PDA

View Full Version : Blood Wake

DCavalera
04-18-2002, 11:35 AM
I just wanted to ask anyone how good or bad is Blood Wake. I am thinking of buying the game, but I would like to hear some feedback on it first. So let me know what you guys think of the game. Thanks

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by DCavalera
I just wanted to ask anyone how good or bad is Blood Wake. I am thinking of buying the game, but I would like to hear some feedback on it first. So let me know what you guys think of the game. Thanks

Worst game I ever bought. I'm not kidding. I had high expectations with this one, but, it fell very short. Graphically, the water effects are very nice...personally, I like that aspect of it...but the gameplay is so repetitive and the story is about as corny has JJaX's dung :D

Honestly, out of the 11 games I own, Bloodwake was the only disappointment. Sorry for the bad news :(

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

Worst game I ever bought. I'm not kidding. I had high expectations with this one, but, it fell very short. Graphically, the water effects are very nice...personally, I like that aspect of it...but the gameplay is so repetitive and the story is about as corny has JJaX's dung :D

Honestly, out of the 11 games I own, Bloodwake was the only disappointment. Sorry for the bad news :(

Ditto... I beat this game, but it blows. The multiplayer will keep you entertained for about 2 days IF you have a lot of friends to play against. Other than that, this game should be flushed down the crapper. (I traded mine here on XBA for Amped or something, can't remember)

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by FlyBoy

Ditto... I beat this game, but it blows. The multiplayer will keep you entertained for about 2 days IF you have a lot of friends to play against. Other than that, this game should be flushed down the crapper. (I traded mine here on XBA for Amped or something, can't remember)

WOW! Bloodwake for Amped!? Sweet, dude! You scored on that one! :D

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Yeah, Amped rules... especially since I finally took the time to put my own music on about 2 weeks ago. There's nothing like racing in Rallisport or riding the mountain in Amped with the TOP GUN soundtrack to pump you up!:cool: (Plus, I'm a hardcore snowboarder... thats my favorite sport, and the graphics and movement are truly realistic to an actual run down the mountain... they even have my board on there! I have a Ride 172 Mountain Board :) )

I feel the need... the need for SPEED! Owwwww!;)

DCavalera
04-18-2002, 12:00 PM
After all the feedback I got from yo guys, forget it! I'm not going to buy it! Thanks

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 12:02 PM
After all the feedback I got from yo guys, forget it! I'm not going to buy it! Thanks

Yeah...good idea, eventhough, it might sound like news you probably wished you didn't hear. But, I can honestly say that everyone is being dead honest on the matter.

By the way, welcome to the forums! What games do you currently own?

DCavalera
04-18-2002, 12:19 PM
I have like 12 games. Lets see if I can name them off the top of my head:

Halo
Max Payne
Dead or Alive 3
Knock out kings
UFC Tapout
Wreckless The Yokuza Missions
007 (forgot the rest of the title)
NBA Inside Drive
Allstar baseball
NFL Fever
Spy Hunter

and one or two more but I cant remember them. I have been playing the 007 game alot lately.

DCavalera
04-18-2002, 12:21 PM
oh yeah and JSRF

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 12:45 PM
Get Rallisport Challenge or Amped!!

I have 11 games and my top three favorite games I own are Halo, Rallisport Challenge and Amped!!! :D

Xtopia
04-18-2002, 12:53 PM
I never bought Bloodwake, but I rented it....and hated it, just like everybody else.

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 12:59 PM
i have bloodwake, it was good for a while, but now it sucks and i just dont play it anymore. i would recommend jsrf, that game is awesome. silent hill 2 sucks, its not scary at all, the first one was so much scarier, i played silent hill 2 for like an hour, and there was nothing scary about it, and i play silent hill 1 for like 10 min, and i was so scared:D :eek:

DCavalera
04-18-2002, 02:55 PM
well I just want to buy another game, but I want to know which one would be good, well one that I dont have.

JJaX
04-18-2002, 03:09 PM
Go with Rali Sport. Slinging mud around in those cars is almost as fun as JJaX on the bowl after a hardy helping of denti moore stew.

xfan2k2
04-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Bloodwake... I would give it a 7/10
Its is my least favorite agem out of all 10 of my games. But I have had some good times with it. The last few levels are really cool, and the multiplayer is nice to play at the intermissions at my "Halo Fests" or 8 player halo tournaments.

