PDA

View Full Version : Who picked up Spiderman? 1st Impressions?

DZNUTZ
04-17-2002, 05:26 PM
did anyone pick it up yet....cmon..give up the first impressions already!!!! i wanna know what ya'll think.

Punkbob
04-17-2002, 05:43 PM
I picked it up at Toys R Us today. The last Spider-Man game I played was the 1st one on the Playstation. So far I really like this game. It has a nice tutorial, as well as other training missions. Also, it has the question mark things throughout the actual game to give you tips and whatnot.

The framerate is really smooth, and the graphics are cool. The webbing of course is the coolest.

E-Xbox
04-17-2002, 06:43 PM
is the game similar to the ps versions?

peace

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Is the game good? I am not getting it but if it has good graphics and gameplay it should be a worthy rental.

PURPLEKUSH
04-17-2002, 10:02 PM
:eek: Ima big fan of spiderman

What im wonderin is if the game spiderman has any diffulcultys , or is it like the batman videogame on XBOX where if you pass it thats it.

I really hope it has its diffulcultys so i wont pass it so fast like i did on the rest of my games.

Punkbob
04-18-2002, 12:33 AM
It has different difficulty settings if that's what you mean. It also have training missions you can do. For example, one is the Obstacle Course. You have to try to get a really low time. If you touch any surfaces (floor, walls, etc.) you get 5 seconds added on to your time.

Yeah, it's similar to the PS versions in that it has some of the same moves. Like the web gloves, dome shield, projectile web ball. But there's lots of combos you get throughout the game.

PURPLEKUSH
04-18-2002, 12:50 AM
Yep thats exactly what i was talkin about the diffulculty setting.

But like you said it does that is the ****s know i really cant wait to go an bye it tomarrow.!!!!

Woocifer
04-18-2002, 07:37 AM
That's weird cuz I bought it yesterday and I'm in Canada...what's the big wait?

BTW the game is pretty cool. My only major gripe is with the camera...it's tough because it doesnt always follow your guy, but you can centre it on him by pressing down on the right joystick or the black button...unless you're in super duper control mode...then its only press down on the right joystick.

You can't fall ALL the way to the ground, but you can fall pretty damn far. I kinda wanted to go to the ground GTA3 style and beat on some jelly donut eaters, but nooooo hehehe

But the cities LOOK AMAZING! Not totally realistic...but they give you a sense of depth, and the glass on buildings reflects one another. I want to try and tag onto one of those helicopters flying by and air surf....dunno if you can or not.

Anyway this game is like the other Spiderman, but totally enhanced. It's a pretty cool game! I played it for about 2 hours last night and JUST got to the first boss. I'm wondering how many little levels I have to do. Some of them are really really short...

Take it easy!

Punkbob
04-18-2002, 01:18 PM
Yeah, it's a fun game. Hey, did you notice that if you're in a city and you go down really low, people will say stuff to you. Like this one guy said to me, "Hey Spider-Man you're the coolest!" Something like that. And Spidey says "Ah, my adoring fans."

Razor70
04-19-2002, 12:04 AM
The thing I think is the coolest about the Xbox version is that it has two more levels than the other ones and another villian. The graphics I think are very cool (especially in the first stage when you are swinging through the city). It's also cool that Tobey Mcguire and William Dafoe used there voices in the game..not to mention a certain Evil Dead dude too. I kept waiting for him to say..."Give me some webbing Spidey!" but alas LOL. Oh well it's a defenet pick up if you are a Spidey fan!

SweetShot
04-19-2002, 09:25 PM
What would you rate spiderman on a scale 1-10?

Woocifer
04-19-2002, 10:37 PM
I'd give it a 7...after playing it a little longer, the camera is annoying. They need to make it follow spidey and be a little more intuitive ya know?

Murk
04-20-2002, 12:13 AM
i'd give it 8.5.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Well from what i've been hearing this game should be pretty tyte, so i'll give it a rental fist then decide if i wanna get it.

Untill next time...:mad:

Razor70
04-22-2002, 07:30 PM
I would rate this game a 9.5 out of 10! But then again I am a BIG Spider-man fan too! May 3rd is not getting here quick enough! Aggghhhhh!