PDA

View Full Version : naki game case

Snoopy7548
04-16-2002, 04:48 PM
i got mine yesterday, and i was just wondering, those dvd holder things, is there any way the discs could get scratched in those? like would the material/fabric scratch the games?

l Maximus l
04-16-2002, 04:50 PM
I would say that it is possible, therefore, I won't risk it, personally.

Here's an idea, though...do you own any personal CDs that you don't care for much anymore? If so, it might be worth testing it with one of those or maybe a blank CD-R or something :)

jschelm
04-16-2002, 04:57 PM
I started a thread on this not too long ago and you can look at what most of the people said. The general consensus was that it probably won't hurt your disks and that MS has approved it for having the disks placed into those sleeves, however, as Max said, some of us still don't totally trust them so you can do things like get small clamshell cases and put the games in those then put the case in the sleeve.

Bakeman
04-16-2002, 05:20 PM
oh sure, they'll say it's approved for the disc so it will damage the disc and you have to go buy it again! EVIL!

LOL that would be really messed up..

I'm not sure if the disc would get damaged or not..

But I did rent Fever 2002 from blockbuster and that game look like it was abused by a lion for a month before I got it.. there was soooooo many scratches on it.. I didn't think it was gonna work.. and the game still ran! I was very shocked! built to last I guess lol

Snoopy7548
04-16-2002, 05:22 PM
scratches dont really matter that much on games, like on psx games. my blockbuster has some really really scratched psx games, and they still work perfectly, the only bad thing is i cant copy them cause theyre so scratched, lol:D

Frostberg
04-16-2002, 06:39 PM
They make regular cd cases out of the same kind of stuff...first off, Naki wouldnt use something that could cause their disc to scratch...then noone would want the case...unless you get a bunch of dust, or random metal sharp objects, like someone puts staples or fine metalinside the sleeves, you are fine...my Halo disc is so scratched up, the fuzion frenzy movie thing barely plays...it is all chopped up and stuff...but it works fine...dam* cousins throwing around discs...but I think they can stand up to some abuse, and if it gets really bad, you can always bring it to wal mart r toys r us and say you got it for _____ ( your birthday, christmas, memorial day, helping the old lady cross the street) from ____ (family member, friend, old lady on street) who lives in ____ (place far away) and it is defective and you want a new one...

E-Xbox
04-16-2002, 07:31 PM
everyone knows the cds are burnt on the top of the cd...
hehe...
therefore unless it was a deep scratch on the bottom then....
or a scratch on the top...
nuttin would happen..

btw...when i take my xbox..i put the discs in the slide things...
they are fine...no scratches yet..

peace

Kooster
04-16-2002, 09:44 PM
I put my games in the Naki case, and it seemed like the games in the outer pockets got small scratches.

Frostberg
04-16-2002, 09:54 PM
I personally dont own many game at one time...only keep the great ones (halo) and sell the rest when Im bored...so I dont think I will ever have more than I can carry...so I dont mind carrying 3 or 4 cases around...just for the art and protection I can get from the lovely green plastic case...but id also feel safe with em in the sleeves...its just that if you are carrying a heavy xbox and 3 or 4 controllers and some cables already...you dont mind a few game cases...

FeelinDandy
04-16-2002, 10:04 PM
Yeah I get small only just notable scratches that don't seem to affect gameplay at all - so now I put them in small softer cd holders before I place them in the slots.