PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind sees slight delay

faceoff508
04-16-2002, 12:22 PM
I have read this article about Morrowind: Gamespot has learned that Bethesda will be releasing the Xbox version of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind sometime in May. The Xbox version will be released after the PC version, which is scheduled to go gold the first week of May. No specific reason was given for the delay

Just wanted people to know!!:cool:

Nato King
04-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
I have read this article about Morrowind: Gamespot has learned that Bethesda will be releasing the Xbox version of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind sometime in May. The Xbox version will be released after the PC version, which is scheduled to go gold the first week of May. No specific reason was given for the delay

Give us a link I need to read this for myself.:)

faceoff508
04-16-2002, 05:34 PM
here is the link to the article: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2861448,00.html

jschelm
04-16-2002, 07:58 PM

I am not sure that I would believe this. I have been following the game's progress extensively and this seems very contradictory to what Bethesda is saying. They will not release a date for when the game is going gold nor will they give a definate release date. Also, as has already been stated here in this thread the two games are supposed to come out on the same day.

Alien
04-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Yeah, here, it's coming May 16th or so. I want it soo bad.

jschelm
04-16-2002, 09:21 PM

Hey faceoff508 - I wanted to make sure you didn't take my last post wrong, the more I thought about it it doesn't have quite the tone I wanted to portray. Thank you for passing the article on, it is great to have another new member contributing the news that they see here at XBA. I just think the article that you found is poorly worded to make people think that the game is being delayed again from the April 29th release date that EBgames is trying to push over on everyone, when that date has never been supported publicly by Bethesoft. So, thanks for passing on the info!

stang46
04-16-2002, 11:04 PM
I want this game so damn bad its not even cool....

Tkf5000
04-17-2002, 07:02 PM
yea i think they had it planned out cuz a couple weeks ago in early april i asked if it wuz comin out on the 23 cuz it say so in official xbox magazine and the guy actually told me it came out in may, most of the time i bug em they say cant tell. this stinks.:(

Calve
04-22-2002, 12:31 PM
jshcelm:

I called EB yesterday and I have Pre-Ordered my copy of Morrowind......They told me that the Xbox version is coming out May 16 and that the PC version is coming out April 29.....

Peace

jschelm
04-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Calve
jshcelm:

I called EB yesterday and I have Pre-Ordered my copy of Morrowind......They told me that the Xbox version is coming out May 16 and that the PC version is coming out April 29.....

Peace

Sounds good to me...I just know I can't wait until the game comes out! I am sure in the next week or so Bethesda will confirm all these dates.

Calve
04-22-2002, 12:43 PM
im in with u on this one!!!! The3 game is gonna be the best!!!!! Im going to pick up my copy right in the mornin when Eb opens there doors:p !!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!

PEACE!!!!!!!!

huskerman44
04-24-2002, 05:09 PM
Why don't you guys just wait until it comes out and buy it. Why worry about it so much. Is it that important that you must build your lives around a game release date. Patience is a virtue and griping about it not coming out yet is not going to release it any sooner. Just my 2 cents.

jschelm
04-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by huskerman44
Why don't you guys just wait until it comes out and buy it. Why worry about it so much. Is it that important that you must build your lives around a game release date. Patience is a virtue and griping about it not coming out yet is not going to release it any sooner. Just my 2 cents.

There is a huge difference in being anxious about a game coming out and pre-ordering it becasue you are excited and living your lives around a game release date. Trust me, as a college senior in Electrical Engineering who is trying to find a house to buy and get a new life in order, the last thing I am living my life around is anything remotely close to video games. On the other hand. I am looking forward to the release of this game, so delays and not knowing anything for certain can be a little frustrating.

As far as patience goes, we are all very patient in my opinion, nobody here has been badmouthing Bethesda about how they must be horrible developers because the game is taking a while or anything of the sort. Many are just conveying their overall frustrations in this matter. Not to mention the fact that everyone here knows that the last thing Bethesda is doing is monitoring what we are talking about so we know that nothing we say or do is going to speed the game up.

So------my $.02 is spend some time getting to know the people on this board because it is a great place to talk about XBox related things and much more and if you take the time to get to know us before blindly criticizing then you will make a lot more friends a lot faster.

huskerman44
04-24-2002, 06:24 PM
I was a member before, since the end of last year. Something happened and I had to re-register. My computer messed up or something.

Anyways, I have been reading and coming here for about 5 months.

I am not blindly criticizing people here, I am just stating my opinion about something that is not that big of a deal to me. Maybe I am in the minority when it comes to the priority that I give to the xbox, but it seems that some people here are obsessed with it.

I am not trying to be an ass about it. I am also not trying to badmouth anybody in particular.

I apologize if my thoughts offend anybody personally, but when someone says that they will be waiting at EB's doors in the morning before they open tells me that some people do build their lives (or at least part of it) around a video game, and to me that is sad.

I am not a person that hates anybody and I don't want anybody to hate me for what I say. People here must be willing to take the good with the bad, and if you consider what I said is bad, then that is your opinion and I do appreciate it.

jschelm
04-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Well, you are right, and you are entitled to your opinion and I don't hate you for that :)

Just don't forget though that what you think is sad for some people is normal and some of the things that you do on a regular basis will probably make someone in the world go "that is sad/pathetic/crazy/etc..." that is what makes this world an interesting place.

Well, back to my homework.

huskerman44
04-24-2002, 06:42 PM
I agree....I probably don't want to know how many people look at me that way, but I can deal with it. In the last 4 months I have dealt with getting a divorce and being laid off and am about to move to Florida from Texas so I am also trying to get my life in order.

I might give people good reason to think that I am nuts, but it's all good.

Oh, by the way I graduated in 1999 with an associates degree in Electronic Engineering. Good luck with the career and house.

jschelm
04-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Thanks huskerman44 and best wishes to you also, none of those things that you are going through sounds like it is any fun.

I look forward to more interesting conversations with you in the future :)

Oh, and lastly, I know that I am nuts (and according to my girlfriend and family a dork), so if someone points it out to me, then I usually ask them why it took so long to find out.

EHWfedPres
04-24-2002, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I heard the shipping date is the 15th, so i'll be sure to get it the day after when its released.

But I dont care if they delay it even more. Id rather have to wait for a good, bug-free game than have a crappy glitch-ridden game in front of me right now.

jschelm
04-24-2002, 10:49 PM
I totally agree EHWfedPres

Yannie Boy
04-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Im not sure if it's just me but ive reserved my copy of the xbox version from EBX aka EBGames and they told me that it is comeing out the 30th. should i be conserned??????