PDA

View Full Version : For all of you who think the XBox might fail

jschelm
04-15-2002, 11:57 PM
OK guys, I have said this many times, but I thought I would get the hard evidence to back up my claims that despite what people want to let us believe that the sales in Japan and overseas etc... are not going to hurt MS that bad. The earnings numbers are from Microsoft's website and from CNBC.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

We are talking about say a max of 50,000 XBoxes that if they were sold overseas would probably shut everyone up.

Ok at 300 usd that is 15 million dollars

UNEARNED revenue was (for the three months ended September 30, 2001 and for the six months ended December 31, 2001) was $2,069 million and $4,790 million. The total income for just the second quarter so far in 2002 is 7.741 BILLION DOLLARS.

So, not only does 15 million dollars not bother them. They probably spent more money on their last kegger.

l Maximus l
04-16-2002, 01:58 AM
Great info! Seeing numbers is really the way to demonstrate a solid point and you did that very well here. The only thing is, however, I want to know when the next kegger is :D

Crazy Joe
04-16-2002, 03:42 AM
these numbers make a strong point but only if you assume Microsoft is willing to give the Xbox full financial support. Maybe they are willing, I have no doubt that will support it to some extent. But, it's tough to say that $15M means nothing, even to a company worth billions. It didn't get to be worth billions by throwing money away.

In short, I don't think being unsuccessful in Japan will kill the Xbox, but they should pull out of that market if they feel they can't succeed in it because it will only be a drain on the finances.

jschelm
04-16-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
these numbers make a strong point but only if you assume Microsoft is willing to give the Xbox full financial support. Maybe they are willing, I have no doubt that will support it to some extent. But, it's tough to say that $15M means nothing, even to a company worth billions. It didn't get to be worth billions by throwing money away.

In short, I don't think being unsuccessful in Japan will kill the Xbox, but they should pull out of that market if they feel they can't succeed in it because it will only be a drain on the finances.

That is very very true Garholomew, but I think that by purchasing some of the companies that make games in order to ensure XBox exclusive titles has shown how committed they are.

The other thing I was wondering and I am not sure what you guys think of this, but isn't Japan notorious for selling illegal games, even way back in the nintendo era? If this is true, why in the world would MS care if they sell systems to the people over there because the game sales won't be able to bring near the revenue that it does here in the states.

Anyway, I can't remember who said it first, but I am gonna go enjoy my XBox now instead of worrying about how well its sales are doing.

Afro Aura
04-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by jschelm

That is very very true Garholomew, but I think that by purchasing some of the companies that make games in order to ensure XBox exclusive titles has shown how committed they are.

The other thing I was wondering and I am not sure what you guys think of this, but isn't Japan notorious for selling illegal games, even way back in the nintendo era? If this is true, why in the world would MS care if they sell systems to the people over there because the game sales won't be able to bring near the revenue that it does here in the states.

Anyway, I can't remember who said it first, but I am gonna go enjoy my XBox now instead of worrying about how well its sales are doing.
Yep your right about the sales in the states and over here in Europe it'll do really well as our money is stonger just wait until Christmas thats when the monies are gonna roll in just wait untill they see the REAL power of the XBOX hehehe

E-Xbox
04-16-2002, 02:57 PM
XBOX WILL NOT FAIL!

PEACE

Afro Aura
04-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
XBOX WILL NOT FAIL!

PEACE
Yep it will not fail, who doesn't believe that Microsoft let you down, doesn't believe in the POWER of MS

I've made my peace with Microsoft and I know I'm going to games heaven soon hehhehe:D

Muabdi'b
04-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Xbox primary goal is not to be a success but the first step for MS into the gaming market. The Xbox will always have games made and will offer great gaming no matter how many consoles that are sold. The XBOX is a pet project for Bill. It amuses him. As long as the games get better and better, the psx2 will look antiquated. The XBOX has time on its side which means they have a nice bankroll to support the machine up and that is KEY.

As long as Xbox gets the best hardware and epic games, I will always be happy.:D :D :)