PDA

View Full Version : kmart is almost gone

Wu3000
04-17-2002, 11:55 AM
one more reminder that this week kmart is haveing an 30 -40% off sale. and yes the xbox games are on sale too!! hope you find something. !!!!!

happy shopping
wu

Snoopy7548
04-17-2002, 11:57 AM
really? thats so awesome, i should go down and buy some, when is the sale ending? and is that for all kmarts?

Nato King
04-17-2002, 12:27 PM
That is really great to here just when Morrowind should be coming out I will get it 30 to 40% off that is wounderful.:)

Ninja Scroll
04-17-2002, 12:28 PM
LOL, I dont have no Kmart around my hood, but i'll check out their sales papers and compare it at Best Buy to honor it.

But da real question is..... What's Martha Stewart gonna do?!:confused:

:D

Ninja Scroll
04-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
That is really great to here just when Morrowind should be coming out I will get it 30 to 40% off that is wounderful.:)

Sorry to brake it to ya serg, but Morrowind got delayed until early next month!:o

Whisper
04-17-2002, 12:35 PM
i hope its for Canadian Kmarts too! I'm going to pick up 3-5 if this is truth!

Kmart is almost out of business, the place it pathetic :D

I think Sears is on its way out too, honeslty... they may seem 'ok' but internal problems straight from the source: Here's some info for people who are bored :cool:

My mom worked for Sears Canada for 24 years and was only a few years away from a nice optional package... then... Sears accquired Eatons. A year later, in her 25th year, she was 'fired' for Human Resource reasons... sure... all the EATONS employees came in... since my mom got fired, 3 of her freinds have been fired, all 3 there for more than 10 years, her long time boss who was approaching 35 years of service was then let go... meanwhile, all these young new EATONS employees were taking the jobs. Just a week ago my mom phoned a freind and asked for "name's" work number, she learned they did a mass firing and 2 more of people she knew were fired...

so who took over who? Eatons took over Sears Canada from the inside... if i were you and you owned stock in Sears, sell it now! Even though if you might have had it you probably sold it already they have been going down for a long time

anyway... now my mom works for Zenex Corp... they pay less grrrr:mad: ... this pay cut it dipping into my XBOX games fund ;)

ah well.. we got the best of them... my mom had a kickass laptop on loan at the time, once she got fired, she waited awhile, and learned that the person (freind) that did the sign in's/out's for the laptop equipment lost their job... so... where do you think that laptop is now ;)

anyways... thats my story of the day

FlyBoy
04-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w

HEHE... wouldn't help ya' anyways if Morrowmind were to be released soon. K-Mart takes about a month to get new games and I'm sure they won't be re-stocking their inventory as they shut down for good.

BYE BYE K-MART!:confused:

LynxFX
04-17-2002, 01:11 PM
They still owe Martha Stewart around $10+ million. Her sales last year for stuff with her name reached 1 billion bucks. Damn I wish showed people how to decorate pinecones.

DZNUTZ
04-17-2002, 01:33 PM
but is it all kmart or just most?

DZNUTZ
04-17-2002, 01:37 PM
hey guys before running out to your local K-marts,,,call first..i just called the closest one to my work and their not closing or having a sale. just thought i'd post this so hopefully someone don't make a trip for no reason.

Wu3000
04-17-2002, 02:23 PM
im not sure if its all kmarts, i quess i should have checked before i posted.

but if you live in austin tx then this does apply to you.

wu

DZNUTZ
04-17-2002, 02:51 PM
yea the kmart i called was in Seaside Ca...so check around folks...i personally would be all over that offer.

also Wu...in response to your avatar....yea i smoked a da white rhino

Wu3000
04-17-2002, 03:33 PM
it was good right. its one of my favs.
got good buds over in your part of the world?

just got kelly slater and burnside on tony3. damn this game is way way to repetitive. i love this game haha.

wu

Wu3000
04-17-2002, 03:34 PM
didnt see killa kali.
nuff said.

wu

FaTBoi702
04-17-2002, 09:27 PM
you wont be able to get any new games, kmart isnt gettin any new items. TOTAL LIQUIDATION

FlyBoy
04-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Dude, this has nothing to do with the topic... I just wanted to say Fatboi's siggy inspired me to go watch Wayne's World! :)

LynxFX
04-17-2002, 11:13 PM
My local K-marts in Denver aren't closing either. No sales going on, but plenty of new stock. They were all Super K-marts though, the ones with the grocery store as well.

A shame too, I really needed some new curtains and sheets for real. :o

JohnB
04-17-2002, 11:28 PM
yo wtf... stop bashing kmart cause i freakin work there :D
im a college student and work part time at kmart. they suck like you guys said. but i get paid pretty well. no not all of the kmarts are closing. only several hundred out of several thousand in the country. i never buy my games at kmart cause they dont get crap, period. no new games... :mad:
I would just stick with Best Buy, screw kmart

LynxFX
04-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Here are the actual Kmart stores that are closing nationwide. Only 284 are closing.

Kmart's closing, listed by state. (http://www.kmartcorp.com/corp/story/pressrelease/news/pr020308b.stm)

Find one near you and go get those deals.

I still need those curtains.

FlyBoy
04-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by JohnB
yo wtf... stop bashing kmart cause i freakin work there :D
im a college student and work part time at kmart. they suck like you guys said. but i get paid pretty well. no not all of the kmarts are closing. only several hundred out of several thousand in the country. i never buy my games at kmart cause they dont get crap, period. no new games... :mad:
I would just stick with Best Buy, screw kmart

"Don't bash kmart..."

"screw kmart"

I'm confused... haha... are you a lover or a hater?:cool:

FlyBoy
04-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Here are the actual Kmart stores that are closing nationwide. Only 284 are closing.

Kmart's closing, listed by state. (http://www.kmartcorp.com/corp/story/pressrelease/news/pr020308b.stm)

Find one near you and go get those deals.

I still need those curtains.

Woah! My local K isn't closing! Too bad the new Wal-Mart will be up by this summer, then they'll probably have to throw it on the list of shut-downs.

It kinda makes me sad... K-Mart has been around forever.

Skarp
04-18-2002, 12:28 AM
is there anywhere on the internet you can locate this sale...kmart website is selling xbox games for 49.95...

LynxFX
04-18-2002, 01:35 AM
Nope, you have to go to the actual store that is closing. They are just selling stock that they physically have in the store. You can find some good deals online though if you look around and are at the right spot at the right time. Best Buy and Circuit City have lots of $10 off on games weekly. Just have to catch it on the right week. Amazon.com has had some 50% and 70% off on certain games.

JohnB
04-18-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by FlyBoy

"Don't bash kmart..."

"screw kmart"

I'm confused... haha... are you a lover or a hater?:cool:

ya i was being sarcastic with my first comment.... so screw kmart.
There's another one closing in my area so I will go to it and see if I get any deals.

guitargod711
04-18-2002, 08:23 AM
I hate kmart anyways