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Get Rallisport Challenge or Amped!!

I have 11 games and my top three favorite games I own are Halo, Rallisport Challenge and Amped!!! :D

Max, I think we have the exact same taste in games... those are my top 3 fav's too.

JJaX
04-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Dam dude! this pic cracks me up

http://www.uglypeople.com/uglymen/section.images/up-men-00289.jpg

xfan2k2
04-18-2002, 03:28 PM
You really think amped was that good? I borrowed it from a friend, Id give it a 78/100.

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by xfan2k2
You really think amped was that good? I borrowed it from a friend, Id give it a 78/100.

Oh man, I do! I love this game! If you haven't seen Amped on an HDTV, you may be missing out! It is, probably, one of the most beautiful games on the XBox, in my opinion! The gameplay is perfect and it's just plain fun! I love that game...highly addicting. I would give Rallisport a slight notch up, though. I love Rallisport Challenge, too! It's arguably the best racing game I have ever played! Personally, I think it blows PGR out of the water from a "fun" standpoint :)

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 03:38 PM
lol, i was playin the demo of rallisport challenge, and i had the best crashes, i was crashin into rocks and going so high and doing all this crazy stuff, they were such awesome crashes:D

xfan2k2
04-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Maybe I will buy Amped.. how much is it now? Still 50$?

xfan2k2
04-18-2002, 03:46 PM
JJax:
Thanks man, I try to post the funniest ugly people!! Glad you feal that!

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by xfan2k2
Maybe I will buy Amped.. how much is it now? Still 50$?

You may be able to purchase a used copy from Electronics Boutique for cheaper. Just an idea :) Or, you could go to www.half.com and order one for a good price from there

DCavalera
04-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Now I want to buy Amped, what is it about again?

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Its about snowboarding

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 04:13 PM
Now I want to buy Amped, what is it about again?

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding is a very cool game. It focusses on Freestyle versus racing. I like to think of it as "Tony Hawk on a Snowboard" because of the focus on freestyle over racing.

At first, I was a little skeptical about buying it as I was hoping there would be a racing mode on the game. But, man, was I wrong! I am so happy I bought this game because of the freestyle focus!

The game is unique in that you have to gain "Media points" as well as "Total points" to progress in the game. "Media points" are simply gained by performing a bad ass trick off of a jump, rail, halfpipe, etc while a camera man is standing there waiting to take your picture. If you perform the trick successfully while the camera man is taking pictures, you will gain media points (it's far less complicated than I am explaining it!! lol :D). Total points are gained from going off any jump, rail, halfpipe and the like and performing them successfully.

When you pass levels, you can increase your jumping ability, speed, switching, rails, and a few other things by gaining "skill points". There are tons of different outfits, gloves, goggles, snowboards, bindings, and so on.

One thing I really love about the game is that it is not redundant. Each level is different and you have a different thing you have to do to pass it. For example, on one level you may be trying to gain media and total points...on another, you have to try to get a Sponser to the point where he is "Amped" (excited) about your run! There is an "emotion bar" on top of the screen that shows the sponser starting from being "bored", then "So so", to "good", to "cool", and then finally "AMPED!!!". You want to finish the course while the Sponsor is "AMPED!!!" :D

Also, there is another mode in which you have to beat our professional Snowboarders. These are real people that truly exist. Basically, you follow the professional Snowboarder and try to beat his/her trick. You can only fail 3 times during the course to pass it.

The game is so awesome and will get anyone that is a fan of Skilling or Snowboarding pumped up when winter arrives! :D

Kraft
04-18-2002, 04:18 PM

The game is so awesome and will get anyone that is a fan of Skilling or Snowboarding pumped up when winter arrives! :D

amen to that. This game is going to keep me going on my winter kick through the summer. You know because of this game I am now planning trips to some of the mountains used in it? lol

DCavalera
04-18-2002, 04:25 PM
I think im going to go buy it today! hehehehe

Alien
04-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Yeah, its a fun game. I enjoy it, its a load of fun, and its not too hard, but not too easy either.