PDA

View Full Version : X-Box Baseball

SgEvan18
04-17-2002, 03:17 PM
I was wonderin what is probably the best baseball game for x box, All-Star Baseball 2k3, or Triple play 2k2, Or should i wait for World series 2k2??? tell why, thanx

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 04:26 PM
You decide: 1. Triple Play: Step up to the plate and swing for the fences with Triple Play 2002 for Xbox. The action on the field comes to life with real player models and dramatic out-of-play sequences, giving players the chance to experience big game moments such as a game-winning hit or a key strikeout.

FEATURES:
Features

Photo-realistic 3D head scans of all the players in Major League Baseball, including Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Ichiro Suzuki, Jason Giambi, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez
Authentic motion captured movements of World Series Champion and Triple Play 2002 spokesman Luis Gonzalez
Authentic batting and pitching styles allowing player likenesses to look just like their real life counterparts
Re-designed gameplay presentation builds drama and tension during critical matchups with more dynamic camera angles and placement
Play-by-play from award winning broadcaster Bob Costas and color commentary from ESPN Baseball Tonight analyst Harold Reynolds
New cinematic out-of-play sequences bring the ballpark experience to life with game introductions, strikeouts and home run animations and inning transitions
Enhanced facial and body animations including eye blinking, lips moving, fists pumping and high-fiving allows players to show more emotion
All 30 MLB stadiums re-modeled in precise detail including animated scoreboards that update real-time as the game progresses
New Home Run Derby Compete in an eight-player elimination tournament or play in one-on-one competition
Re-designed player highlights and fielding aids allow for easier fielding while fine tuned pitching and throwing controls include one-button throws to the best base
Throwing controls are more responsive with throwing power sensitivity with analog control
Major League Baseball and MLBPA licenses give game players all the teams and players in the major leagues
2002 team schedules and rosters
Analog control

All-Star Baseball 2003: The best of both worlds! All-Star Baseball 2003 offers the perfect blend of simulation style hardball for the baseball fanatic with the pick up and play ease for the casual sports gamer. Featuring all 30 MLB teams and 900+ pro players. Ten modes of play including "Exhibition," "Season," and "Career," and specialties like "Batting Practice" and "Home Run Derby." New "Expansion" mode allows gamers to create custom teams, choosing city, stadium, and logos to add their squad to the Major League schedule. Cooperstown Hall of Fame team lets fans play with greats like Mike Schmidt, Reggie Jackson, and Yogi Berra. Games are called by Bob Brenly, Thom Brennaman, and Steve Lyons.

Thats all I found, now you decide. But I think you should get All-Star Baseball 2003, because it got better ratings.

:p :p

robnyack
04-27-2002, 07:31 PM
save your money....both games BLOW!

wait for Wold Series Baseball 2k3. Comes out in May. Our last chance for a good baseball game.

sounds promising so far.

EHWfedPres
04-27-2002, 08:45 PM
Honestly, how much fun can a baseball video game really be? You hit a ball. That will get boring very quickly. Then you run in a circle. You can only run one way, so you dont have much control there. Its almost as boring as a game on TV. 2 seconds sepnt pitching, 5 minutes of guys standing around. Then a commercial and 10 more minutes of guys standing around. Baseball is nothing more than Organized Monkey In The Middle.

dreamcastdre
05-09-2002, 10:07 PM
I'd wait for World Series Baseball without question. I've got All Star Baseball and I love it but World Series Baseball sounds like it's gonna kick the ***** out of it when it comes. Hold on to your dough and pick up Sega's sure fire masterpiece.

mack10
05-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
save your money....both games BLOW!

wait for Wold Series Baseball 2k3. Comes out in May. Our last chance for a good baseball game.

sounds promising so far.

This guy hit the nail on the head ;)
Trust me there isn't a Baseball game on the XBOX worth $50

Punkbob
05-10-2002, 01:25 AM
I like baseball. I played little league a lot through my childhood. I don't watch it on tv though, cause it's just boring to me. I'd probably watch a baseball game if someone I knew was on the team though.

Anyway, I rented Triple Play 2002 for Xbox and I wasn't too impressed. It has some good graphics I guess, but that's it. I just don't like how it plays. I've been watching movies from World Series 2K2 and it looks to be great.

Bob

P-Rock
05-11-2002, 12:01 PM
World Series Baseball 2003 sucks and is a very horrible game that needs to be stopped from being developed. I've played All-Star Baseball 2003, it was ok, but it was really hard to hit the ball. I heard from other people that Triple Play 2003 is a bad game and it has bad control. So I guess you decide for yourself, just rent them if you gotta.

Dub
05-11-2002, 01:27 PM
I'm waiting for World Series...might rent it first though.

MixMasta
05-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by WolverineX
World Series Baseball 2003 sucks and is a very horrible game that needs to be stopped from being developed. I've played All-Star Baseball 2003, it was ok, but it was really hard to hit the ball. I heard from other people that Triple Play 2003 is a bad game and it has bad control. So I guess you decide for yourself, just rent them if you gotta.

how can u say wsb sucks when its not out yet???

P-Rock
05-11-2002, 06:39 PM
No, what I mean by saying that "World Series Baseball 2003 sucks", meaning not that game but the whole series of game. Like 2002 and all the ones they made before. Even if some were for other systems, their style of gameplay is really crappy and not fun at all. Thats what I meant.

By the way, can you make me a custom avatar. My AIM and Email is on my signature. Contact me on one of those and we'll talk. Thanks.

Shiz_96
05-18-2002, 02:13 PM
All star is good World Series should be the best if gameplay is solid and seamless.