PDA

View Full Version : Free Games...no joke!!!!!

CodeMonkey
04-18-2002, 12:17 PM
For the people who live these countries, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Switzerland, Austria, Ireland

You will be pleased to know that if u have purchased an Xbox u can get 2 free games from the list and a free control pad due to Microsoft £100 drop in price from the 26 of April

For more info on this go to
http://www.xbox.com/uk/news/0025.htm

if u have already heard about this then sorry for the repost…this is top news…….
Made my day
:D

Peter1979
04-18-2002, 12:18 PM
This makes me a happy xbox owner :)

cheers !

dave_m123
04-18-2002, 12:20 PM
This is very good news indeed.

CodeMonkey
04-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Most people know about this news then?

With this price cut, there is going to be some good console blood flying around

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 01:02 PM
i dont live in the uk, can i say that i bought my xbox in the uk, then very recently moved to the us?

CodeMonkey
04-18-2002, 01:03 PM
LOL give it a shot........

They don’t ask for the receipt or anything just the serial number and where u got it from..

dave_m123
04-18-2002, 01:03 PM
LOL they track your serial number to were you purchased it from :).

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 01:08 PM
whats your serial number???:D

CodeMonkey
04-18-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
whats your serial number???:D

336k0NY0URB1K3

dave_m123
04-18-2002, 01:11 PM
My serial number? its an 8 or 9 digit number :D

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

336k0NY0URB1K3

i dont get the 336k part, the rest is onyourbike:D

Rancey
04-18-2002, 01:20 PM
Wouldn't work Snoop :) This is also the case for Australia...I wouldn't call them free games, just compensation for being a loyal customer and buying it early :)

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 01:23 PM
well, im a loyal customer, and i bought my xbox the day it came out, i deserve something:D

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 01:29 PM
lol@Snoopy!

Well, congrats for our European XBA comrades! I know this is a great thing for the people who bought their XBoxes before April 26th as they, probably, weren't expecting it as none of us were either in North America!

I'm not jealous at all...I just wish you all the best!! :)

E-Xbox
04-18-2002, 02:27 PM
m$ really knows how to treat its customers...
cept us north americans..
oh well..

peace

Frostberg
04-18-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Wouldn't work Snoop :) This is also the case for Australia...I wouldn't call them free games, just compensation for being a loyal customer and buying it early :)

I dont think you can say that without adding "lucky )(^(%(%^(^$*$*%$*$(&)(&$)R )&_^_* (choice words)"

I bought mine the first 11 minutes it was out...wheres my free games...bah! Their price is going down $143.68 US...they do lose a few bucks...but the people in the US get ripped off because the price stays the same...hopefully the people here will get angry and MS will be forced to at least give us all a free game...or a discount even!

Halo of Flies
04-18-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

people in the US get ripped off because the price stays the same...hopefully the people here will get angry and MS will be forced to at least give us all a free game...or a discount even!
The price in the UK is coming down to two hundred pounds which is roughly equivalent to three hundred dollars so it's not you getting ripped off - it's us NOT getting ripped off for once!

Frostberg
04-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies

The price in the UK is coming down to two hundred pounds which is roughly equivalent to three hundred dollars so it's not you getting ripped off - it's us NOT getting ripped off for once!
Its not my fault your Xbox started out at $429 for some reason...but still...knowing we both paid retail and you get free games annoys me...its like MS didint think the price was high or something...they must think everyone there is rich or something...I still want a free game though, lol

Halo of Flies
04-18-2002, 10:00 PM
We always get stung on prices of consoles and games but Microsoft feels it has to reduce the price 'cos they aren't meeting targets. I think it's a good move and wasn't expecting it until the run-up to christmas but it puts the XBox in line with the PS2 for the time being (how long before Sony react though).

I think the free games are only fair as the XBox was only launched last month over here and without this offer all the early adopters would be very p*ssed off. When you're not selling enough units the last thing you wanna do is alienate your user-base.

I'm pretty sure the PS2 will drop to at least 160 pounds soon but the new priced XBox will start to catch up a little now... and with GC just around the corner Sony must be sweating. :D

UnitedKingdom
04-19-2002, 05:31 AM
In the US you got the xbox ages ago, paid much less for it and you currently have a much bigger game selection.
Over here it came out last month, cost around $150 dollars more and we've only got about 25 games to chose from.
Just because we paid the retail price doesn't mean it was fair, i personally think we got well ripped off and this is justice!:cool: :cool:

Halo of Flies
04-19-2002, 05:44 AM
Hey 'UnitedKingdom', we're practically neighbours - I'm from Barnsley! :)

Rancey
04-19-2002, 05:45 AM

I dont think you can say that without adding "lucky )(^(%(%^(^$*$*%$*$(&)(&$)R )&_^_* (choice words)"

I bought mine the first 11 minutes it was out...wheres my free games...bah! Their price is going down $143.68 US...they do lose a few bucks...but the people in the US get ripped off because the price stays the same...hopefully the people here will get angry and MS will be forced to at least give us all a free game...or a discount even!

I don't think the people in US get ripped off, I think being able to play it for 4months before Europe and Australia is as good as 2 games....that's a personal opinion though.

E-Vader
04-19-2002, 05:52 AM
Posted by Jason-XBA

I don't think the people in US get ripped off, I think being able to play it for 4months before Europe and Australia is as good as 2 games....that's a personal opinion though.

Aint that tha truth.

Blood Omen II was suposed ta come out today and still nuthin.:mad:

Frostberg
04-19-2002, 03:01 PM
Well, MS is an american company...the US used to get ripped off when the Japs ruled everything and everything came out in Japan like a year before the US...

Rancey
04-20-2002, 04:27 AM
Well, MS is an american company...the US used to get ripped off when the Japs ruled everything and everything came out in Japan like a year before the US...

Well until a company from Australia or Europe comes out with a console, we will be, and always will be forced to wait longer...Japanese consoles still come out in US before Aus & Europe...I mean the GameCube doesn't come out here till May!

Afro Aura
04-20-2002, 06:33 AM
OOOOYYY!!!
you lot stop your bickering we've got our XBOXs who cares what wrong or right I mean over here (UK) our games are still more expensive that yours and you should be lucky that a machine so powerful came from your country (US) and there is a hope in hell chance that Sony and Nindendo are gonna be able to get any were near the quality of software coming onto this machine

So come on chill:cool:

Snoopy7548
04-20-2002, 07:40 AM
lol, sucks for you!:D

Halo of Flies
04-20-2002, 07:52 AM
I've added an extra sig to celebrate this news! :D

Afro Aura
04-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
lol, sucks for you!:D
Yeah but I'm not too upset about, Halo, RSC, JSRF, Gun Valkyrie, Dead of Alive 3 (OK it's damn pretty) and others, so yeah I dont mind about paying a bit more for the games their worth it:D

Frostberg
04-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA

I mean the GameCube doesn't come out here till May!
Your not missing much...:D

monkeyman
04-20-2002, 04:50 PM
dang i wish we had that deal