PDA

View Full Version : Sites of mistrust

Afro Aura
04-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Can someone please tell me why these so called XBOX sites keep putting the XBOX down as a failure their like dogs around raw meat, damn the machine has only just started to crawl and already theres a gun to it's head 6 months it took them to come to this conclusion, [idiots] I know it's almost walking in the US (Halo, DoA3, JSRF, Gun Valkyrie etc, etc) in Europe it won't take long as it's been contaminated with PS2s all they have to do it to advertise a little more and we'll kill that parasite
hmmm now Japan is a tricky one here, it's the birth of the PS2 and the GC, so running over and gatecrashing the party isn't a good idea just wait untill you've been asked, the XBOX has the power to do what all programmers were dreaming of doing, take Sega they're happy with the power of the machine and I know there will be a following suit very soon

So, in the long run this XBOX will be sitting next to the PS2 for a while but not for long, couple of months of so
then it has to prove it's self to the Game Cube lets see how the party hang out here I don't think the PS2 won't be invited as it's just to old to have fun

So you "so called XBOX sites", if you haven't got nothing good to say don't say nothing at all I'm sure your mom has told you that

I know that Microsoft wouldn't pull the rug under our feet so keep rocking it gonna me a MAD ONE!!!!

Xcandy
04-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Hi

We at Xcandy.co.uk respect what you are saying but news is news good or bad. We don't "delibrately" dig up or "make up" any bad news.

You didnt see CNN not reporting on the Septemeber 11th Attacks because it want good news.

Steve
(Xcandy.co.uk Admin)

Master Gracey
04-16-2002, 04:36 PM
CAT FIGHT!!!!! RRRRRoooowwwwrr!

Kraft
04-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Has anyone else wandered over to the XCandy sight? I hate to say it, but it looks really... amateurish. That and the color scheme killed my eyes. I'll skip out on its 'unbiased news' if it will save me from going blind.

Afro Aura
04-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Xcandy
Hi

We at Xcandy.co.uk respect what you are saying but news is news good or bad. We don't "delibrately" dig up or "make up" any bad news.

You didnt see CNN not reporting on the Septemeber 11th Attacks because it want good news.

Steve
(Xcandy.co.uk Admin)
sure I do agree but everytime I look at some of these so called sites all I see is sales are down there, sales are down over here, they never sort of putting in sales are really good over here
do they

If someone looks at these sites and is thinking about getting an XBOX I'm sure seeing this will deinitely put them off, I know most of my friends always quote articles of bad press, NEVER good

but I don't listen anymore as I know there going to buy one soon

and gimmie that Superman and Outlaw Golf NOW!!!

Xcandy
04-16-2002, 04:56 PM
Sales information can be of use for any people who are thinking of buying any or even games.

Usually Sales are more trustworthy than a user comment because the user usually is what is called a "fanboy"

Lets say a user didnt know what to buy a Xbox or a Gamecube.
He/She visits numerous sites each with sales information for around the globe. Each console will have bad sales figures in various places and for various reasons.

You cant say this will put anyone off because they will have info for each console.

I do advise ANYone who is thinking of buying a console is to post in a Nuetural ( spelling ) forum not a Xbox Site or a Gamecube site or Especially Ign or Gamespot lol.

Think of what kind of games you want to play and see the selections for each console EVEN Ps2 ( graphics isnt everything )
And choose which sounds more appealing.

IMPORTANT: Before taking the plunge ALWAYS look at the upcoming game releases which can be found on many sites. And see if any of the games appeal to you. Theres nothing worse than buying a console and then finding out theres no new games coming out that you would like to purchase.

Hope this helps

Steve
( www.xcandy.co.uk admin )

Wu3000
04-16-2002, 05:12 PM
xcandy the site is sweet. looking forward to seeing how the virtual site girl turns out. could i suggest thumbnails for the gallery? oh guess i just did.

wu

Master Gracey
04-16-2002, 05:15 PM
This is the kind of spirited debate that needs a cheerleader...

What it all boils down to is "caveat emptor". Buyer beware. Xbox is still in its infancy and people are approaching it with caution. With the exception of Halo, it doesn't really have a good flagship title (I personally think Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat is the best game released yet for Xbox, but it's a port.) Xbox also gets a bad rap because it's an M$ product... a company that was sued for holding a monopoly but got off the hook because of soft money politics. Windows XP is such a slap in the face of the consumer that I'd never install it on my machine... I'd learn Linux before that happened. But the Xbox is quality through and through, and people will start to take notice. It doesn't take a genious to understand this.

l Maximus l
04-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
This is the kind of spirited debate that needs a cheerleader...

What it all boils down to is "caveat emptor". Buyer beware. Xbox is still in its infancy and people are approaching it with caution. With the exception of Halo, it doesn't really have a good flagship title (I personally think Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat is the best game released yet for Xbox, but it's a port.) Xbox also gets a bad rap because it's an M$ product... a company that was sued for holding a monopoly but got off the hook because of soft money politics. Windows XP is such a slap in the face of the consumer that I'd never install it on my machine... I'd learn Linux before that happened. But the Xbox is quality through and through, and people will start to take notice. It doesn't take a genious to understand this.

The funny thing is, though...the first people to put down Microsoft as a company are the first ones to buy their products!

Personally, I have XP and I find it to be the best O.S. that MS has ever come out with to date. No joke! I haven't logged off for about a month or so and the thing hasn't even come close to crashing yet! It's great! :)

Xcandy
04-16-2002, 05:30 PM
I run windows Xp at the moment but its running like a dog with 2 legs with Rabies! I think I need a "FORMAT"

I only choose MS for its compatability with programs which I need to run. If that wasnt the case I would go near it.

On the subject of sales figures what do you think are we allowed to post bad news about the console or are we going to stuff it under the rug and hope no-one notices ?

