PDA

View Full Version : Gta3

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 09:25 AM
DMA, famous for the GTA series is hard at work on GTA3. The game will appear on PS2 and Xbox, and is already high on my “must buy” list. For one, unlike the rest of the series, this game is in full 3D. If that were the only improvement, it would still be worthy of purchase. The game features way more than good graphics.

Imagine a virtual city. Walk on the streets during the early morning hours and you will see people in suits rushing to make it to work on time, complaining about deadlines and long work hours. Now imagine taking the subway and going into the suburban area. Now, you’re exposed to houses as opposed to tall buildings, with kids walking all around the place creating a sense of peace. Lastly, imagine an industrial sector with construction sites, rude construction workers and more. You have just visited Liberty city, the main location of GTA3. All I have just said is in the game, as I described it. This is a mature game however, so your character will have to spread some chaos all across the city.

GTA3 as you all know it from its prequels is a game about a character trying to get respect from the mafia by doing many evil deeds, such as assault, murder, and as the title suggests, Grand Theft Auto. You will have to complete missions in order to progress in the storyline and unlock all 3 parts of the city: downtown, industrial sector, and the suburban sector. You could just walk around, exploring the huge environments and ignore all orders, but soon enough you’ll want to get into the missions themselves.

What makes the game so amazing is the incredible freedom it gives you to create a total anarchy. This game is best described using scenarios, so I will do just that. Imagine you’re walking down the street and you see a Ferrari that you like. You go closer, open the door and kick the driver out. He could attack you or just lay down, praying you will not kill him. Now you’re inside the Ferrari and ready to drive off. The car is fully functional, hence can be driven problem free. However, you have the cops running after you. Should you crash into a wall, the car will break thanks to its 17 damage zones. If it turns over, you will see your character emerge from the wreckage, all bruised and hurt. Should you not crash, you can expect a long police chase, made less dull by the fact that each car has a radio providing you with access to many different radio stations. The game should have around 50 songs all together.

The scenario above is applicable to EVERY SINGLE CAR you see, and there are over 45 different cars, with up to 5 variations of each. You can car jack Ferraris, minivans, ambulances, ice cream trucks, taxis, police cars, and hell even water based crafts such as ships and boats, all fully drivable. If you car jack a taxi, the people in it will ask you to take them somewhere. Once they see you’re not the real driver, they’ll either scream and ask to get out, or offer you some dirty job, seeing as how they know you’re a thief!

Should you decide to keep your mischief on the streets, you can use your array of weapons, including baseball bats, machine guns, Uzi, shotguns, Molotov ****tails, grenades, sniper rifles, rocket launchers, or the ever so painful flame thrower on ANY person you see. Kill a businessman, and his colleague may run and call the cops. So in other words, if you kill, be responsible and kill the eyewitnesses too. If you are dumb enough to kill another gangster, expect his gang to be looking for your dead ass. The more crimes you commit, the more notorious you become. There are 5 levels of notoriety, level 5 being on the FBI top 10 most wanted list. So, if you’re a level 5 low life scumbag, expect even a swing of the bat to result in the cops running after you. Should you choose to escape on foot, do have in mind the fact that the character will get tired, and then only good old car jacking will save you.

The game will feature a lot of missions, with great diversity from mission to mission. One mission for example will be to car jack an ice cream truck. Once this is done, fill it up with C4 and have as many kids come buy ice cream as possible. Then, get out and move far from the truck and KABOOOOOOOM, you’ve just killed hundreds of innocent people. Hey, at least it’s a game; people do this in real life. Once all missions in a region are completed, you will be able to go to another region of Liberty City. Should you choose to go to downtown before you complete all the industrial sector missions, you will see that the bridge leading to downtown is broken, and will be fixed only when you finish your missions. In other words, no more invisible walls to stop you from moving around. Pretty nice and realistic if you ask me!

The game will feature realistic weather conditions; so do expect a change from day to night, from sunny to cloudy, from rain to snow. Car jack a minivan while it’s raining, and you’re more likely to lose control of the car and crash. A day in Liberty City is 30 minutes long. In other words, 15 minutes in the game, it’ll turn into nighttime. Once it does, you’ll see streets once filled with businessman and regular citizens now filled with gangsters, pimps and hookers. Once again, the kill ANYONE rule stays, but the risk is higher. WAY higher.

That about sums up what GTA3 offers. but in it’s core, the game will remain just as I described it: Dark, violent, and…FUN!

dragonx87
04-17-2002, 10:43 AM
after what you just told me, gta3 better come to xbox soon. i cant wait to start havoc in this game.

Calve
04-25-2002, 09:55 PM
dont get all hyped!!!

it aint comin

Peace

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 10:11 PM
It is coming...May 16th you will be able to buy it...at least thats the set release date for now...

Liquid Gears
04-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Ya, I gotta wierd feeling that it won't come out for XBOX. If it was, they would have offically announced by now. I agree, don't get all hyped up from all these rumors until they offically announce it.

kornavs19
04-27-2002, 07:33 AM
It is coming...May 16th you will be able to buy it...at least thats the set release date for now...

Do u have a link or something? Thanks

faceoff508
04-27-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23

Do u have a link or something? Thanks

I think he was joking!!

Xbox-rat
04-27-2002, 02:30 PM
i hope it comes out for xbox!!

Fixxer
04-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Graphical signatures are dumb and annoying in the first place, but man, that takes the cake. :p

Snoopy7548
04-27-2002, 05:35 PM
lol, that sig is just too big. make it smaller

EHWfedPres
04-27-2002, 08:50 PM
Im only joking if the XBA site is joking...see for yourself...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/game_search.php?keyword=Grand+Theft+Auto+3&limit=25

Of course it says May 15th, which is probably the shipping date, morons...

blindrocket
04-27-2002, 09:29 PM
I went to xbox.com and did the real time chat thing, I asked them the release date, and they said none has been given, at all, and that it is expected to be a FALL/WINTER release... I did this today, just a few hours ago. I would *think* xbox.com would know before xboxaddict.com.

EHWfedPres
04-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Well perhaps xboxaddict.com would know enough to put dow release dates instead of shipping dates...:rolleyes:

ScorpionX
04-27-2002, 09:53 PM
If this game even comes out which is doubtful it will probably not be till next year.

EHWfedPres
04-27-2002, 09:55 PM
I dont care, ill wait till next year

y2kash_14
04-27-2002, 11:43 PM
ggrrrrrr............once i again......Take-Two confirmed GTA3 for Xbox with no set release date. Just go to the Xbox section of Videogames.com and look up GTA3 you will find the info there..........now please STOP with the GTA3 threads

kornavs19
05-02-2002, 05:04 PM
This sux. I just want it to come out. Y do they have to b like that and not give us a date.

Punkbob
05-02-2002, 06:01 PM
I saw a different GTA 3 commercial the other day and at the end the announcer said "Grand Theft Auto 3 now on PS2 and coming soon to PC"

Nothing about Xbox was said. I'm not saying it is or isn't coming to Xbox, but that's what the commercial said.

Young_Fledgling
05-02-2002, 09:27 PM
I cannot wait for GTA3!!!!!! IT sounds like a wicked game and everyone that i know that has played it on ps2 talks about how good it is! i cannot wait for it to come to the xbox! I hope they add some extra stuff exclusive for the box, then we would have a little something to brag about. :D

EHWfedPres
05-02-2002, 11:07 PM
I just hope it comes soon before people lose interest.