PDA

View Full Version : Xbox displays

CyberBOMB
09-18-2001, 07:47 PM
I have just come in from working at Toys R Us where i work in the R Zone (video game area). Microsoft paid us a visit today and set up major displays. I dont just mean posters and crap like that. Im taking about full glass displays AND...... an entire xbox shell to look at!!!!! Yes thats right. i was actually playing with the shell of the system. This thing will be huge, at my Toys R Us we have already 150 people interested in the Xbox. This number is sure to grow as people see these new displays. The only bad thing is the Gotham Street Racing box shows the twin towers (World Trade Center). Though it was not Microsofts official position to have those displays removed it was highly suggested by the display installers to cover the top right most portion of the Gotham Street Racing box art. Im a little mad that we didnt recieve "freebies" of any kind though. And personally i thought it was both a cooincidence and funny that the microsoft display installers placed their trash (ie empty boxes and such) in the playstation 2 demo area as well as the Playstation 2 accessories area. Leaving the store early today i noticed that there was about 40x more eye candy on the xbox area that we currently separated which was again cooincidentally right next to the Playstation 2 area. God Bless The Xbox. woowoo.

On a more personal note being supremely excited about the xbox myself i can say that even though im a man's man (a real man) i must say that watching those installers walk in with boxes 5-7 feet tall bearing the gigantic logo of the Xbox nearly brought tears to my eyes. As well as when they brought out the display system.

Badlittlemonkey
09-18-2001, 07:49 PM
was the xbox shell like the debug
like u can go to options and that but it cant have games in it right?

CyberBOMB
09-18-2001, 07:53 PM
no, it was just the outer shell of the system. it was not playable at all. its basically so you can touch the system and see that glock paint they used and see the size of it (which is huge, but, when you think about it would you want something you paid $300 for to be small?)

Badlittlemonkey
09-18-2001, 08:02 PM
oh cuz at ign.com they got an xbox that is unable to play games but it shows the starting screen and that