PDA

View Full Version : Kreed is Coming

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 04:38 PM
I found this on another forum about Kreed, after you read it scroll down and see the pictures:
Kreed is a dynamic 1st- person-3D-Shooter with its action taking place at the graveyard of spaceships, in a mysteries area of cosmic Universe. Its hero, who is an elite warrior from a semi-religious organisation, will overcome lots of danger on his way, meet representatives of unknown to the mankind races and civilisations. Original weaponry and items of equipment, dynamic battles, lots of special effects allows a player find himself in the very centre of events, and the variety of level interior brings the colours of the fantastic world of the 3d century.

Main features:

The system of bringing game scenes into view uses modern possibilities of DirectX 8.0 and the Geforce 3

a. Pixel and vector shaders
b. Particle Systems
c. Per-pixel lighting
e. Texturing uses the maps of environments (cubemaps)
f. Projection textures cover all game objects including dynamic ones
g. Skeleton animation (up to 120 "bones" per character, fingers, lips and eyes are animated)
h. Volumetric and layered fog
i. Stencil-buffer based shadows
j. Up to 4000 polygons in a model

The game engine provides vast possibilities:

a. Realistic enemies' Artificial Intelligence
b. Realistic physical processes, impacts and explosions
c. Complex level design

Updated audio-engine that is compatible to the majority of modern sound cards:

a. Sounds of environment
b. Volumetric sound effects

Client-server architecture of X-Tend supports multiplayer game mode allowing simultaneous playing of great number of players via the Internet or LAN.

Different varieties of the multiplayer modes - DeathMatch, Team DeathMatch,ÑTF, Last Man Standing, Assault, etc.

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 04:39 PM
here are more

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 04:40 PM
one more

l Maximus l
04-17-2002, 04:42 PM
D a m n, faceoff! This is looking nice! Great news there, buddy! I'm a die hard fan of FPSs! Hey, do you know who makes this game and when it is supposedly coming out?

I say "BRING ON THE FPSs!!!!" Sweet! :D

cornflake
04-17-2002, 04:43 PM
HOLY CRAP THAT LOOKS SWEET

thejoker
04-17-2002, 04:46 PM
I think I'm in LOVE! The graphics are..... gee I'm speachless!

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Kreed is being developed in Russia and is currently looking for a US publisher.:) :D :p

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 04:57 PM
one more pic: http://www.burut.ru/scrinshot/kreed5.jpg http://www.burut.ru/scrinshot/kreed4.jpg

l Maximus l
04-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Wow, faceoff...this game is looking great...I don't think they'll have a tough time trying to find a publisher for this mama jama :D The multi-player ALONE sounds intriguing :D I also like the sound of the unique arsenal of weapons this game has... Very cool news, dude :)

By the way, if no one has welcomed you to XBA (XBoxaddict) yet, then, WELCOME ABOARD! :)

ftyards
04-17-2002, 05:11 PM
i love fps. grabbed

DZNUTZ
04-17-2002, 05:37 PM
oh yeah...this puppy looks killer. great find faceoff....now thats a way to make an entrance at XBA. as maximus said....welcome aboard.:)

Dre
04-17-2002, 05:39 PM
You guys think those looked good? Dudes.. go to this site (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/kreed/ ) and dl both videos.. you won't be disappointed.

Cheers,
Dre

Frink
04-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Kreed looks like a pretty sweet game. Can't wait. :cool:

Dre
04-17-2002, 06:51 PM
BTW, I have not seen anything that says this is coming for Xbox. As far as I know this is a PC exclusive title. I wonder if the Xbox can handle all the graphic features that this game will have. It looks like its being designed for Geforce 4 Ti 4600 with a 2Ghz cpu and 512 megs of ram... seriously.. this game looks DEMANDING!

l Maximus l
04-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Dre
BTW, I have not seen anything that says this is coming for Xbox. As far as I know this is a PC exclusive title. I wonder if the Xbox can handle all the graphic features that this game will have. It looks like its being designed for Geforce 4 Ti 4600 with a 2Ghz cpu and 512 megs of ram... seriously.. this game looks DEMANDING!

Well, I don't know if it's coming for XBox either...but, I do know for sure that the XBox can definately handle that. The nVidia graphics card is, believe it or not, more powerful than the Geforce 4 card. And, the XBox's processor is 733mhz, so, that's definately enough. :)

Dre
04-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Well, I don't know if it's coming for XBox either...but, I do know for sure that the XBox can definately handle that. The nVidia graphics card is, believe it or not, more powerful than the Geforce 4 card. And, the XBox's processor is 733mhz, so, that's definately enough. :)

Sorry to burst your bubble Max, but the Nvidia chip is based on the Geforce 3 chipset. It therefore does not have the extra doodads the Geforce 4 boasts over the Geforce3 and logically cannot be more powerful. I can't seem to connect to www.nvidia.com (site is down???) but I did find this (http://news.com.com/2100-1040-253073.html). Although it is old, it is still an official statement from Nvidia and from a reliable source (cnet).

Cheers,
Dre

~nVidia~
04-17-2002, 08:17 PM
That makes no sense.... if it is designed for Geforce 4 Ti 4600, then only limited amount of people would buy it. They would have very low sales. I highly doubt it is designed for JUST the Geforce 4 Ti 4600. The smart move would be take it to Xbox...the other consoles couldn't handle the graphics.

Geforce 4 Ti 4600 is better than Xbox's.

Dre
04-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ~nVidia~
That makes no sense.... if it is designed for Geforce 4 Ti 4600, then only limited amount of people would buy it. They would have very low sales. I highly doubt it is designed for JUST the Geforce 4 Ti 4600. The smart move would be take it to Xbox...the other consoles couldn't handle the graphics.

Geforce 4 Ti 4600 is better than Xbox's.

Please take a look at the videos (check one of my earlier posts) and post then, let me know what you think.

Also, just to clarify, when I say looks like its being designed for a Geforce 4 I am talking about the lighting effects (multiple light sources) and bla bla bla... Obviously a game developer, like you said, is not going to design exclusively for one setup. But I invite you to take a look around a games option menu and the video settings tab.. You'll see the option of lowering resolution, different levels of detail, etc... Remember those??? Thats where the lower end peeps get to play, and developers do NOT design for that level, they simply offer the option to lower or completely turn off some of the effects that make the game look so great.

Cheers,
Dre

Hugh_Jass
04-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Either that, or they don't plan to release the game for 1-2 years when GeForce 4 will be entry-level gear.

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 11:04 AM
this game looks awesome, check out those sweet water effects:
http://www.burut.ru/scrinshot/kreed4.jpg