to me by XBA!
and i wipe off the top so it looks new!

peace