PDA

View Full Version : alittle tiffed here

Bakeman
04-15-2002, 07:35 PM
I went to blockbuster and hollywood video today..

and I came home very upset....

Neither store had Allstar baseball 2003, how long has this game been out? I think it is pretty crappy that I can't even go rent a game to see if I like it first....

ALSO!!! Hollywood didn't have Blood Omen 2.. and Blockbuster only had ONE (1) copy of James Bond and ONE (1) copy of Blood Omen

It's pretty hard to rent freaking games when there is only ONE copy for the entire town!

I'm so sick of these video stores..... I wish I could go in and take a baseball bat and just destory everything in the store.. because they aren't worthy of being a video store, they don't carry crap!

Punkbob
04-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Well at least you have brand name video stores in your town. I live in a small town about 25 minutes from Tulsa, OK. All we have is a place called "Showbiz Video". They have very few XBox games.

I went to a Blockbuster near my town and they had a plethora of games. And multiple copies of each.

I might be moving to Tulsa in a few months though.

huskerman44
04-15-2002, 07:52 PM
I don't think that they would carry a whole lot of stuff if you went in there and tore it up.

Bakeman
04-15-2002, 08:23 PM
well probably not :) but it's not like they carry much as it is....

Plewis
04-15-2002, 08:47 PM
they dont have that many games at my local BB either... i did get a free rental of JB AUF because it was out... I wasnt even looking for that game too:D

SkoalMint
04-16-2002, 05:26 AM
I agree with you Bakeman. I live in a town that has one Blockbuster and one Hollywood Video. After launch Blockbuster didn't carry XBox games. I asked the manager and he said it was because they made a conscious decision to only carry PS2 and GameCube games. I guess there were enough complaints (mine included) that they finally started carrying XBox games in January. However, it takes both stores forever to get new titles and they only get one or two of each. Hollywood had four copies of Shrek though. Go figure. Anyway, you might want to try RedOctane (http://www.redoctane.com). It is similar to NetFlix. For $18.95 per month, you can rent unlimited games. I haven't tried them personally, so I can't comment on their service other than to suggest it as an option. I did notice that they do not have All-Star Baseball 2003, and the Triple Play 2002 link shows a description of Crash Bandicoot. Anyway, it might be worth a look.

Bakeman
04-16-2002, 05:53 AM
"and the Triple Play 2002 link shows a description of Crash Bandicoot. Anyway, it might be worth a look."

That's kinda scary hehe

Thanks for the info though...

I can't believe they actually didn't carry Xbox at all.. that is nutz!

SkoalMint
04-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Bakeman
I can't believe they actually didn't carry Xbox at all.. that is nutz!

Well I guess it just shows the power of the dollar. Everytime I go in there now, they have most of the cube games on the shelf, but the XBox games are almost always rented.

aronx
04-16-2002, 01:25 PM
you guys must live in hillbillyville. blockbuster only stocks multiple copies of games that are worthwhile. JB: AUF and BO2 are NOT worthwhile. so my advice would be to move to a city with a pop. over 1M.