PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer scoring roundtable

Huckleberry
04-15-2002, 01:16 PM
okay, my halo playing friends. we have come across a problem on our multiplayer lan party nights at my house. we generally have more than 16 people showing up now, and although there are other games to play elsewhere in the house, everyone naturally wants in on the big halo game.

our house rules are that if you didn't play in the match that just finished, you're in on the next one automatically. however, if there are 3 people waiting to play, that means that 5 of the 8 that just finished need to join the new team coming in. we started out saying that the bottom three players were out, but have come to realize that halo's scoring chart doesn't generally reflect who was the most or least valuable to a team in a given game.

i.e. a person could get killed 100 times and have only 4 kills, but if they happened to score a flag, even if it is just running the last 5 feet with it, they will score higher than someone that had 100 kills and only 25 deaths, or who brought the flag 99% of the way home.

it came down to drawing straws last week. we couldn't decide quickly on a method or formula to clarify how the players should actually be ranked.

i know that there are lots of you doing multiplayer halo. how are you handling this? i'd love to figure out something that could be used commonly among the xba members. then if we ever do get a bunch of us together somewhere along the line, we'll have similar methods for these sorts of things.

Plewis
04-15-2002, 09:04 PM
get 2 lan games going:cool: but if your insistant on you single 16 game thingy. after you play ur long capture the flag. you can do that 1 death mode which goes by quick... the first three dead are out

Huckleberry
04-17-2002, 10:02 AM
okay...here's a formula we came up with that seems to work okay. we tried to find a balance that would keep people that ran for flags in the same range as snipers, who tend to kill a lot more than they die.

(Flag scores x 20 + kills + (assists/3)) / deaths

post here if you try this and let us know if you get a pretty accurate list of who played the best.