PDA

View Full Version : How long can I keep XBox on?

Genius03
04-17-2002, 06:02 PM
I was going to play Halo with some friends this weekend- however heard somewhere that the XBox shouldn't be on for longer than 3 hours. How long should I keep it off after 3 hours, and would it be smart to sub other XBox's in to replace the ones we've been playing on.

Thanks!!!!!

Crazy Joe
04-17-2002, 06:13 PM
I can personally say that mine has been on for well over 24 hours before and I have never had a single glitch with mine. But your's might be different, although i am sure it can last longer than 3 hours.

Dag78
04-17-2002, 06:16 PM
ive heard all these stories about the xbox messin up if you leave it on for to long... but i have fallen asleep multiple times w/ it on, while watchin a DVD, nothin happened. also i had it LAN halo goin all night and all day twice. 2pm-6am, and 7pm-7am and nothing has ever happened to mine. it just depends, im one of the lucky ones:cool:

LynxFX
04-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Gotta love the rumors and 'theories' spread by PS2 and GC fanboys. :rolleyes:

l Maximus l
04-17-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

lol, Lynxfx! Exactly!

I've played my XBox for 12 hours straight a few times...not a single glitch occured..and, another time, I accidentially left my XBox on over night and didnt' catch it until the next night...and, still, no problems whatsoever. This thing is a beast!! :D

Spike Minoda
04-17-2002, 06:26 PM
hey i left my xbox on at my dads house for a weekend and came back on monday.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-17-2002, 06:27 PM
These stories just keep surfacing, and none has truly been proven, for i personally have had my XBOX on for 10HRS str8, playing NFL-Fever with my friends, then we hoppped on HALO for about another 6 HRS of good ol Multiplayer Slayer and a plethora Deathmathes..so i have yet to see any of these "theories" brought to true facts:confused:

So basicly i say, just test it out for yourself man, to see the facts first hand, ya heard.

Untill next time...:mad:

E-Xbox
04-17-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

exactly what i was thinking...

btw WELCOME TO XBA!

PEACE

Twisted J
04-17-2002, 06:45 PM
ive been on it 20 hours str8 with friends, i play well over 12 hours by myself everyweekend.

jschelm
04-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that the XBox won't let you hurt it by keeping it on too long. If it is gonna overheat, it will shut itself off before anything gets damaged.

And for those of you who forget and leave your XBox on all the time don't forget about the built in timer that will shut it off after 6 hours of inactivity.

DOOM
04-17-2002, 07:30 PM
I Have Had The XBOX In My Shop For THREE MONTH'S!
I Use It In My Store's Front Window To Demo Games 24Hrs 7Days A Week...
Gets Peoples Attention...
No Problems Here!:)

Alien
04-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Also, you can turn on a feature where after 6 hours of non-use, it will turn itself off. Look in 'settings' to turn it on.

DOOM
04-17-2002, 08:01 PM
Yeah I Know, But I Like To Leave It On All Night & Day...
You Can See The 35 inch screen through the gate at night when we are closed...
Catchy!

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DOOM
I Have Had The XBOX In My Shop For THREE MONTH'S!
I Use It In My Store's Front Window To Demo Games 24Hrs 7Days A Week...
Gets Peoples Attention...
No Problems Here!:)

lol..>WOW!!! I think DOOM beat us all! He's the man to know...he owns a video gaming store! :D Well, there you have it folks! The XBox is probably no different than a VCR or DVD player which are never turned off :)

DZNUTZ
04-18-2002, 11:42 AM
yup...i leave mine on all the time...no probs what so eva...so add me to the list of people that own xboxs and AINT had no probs.

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 11:53 AM
Holy bejeezus! 24-7... now that box is racking up the hours! Nice advertisement DOOM! :)