PDA

View Full Version : LucasArts "Wrath"

Xcandy
04-15-2002, 03:07 PM
"Copied From Xcandy.co.uk Website"

LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC today announced it has, following intense competition, acquired the rights from The Collective, Inc. to publish Wrath, one of interactive entertainment's most highly sought after games. Wrath, expected to release for next generation console platforms in 2003, is a dynamic arcade-style game with a turn-based element that uniquely blends strategy and action.

``Wrath's gameplay garnered an immense amount of well-deserved buzz when The Collective revealed the game to the press last year,'' says Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts. ``LucasArts feels it is the ideal publisher; Wrath complements our original game legacy incredibly well and supports our continuing strategy of working with the world's premiere game developers.''

``Wrath is our first original title, and with it we aim to establish a new genre and standard in head-to-head console gaming,'' says Richard Hare, creative director for The Collective. ``Considering LucasArts' rich heritage of developing exceptional, innovative games, they are without doubt the best publishing partner for Wrath and we are delighted to be furthering our relationship with them.'

"Copied From Xcandy.co.uk Website"

For more news like this goto: www.xcandy.co.uk

E-Xbox
04-15-2002, 03:11 PM
wow...
there are already 4 star wars games scheduled or out for xbox..
and lucas arts are puttin out more!

peace

Crazy Joe
04-15-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
wow...
there are already 4 star wars games scheduled or out for xbox..
and lucas arts are puttin out more!

peace

I could be wrong, but this doesn't sound like a star wars game, LucasArts is expanding it's repetoire.

Master Gracey
04-15-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
I could be wrong, but this doesn't sound like a star wars game, LucasArts is expanding it's repetoire.

Actually, Lucasarts has an amazing repertoire spanning many years... those old adventure games like Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Maniac Mansion, Loom and Grim Fandango. It's just that since they released X-Wing in 1994, their needle has been stuck on Star Wars and they forgot that they had all these other great titles under their belt. Seems like all that is changing now...

With another Monkey Island scheduled, an Indiana Jones game, a Sam & Max sequel, Giants and this, it would appear that Lucasarts is about to relive it's glory days. I've never liked Star Wars anyway... I actually hate sci-fi in general. my dad took me to see Return of the Jedi in the theater when I was 4 or 5 and I remember thinking it was boring. I saw them all again a few years ago and could hardly stay awake.