PDA

View Full Version : The Characters of Hunter: The Reckoning

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Characters are rated by five stats. At the start of the game, these stats are low, but can be raised through superior gameplay. Here are the stats and what they mean:
Strength - Measures the power of your attack

Accuracy - How accurate you are with ranged weapons

Speed - How quick and nimble you are on your feet.

Conviction - Your edge draws from your conviction. The higher the conviction, the more edge you can use.

Stamina - These are your hit points. The better the rating, the harder you are to kill.

Deuce Wyatt: Avenger
Starting weapons: Axe, rifle
Deuce is one baaaaad mothah. His giant axe is a zombie cleaver, and with the use of the "edge", the axe becomes a fiery weapon. Deuce is the fighter, there to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And you know this guy is all out of bubble gum.
Strength: 3
Accuracy: 2
Speed: 1
Conviction: 1
Stamina: 2

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/hunterdeuce.jpg

Samantha Alexander: Defender
Starting weapons: Katana, revolver

This beauty is the most balanced from the start of the game. A cop, she swings her katana with deadly precision. Her revolver isn't that powerful, so you'll want to pick up the shotgun as soon as possible.
Strength: 2.5
Accuracy: 3
Speed: 3
Conviction: 2.5

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/hunterdefender.jpg

Father Estaban Cortez: Judge
Starting weapons: Cross-sword, crossbow
The preacher is about to put the smack down on evil. Father Estaban is a no holds barred man of the cloth. His crossbow is a little weak, but he more than makes up for it with his edge. In the world of Gauntlet, Estaban would be the magic-user.
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Conviction: 4
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/hunterfather.jpg

Kassandra Cheyung: Martyr
Staring weapons: Double-daggers, double-fisted pistols
This raver must have a love of John Woo movies. The fastest character, she slashes at the undead with two daggers and fires away with double-fisted pistols.
Strength: 2
Speed: 4
Conviction: 3
Stamina: 1.5
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/huntermartyr.jpg

OppiumNitrates
04-18-2002, 01:23 PM
lookin foward to this game huh, faceoff??

i saw the preview on an XOM disk and read an article or two not impressed
what do u see in it??

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 01:25 PM
Why are you not impressed with this game. Its one of the most anticapated game of the spring.

OppiumNitrates
04-18-2002, 01:29 PM
i dunno dude it just dont float my boat . . . maybe what i saw and read wasnt the high point of the game. . . . if its so great sell me on it

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 01:30 PM
then what games do you like?:(

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 01:35 PM
I'm seriously pumped up for this game! My buddies and I love to play multi-player games...and we've been playing Halo on-line for a long time now. It never gets old!

But, with this game, there is plenty of blood and gore with 4 player cooperative play on the same screen (no split screens)!! I am a huge fan of Gauntlet and, so far, this game seems to put it to shame! This is one very highly anticipated games for me! :)

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Me too, but I am confused about the release date. When is it? every site I go to has a diffrent release dates. Can you tell me when is it being released?;)

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Me too, but I am confused about the release date. When is it? every site I go to has a diffrent release dates. Can you tell me when is it being released?;)

May 21st - confirmed. TeamXBox reported that Hunter: The Reckoning went "Gold" which means that they have a confirmed due date. The game will go "Platinum" on May 21st which means that it will be available for purchase :)

OppiumNitrates
04-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
then what games do you like?:(

Xbox ones. . .

j/k

RPGs
FPSs
action/adventue
anything really

and i loved gauntlet

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 01:47 PM
May 21st - confirmed. TeamXBox reported that Hunter: The Reckoning went "Gold" which means that they have a confirmed due date. The game will go "Platinum" on May 21st which means that it will be available for purchase

Thanks!:p :) :cool:

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

Xbox ones. . .

j/k

RPGs
FPSs
action/adventue
anything really

and i loved gauntlet

If you loved Gauntlet, then, you should really love Hunter: The Reckoning. This game features 4 player cooperative multi-player on the same screen. It's the combination of an Action game that has *some* RPG elements. The main difference between Gauntlet and Hunter's style of play is that the "camera" zooms in and out depending on the location of each of the four characters. It can go very close to very far away.

Also, there is tons of blood and gore if you are into that (I am!! :D). In addition, each character will feature different skill sets that compliment eachother, whereas Gauntlet uses pretty much the same wizards that have similar abilities. Hunter already has an amazing storyline to it and the streaming videos of this game have just been jaw dropping! This game should really be a major hit! :)

OppiumNitrates
04-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

If you loved Gauntlet, then, you should really love Hunter: The Reckoning. This game features 4 player cooperative multi-player on the same screen. It's the combination of an Action game that has *some* RPG elements. The main difference between Gauntlet and Hunter's style of play is that the "camera" zooms in and out depending on the location of each of the four characters. It can go very close to very far away.

Also, there is tons of blood and gore if you are into that (I am!! :D). In addition, each character will feature different skill sets that compliment eachother, whereas Gauntlet uses pretty much the same wizards that have similar abilities. Hunter already has an amazing storyline to it and the streaming videos of this game have just been jaw dropping! This game should really be a major hit! :)

now the article didnt say it like that. . . from that it sounds pretty interesting. . . although since it comes out may 21st i wont have much time to play it cauz by then ill only be 6 days into my Morrowind quest, maybe ill rent with a frined or two

04-18-2002, 04:06 PM
Have any of you been to Teamxbox's Ofiicial Hunter: The Reckoning forum? It's really cool, they have two devs that talk to you and answer your questions. ummmm.....oh yeah CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GAME!!!!

DZNUTZ
04-18-2002, 04:38 PM
hey guests...since u seemed to have chatted w/ the developers..maybe u could fill us in on some features that we might not have read in articles yet? ie...cheat menus? minigames? special extras?