My personal opinion is that we should be able to talk about so called "bad news" only when its "Big news". We shouldn't try and dig up every last bit of "dirt" on the xbox because that WILL discourage potential new users of the Xbox system and we dont want that to happen because you know what that means, less users = less Publisher support = DEATH OF XBOX. Does that remind you of any console not long ago " can you say the word Dreamcast " This is what exactly happened to the system bad news started to circulate and it wasnt to long until it was no more.

Yes this is kind of a heated debate
Just what I like !!!
--------------------

Thankx Wu3000

We are in the process of creating various apparel for her e.g

Army Chick
Future Borg
Ninja
etc etc it goes on and on.

Steve
( www.xcandy.co.uk Administrator )

Afro Aura
04-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Sales information can be of use for any people who are thinking of buying any or even games.

Usually Sales are more trustworthy than a user comment because the user usually is what is called a "fanboy"

Lets say a user didnt know what to buy a Xbox or a Gamecube.
He/She visits numerous sites each with sales information for around the globe. Each console will have bad sales figures in various places and for various reasons.

You cant say this will put anyone off because they will have info for each console.

Think of what kind of games you want to play and see the selections for each console EVEN Ps2 ( graphics isnt everything )
And choose which sounds more appealing.

IMPORTANT: Before taking the plunge ALWAYS look at the upcoming game releases which can be found on many sites. And see if any of the games appeal to you. Theres nothing worse than buying a console and then finding out theres no new games coming out that you would like to purchase.

Hope this helps

Steve
( www.xcandy.co.uk admin )
YES I can say it does put people off, one my friend was looking to by an XBOX but saw the article about how bad it was doing and went out to buy a PS2, although now he's down my house playing with my XBOX (silly man)

err what did you just say......buying a console with no games on it hmmmm the PS2 is riddled with loads of games so there a another sale

OK fanboy you can call me I'm not a fan of the PS2 but if there is a good game out for it I still like GT3 and Jak and Dexter I'll give praise (although I haven't got a PS2 my friend has) the Game Cube there a some good games on there and I'm glad that there taking a place back to where they really came from Rogue Suadron and Bio-Hazzard are great games (although my friend has them in Japanese hehehehe) theres no love lost with the GC as I'm sure Zelda is going to be a great game

Maybe what I'm just thinking about is that those PS2 arrogant bstard think they can get away with everything

l Maximus l
04-16-2002, 05:37 PM
I run windows Xp at the moment but its running like a dog with 2 legs with Rabies! I think I need a "FORMAT"

I only choose MS for its compatability with programs which I need to run. If that wasnt the case I would go near it.

On the subject of sales figures what do you think are we allowed to post bad news about the console or are we going to stuff it under the rug and hope no-one notices ?

My personal opinion is that we should be able to talk about so called "bad news" only when its "Big news". We shouldn't try and dig up every last bit of "dirt" on the xbox because that WILL discourage potential new users of the Xbox system and we dont want that to happen because you know what that means, less users = less Publisher support = DEATH OF XBOX. Does that remind you of any console not long ago " can you say the word Dreamcast " This is what exactly happened to the system bad news started to circulate and it wasnt to long until it was no more.

Yes this is kind of a heated debate
Just what I like !!!
--------------------

Thankx Wu3000

We are in the process of creating various apparel for her e.g

Army Chick
Future Borg
Ninja
etc etc it goes on and on.

Steve
( www.xcandy.co.uk Administrator )

Well, XCandy...I completely agree that reporting news, whether bad or good, is a good thing. That shows the thoroughness of the journalist. But, it's when subjective language is intertwined with the objective facts that discourages people.

For instance, in regards to the news you posted on your site about the XBox not doing well in Japan, it wasn't as objective as it could have been. Instead, you decided to insert negative subjective language by stating "Microsoft practically can't give away the XBox in Japan!". What you could have stated was (and would have been more objective) : "Due to lower-than-anticipated sales of the XBox in Japan, Toys R Us has decided to sell the XBox console with four games at a discounted price." Now, there is no biased language there.

I stated this to you before on another thread. And, I would like to remind you that I'm not trying to be harsh or negative, I'm just trying to provide some friendly advice, that's all :)

By the way, again, it's great having you as a member here at XBoxaddict.com :)

Xcandy
04-16-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi KraftSLU

Sorry for the delay I just saw your post about the Xcandy.co.uk site.

AT presant the site has only been live for 2 days and at the moment we are trying to get it as simple to edit as possible so you can get the news as soon as possible. Soon we will make the site more proffesional looking but at the moment we want to add as much content as we can. Even though we have had Many
" cool looking site and looks professional " comments you are actually the "first" yes first person to "dis" the siteor even say anything bad about the site.

We have codenamed the above operation as " kickstart "

Steve

Kraft
04-16-2002, 05:42 PM
I didn't mean anything harsh by it, its just rather hard on my eyes. Personal opinon I guess, but man did I have some trouble reading the forum. Oh and wu, I don't know how to build a car from scratch, but if I find something wrong with one Im sure as hell gonna let them know!

Good luck with the site, xcandy

Xcandy
04-16-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi Maximus

I totally agree with your post.

I have spoken to Adam ( the person in the team who handles news content ) and he says he didnt mean to be too negative about the japan xbox item and he has assured me that any new content will not be too negative. I will also check his posts in the coming weeks to make sure he is getting the right point accross.
( you cant get the staff nowadays )

Steve

l Maximus l
04-16-2002, 05:44 PM
Xcandy...That's great! Keep up the good work :) Personally, I think it's great to see so many XBox fan sites out there... And, the best thing of all, it's not a rivalry as much as it is a comradery :)

Xcandy
04-16-2002, 05:48 PM
Thank you KraftSlu