PDA

View Full Version : Hard Decision

y2kash_14
04-16-2002, 10:21 PM
If anyone seen the April issue of GameNOW, then you must have seen the preview of Metal Gear Solid X. Now, the release date is sometime this April and thats great.....only i am short on money (blew it on other games) and i was planning on getting Marrowind which is also scheduled for April. I am leaving the choice up to me fellow XBA-ers.

Kraft
04-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Im not really going to flame, but the looks of a game and how fun it is are two completely different areas. If you take a game that is crappy and polish it till it looks good, all you get is a shiny piece of crap. MSGX was a fun game, but I'm not going to be able to judge morrowind till I get my hands on it. Im kinda hoping it turns out like ultima or everquest or something. Could be just the thing MS needs to really jumpstart the box...

y2kash_14
04-16-2002, 11:00 PM
cool, did you (or do you) read the GameNOW. It had some cool pics. And you can play as Solid Snake through the whole game and Diss the lame Raiden. And Nastasha makes a comeback in the game. Haha. One more point for Xbox, now all we need is GTA3 and we have won.

Skarp
04-16-2002, 11:02 PM
How about this: If your an RPG fan you buy morrowind, if your an action fan, you buy MGSX. Anyway, I have to disagree with whoever said Morrowind was like an old school PC game.
First off, Everquest somewhat recent and a ton of people still play it. I see Morrowind (other than online capabilties) far more dense and advanced than Everquest. Being able to log over 100 hours per character and being able to create thousands of characters? You can add that up yourself.
The graphics are devistatingly better than EQ.
And well you get the point.

I think MGSX would be a great game to rent, Im not sure about its replay value, i know its better that alot of games, but if you are going to actually purchase a game, it should have a sick replay value. I.E. nba2k2, halo, fever, thps3, etc..
Morrowind will definetly fall into that category.

Kraft
04-16-2002, 11:04 PM
You misread what I said. Not that Morrowind was like an old school PC game, but that I hoped it ran like one. Like at least as big as EQ or the likes. Huge online game through console = bucks for MS.

y2kash_14
04-16-2002, 11:08 PM
The hard part is, i love RPG's and Action games! the clock is ticking and i still havn't made a decision. In my opinion i thought the first Metal Gear Solid on PS had a lot of Replay value. I still play the game nowdays. And i got the game on Launch Day.

Kraft
04-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Oh, huge idea... This is big guys and gals... If you're standing up, then sit down. If your're already sitting down, go ahead and stand up so you can sit down. We ready for this? Good...

*deep breath*
*drum roll*

*end drums*
rent them.
*breath out*

yeah, why not just rent them for a few days and see which one you like before dumping cash. thats always been my plan of attack. Renting saved me from buying Gunvalkyrie and DOA3. (not that either are bad games, they're just not games I could play my moneys worth out of.)

VenoM
04-16-2002, 11:13 PM
i just remembered...wasnt that mgsx preview an april fools joke...i remember reading about it in the may issue

Master Gracey
04-16-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
If you take a game that is crappy and polish it till it looks good, all you get is a shiny piece of crap.

"You can't polish a turd, Beavis."

datalink7
04-17-2002, 12:20 AM
I think that Moorwind is going to end up being over hyped. The "hands on" preview at ign sounded like they didn't feel it was all that great.

Definently wate fore some reviews on this one before buying.

y2kash_14
04-17-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by VenoM
i just remembered...wasnt that mgsx preview an april fools joke...i remember reading about it in the may issue

:( I didn't get my May issue yet, so i looked it up and you were right, it was a joke, damn Gamenow jerks. Well, might as well, just vote for witch game you would rather get.