PDA

View Full Version : old school gaming

aronx
04-16-2002, 01:09 PM
check out this website, it has all the classic arcade games:

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/duijs24/jemu/index.htm

you'll need the java plug in thingy to play em.

oh yeah, i heard green beret is coming to XBox.

JJaX
04-16-2002, 01:17 PM
And if people wanna take it a step further, grab an emulator.

Hugh_Jass
04-17-2002, 12:01 PM
And a step beyond that... buy the classic arcade machines. I have Tron, Mappy, and Arkanoid, in addition to two pinball machines; Star Trek the Next Generation and Cyclone.

Emulators can't compare to the real deal with the original controls.

Dre
04-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Or, once again one step even better..a combo of Jaxx and Hugh_Jass's ideas. Make an emulator arcade. I am starting work on this this summer and have already collected most of my parts.

Its a computer in an arcade box (that I'm going to make) running linux. It'll have a hard drive with a bunch of NES, SNES, and many arcade roms (using MAME). I've started writing a front-end in Perl to select all my rom's etc. Anyhoo.. there are many pages on the net about this.. I'm following this one (http://cmdrtaco.net/jubei/) as a guideline. But I'm writing all my custom software for fun.

Lates,
Dre

Whisper
04-17-2002, 12:26 PM
first you help me with my J.S. then you reveal a killer idea if i kept a running list of XBA Cool members, youd be at the top :)

Dre
04-17-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
first you help me with my J.S. then you reveal a killer idea if i kept a running list of XBA Cool members, youd be at the top :)

hehe, thanks buddy! :)

JJaX
04-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Or, once again one step even better..a combo of Jaxx and Hugh_Jass's ideas. Make an emulator arcade. I am starting work on this this summer and have already collected most of my parts.

Its a computer in an arcade box (that I'm going to make) running linux. It'll have a hard drive with a bunch of NES, SNES, and many arcade roms (using MAME). I've started writing a front-end in Perl to select all my rom's etc. Anyhoo.. there are many pages on the net about this.. I'm following this one (http://cmdrtaco.net/jubei/) as a guideline. But I'm writing all my custom software for fun.

Lates,
Dre

Thats pretty sweet. How many buttons, players etc will your arcade machine have?

FlyBoy
04-17-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Lates,
Dre

Thats really awesome man... you should post some pics as you're working on it! :)

Snoopy7548
04-17-2002, 01:15 PM
on xbox.ign.com, they have a new thing, and its called Resurrection X, and it talks about old sega games comin to xbox, and the first one, is streets of rage! but too bad those bas*ards had to make it insider only, now i cant get it, anyone here have an insider sn/password????

Dre
04-17-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Thats pretty sweet. How many buttons, players etc will your arcade machine have?

Theres going to be 2 player capability. 6 buttons plus a joystick thing for each player..

there's also going to be a big trackball and some other buttons for selecting the roms, saving, etc.

And ya, sure I'll post some pics as I'm working on it. I'll also write a step-by-step guide of what I do so that any other peeps interested in doing it will have an easy-to-follow guide.

Cheers,
Dre

E-Vader
04-18-2002, 06:54 AM
River Raid, Spider Fighter and Sea Quest on Atari 2600 .......... Ah thems was the days .............. Ahhhhhh.