PDA

View Full Version : Where have the Commercials gone to...

faceoff508
04-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Why did GameCube and XBOX stop advirtising there games on TV. I hardly see any game commercail(sp) anymore. Tell me what you think. :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :mad: :mad: :(

Skarp
04-18-2002, 12:34 AM
Gamecube and Xbox advirtised during the beginning of their existence to encourge people not only to buy the game but to buy the system. Now, it is figured that most people who play games will own the system, so people will be looking for games to buy. Thus commercials aren't needed as much.

sinizuh
04-18-2002, 12:36 AM
once Xbox Live is launched, Xbox commericals will return.
once AAA Gamecube games are released, GC commericals will return.

LynxFX
04-18-2002, 01:42 AM
I still see them all the time. I guess not as much as after the launch but they still get played alot here.

I bet after E3 there will be a shlew of new commercials, and I'm sure more game commercials before movies. I don't know how many times I saw the Myth III ad and Zelda ad at the movie theatre.

Halo of Flies
04-18-2002, 04:07 AM
We're still getting ads in the UK 'cos the XBox is still new. In the last week I've seen the 'Play more/mosquito' one and a DOA one. I think they should be on more often though and at better times (and instead of this 'play more' crap just show the bloody games!).

Nato King
04-18-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I still see them all the time. I guess not as much as after the launch but they still get played alot here.

I bet after E3 there will be a shlew of new commercials, and I'm sure more game commercials before movies. I don't know how many times I saw the Myth III ad and Zelda ad at the movie theatre.

I agree with Lynxfx I still see GC commercials but I don't see s lot of xbox commercials anymore but like I said before I feel that xbox does a lot of word of mouth Advertising and after E3 ther will be a lot more new xbox commercials around.:)

Ninja Scroll
04-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Those GC TV ads are still all over da place, ya know... the one that Nintendo does where they show off about 4 or 5 games in a cube.
Commericals kinda tight, but d@mn.. how many more of these must we see from them?

AS far as Xbox goes, the last commercials I seen from them were the RAW joints. Which THQ paid for.
With all the cheese Microsoft has they should be promoting the sorriest games on their system at the least.:rolleyes:
On this route these will pay da price in the end.

No matter what anyone tell you. TV ad commercials make or brake a console.
Ask my dawgs over at Sega if you wont take Ninja's word for it.:)

UnitedKingdom
04-18-2002, 09:33 AM
Haven't seen any gamecube adverts over here yet, many xbox ones still being shown. And now that they've knocked 35% off the price of xboxs i'm sure they'll keep showing them before nintendo have a chance.

I would ask those dawgs over at sega Ninja, but i think they're cleaning toilets now.

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 12:35 PM
The way I see it... every game commercial with the big flash of an X and a cool sound at the end is an advertisement for XBOX.

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Microsoft is probably concentrating the majority of time getting ready for E3. Just wait and see, pratically everything at E3 will be XBox :)

Ninja Scroll
04-18-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Microsoft is probably concentrating the majority of time getting ready for E3. Just wait and see, pratically everything at E3 will be XBox :)

Dont make excuses for Microsoft waxy. Their is no reason not to run TV ads on television.
Outside of "word of mouth" this is the only way any comapny in any field of business can make money.

Xtopia
04-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Hmmm....until this thread sprung I had never really thought about this. But now that I think about it, I realize I still see the GC advertisements all the time, but I have not seen very many XBox adds. I do know this, XBox and/or GC are not advertised if you are watching the news or any other programs targeted to adults. Turn on the TV for some Sat. cartoons, and I garuntee you will see a ton of vidoe game ads!!