PDA

View Full Version : Jananese Xbox Liquidation ( Xcandy.co.uk )

Xcandy
04-15-2002, 05:37 PM
From Xcandy.co.uk
------------------------

Looks like they cant give them away in japan Toys R Us are trying to liquadate all the unsold Xboxes in an awesome deal: Xbox with four excellent games for $300! Bad news for Xbox fans and Microsoft since Toys R Us won't want to restock poor selling inventory. Even the Dreamcast outsold the Xbox system in april in Japan. Poor Bill Gates all that money he paid on advertising in Japan dosn't look like its payed off.

Goto www.xcandy.co.uk for more info

------------------------
From Xcandy.co.uk

Thankx

Steve
(www.xcandy.co.uk administrator )

DZNUTZ
04-15-2002, 05:38 PM
y is every negative post i read posted by a member that has less then 20 posts under his/her belt? kawinkydink? i think not.

Xcandy
04-15-2002, 05:43 PM
Just to let you know that I run a Xbox site called Xcandy which only went live yesterday.

This is truthfull info goto my site where is a direct link.

I only provide the news I dont make these things happen.

Steve
(xcandy.co.uk Administrator)

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 05:48 PM
DZNUTZ...actually, I think Xcandy is just trying to get people to go to his website.

As for Toys R Us selling this bundle for so cheap....that's just business. Microsoft is an American company trying to make an impact in Japan. The fact that Sony and Nintendo are Japanese companies give Microsoft a huge disadvantage.

Personally, I can careless about how well the XBox does or doesn't do in Japan. All I know is that it's the best gaming console available for me and both GameCube and Sony simply can't compare.

Xcandy
04-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Mainly I do want to provide the Xbox community with the latest news.

As my website is extremely new ( 1 day old ) I do need to put a little more effort in advertising the site e.g ( from xcandy.co.uk ) on the posts I make.

If the moderators do not find this acceptable I will minimalize it for just in my signiture but until I get warned I will continue posting in this way.

I hope that you can share a little compansion for a newcomer !

Thankx

Steve
( xcandy.co.uk Administrator )

DZNUTZ
04-15-2002, 06:06 PM
xcandy..1st....this is the last site i know that 'alienates" newcomers...but please understand we are Xbox ADDICTS..as the sites name states....while we are not blind to anything not pro xbox....when newcomers come in and start posting negative things...more then less they are, a term u might be familar with" Fanboys. now as for xbox not doing "well" in japan...while it is important to microsoft to have good overseas #'s....it is quite early...and as my comrade Maximus stated....MS is just getting their foot in this industry's door...even here in america they faced stiff compitition and took a loss on every unit sold. i think that speaks highly on MS and their intent and commitment. hoe to see some good posts from u and welcome to xba...the best xbox site around!

Xcandy
04-15-2002, 06:13 PM
Hi DZNUTZ

I fully understand your post. I will make sure that any posts in the near future will be only positive ones.

Steve
:confused:

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Xcandy
Hi DZNUTZ

I fully understand your post. I will make sure that any posts in the near future will be only positive ones.

Steve
:confused:

Xcandy...well, I think DZNUTZ makes a great point. I mean, I went to your website and read the news that you wrote. It, actually, did come across as negative and only cast shadows on the success of the XBox. I guess, let me put it this way...if you said "Due to the lower-than-anticipated sales in Japan, Toys R Us has lowered the price of the XBox and added a four games and selling it as a bundle." Now, that's news. It's an unbiased fact....do you see what I mean? But, if you say something subjective like "Microsoft is practically giving the XBox away", that shows negative bias.

Please do not think that I am ridiculing you because I'm not. I'm just sharing some friendly advice, that's all. :)

By the way, it's great to have you here as a new member of XBoxaddict.com! :D

XBOX Dude
04-15-2002, 08:48 PM
yeah what max said:eek:

Highlite23
04-15-2002, 10:57 PM
I gotta chime in with my buddy Max, it's not what you said but how you said it.

MS is a huge corporation (No Dah..) and MS has to look at saleas as a whole.........

ie, if MS said it's total sales at the end of June met there goal of 5 million would you really care how it was devided up??

I wouldn't. And as dissapointiong as the sales may be elswear, here in the States it's doing rather well.

As an Xbox site you should try and balance both sides or your site is really just a console site........not an xbox site.

My 2 cents.;)

DrUnKtAnK
04-16-2002, 07:33 AM
Nice site Xcandy, but your forum is down....

"Content-type: text/html
Software error:
/home/sites/site69/web/ubb/Templates/public_forum_page.pl did not return a true value at /home/sites/site69/web/cgi/ubb_forum.cgi line 165.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin), giving this error message and the time and date of the error."

By the way, Lisa looks pretty good....

Xcandy
04-16-2002, 07:37 AM
Hi

Yes the site was down for about a half an hour today because we were trying to add a "who's online" feature and it brought the whole system down. We have now uploaded the backup and the forum is back online.

Yes Lisa is nice isnt she !

Keep an eye out cus there will be big changes later today.

Steve
( xcandy.co.uk administrator )