PDA

View Full Version : various xbox news/rumors

DZNUTZ
04-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Tekki Speaks its Mind.- As if the Controller for Capcom’s Mech simulator wasn’t complex enough it will also make use of the Xbox Game Commander. Apparently there is a slot in the back of the controller’s middle panel where the unit goes. The Game commander will be used to issue radio commands to your in-game teammates and support forces. The addition of the Game Commander will further Capcom’s goal of making Tekki the most realistic Mech game ever.
The Hedgehog’s Take- Go check Gamespot for a full skinny on how the game will control when it ships!

The Fastest Hands in the East, Meets the Biggest Box in the West!- Bruce Lee may not being the only martial arts legend that Universal will grace the box with. Apparently a beat em up staring the drunken master Jackie Chan. The game is still in the earliest stages, and whether we will even see it come E3 is still unclear. Still, with his humor and endearing personality Jackie Chan will probably be the most lovable ass-kicking human war-machine ever to grace a console.
The Hedgehog’s Take- Please no Chris Tucker, Please no Chris Tucker, Please no Chris Tucker!

Screw the Matrix, The Xbox Has YOU! - Want a little information on Interplay Matrix Video game? Of course you do, that’s what I’m here for. The game apparently will be more based off the sequel than the original, which may explain why we have yet to see it. You’ll play as NEO in a game engine that will try to blend elements of Metal Gear Solid, Virtua Fighter, and HALO all into one. Ambitious, especially when you consider that we still don’t know how much of the game will take place in the Matrix and how much will be in the Real World.
The Hedgehog’s Take-Sounds killer but at this rate the sequel will be out before the game!

Sega’s Arcade Board ready to Rumble- If it wasn’t for Microsoft’s apparent information clampdown. We would have seen the Sega/ Xbox arcade board at the Game Jam 2 event a few weeks ago. SOA President Peter Moore even went on record to say that the Xbox arcade board was many times more powerful than the Gamecube’s Triforce board. While specific numbers were not given, the Xbox board, which may or may not be named “Tron” is roughly five times more powerful. In any case the board will be revealed at E3, hopefully with the long rumored Outrun 2.
The Hedgehog’s Take- Hopefully, the Xbox Arcade units will be linked to Xbox Live as well.

HALO, The Saga Continues- You gotta know that Bungie’s cooking up something for the Masterchief to blow us away with at E3, and it just might be the sequel. I received this fragment in an anonymous email earlier this week. Keep in mind this could be an excerpt right from Joe Stratton’s desk, or from the mind of some overly obsessed fanboy! Normally, I would have just dismissed it as garbage, but it fits with some other rumors I’ve heard around the web. Is this the backstory for the long awaited HALO II? You be the judge.

“Over a decade of bitter war with the Covenant Aliens has reduced the once vast Terran Confederation to rubble. Dozens of colonies have been destroyed, billions of lives have been lost, and all hope for victory has vanished. With the genocidal aliens practically upon Earth’s doorstep, the UNSC decides on one final gamble. Under the advisement of Cortana, and after precious months of searching ONI believes they have located another of the derelict alien HALO’s. Led by the Masterchief, the only soldier to ever set foot on one of these artificial worlds, the remnants of the UNSC fleet depart for the new HALO. Their mission: seize control of the ring and use its awesome firepower to wipeout the covenant scourge once and for all. However, Cortana, the Chief and the entire human race will soon learn that there is more to these Fortress Worlds and the race that built them they could ever imagine.”

Snoopy7548
04-18-2002, 03:08 PM
the halo sequel seems pretty cool, but it sounds like the story is gonna be like the first one, kind of, and i thought that halo would like destroy everything within a huge radius, so if they were afraid to use it the first time, why would they use it this time?

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Wow good find!!!

DZNUTZ
04-18-2002, 03:19 PM
thanx!! thats what i'm here for!:) the only thing that seemed fishy about the halo piece though was them using the name oni , which i'm pretty sure was another bungie title on pc and ps2 that i heard wasn't to good. i'm not sho if they'd reuse a name like that...seems semi unoriginal.

FaTBoi702
04-18-2002, 03:52 PM
the sega arcade board? is this something we will have to buy then tear apart our xbox to put in?

mtbaird5687
04-18-2002, 04:33 PM
hey man give credit where credit is due the site is http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpElAkZEykSUbuWdjq

the author is hedgehogboy. i dont know his real name. you should prob post a link next time

DZNUTZ
04-18-2002, 04:44 PM
WHOA....hold down their tuff guy......I always post links...when their are pictures! and usually do anyway..and btw....how many times do u see hedgehogs name listed in the article?!?!? aight then thats what i thought...so F u very much...and g'day to U

I SAID G'DAY!!!

mtbaird5687
04-18-2002, 05:43 PM
whoa nelley. sorry man. i moderate over there and just wanted to make sure people knew what site this came. if i got a news story from here i would put were i got it. especially if it wasnt news, more of an editorial type thing.

well ok im sorry for the trouble if caused you

DZNUTZ
04-18-2002, 05:50 PM
np man.. i'm didn't wanna come off as an ashhole..but it kinda seemed like u insinuated that i go around stealing other peoples stuff w/out giving credit due...i understand your position and relationship w/xbox365 and respect it...oviously i visit the site or i wouldn't have read/copied/pasted the article...anyways... sorry i forgot to post the link (u can check my VARIOUS other threads and see it was a rarity). also..welcome to XBA.:)

E-Xbox
04-18-2002, 06:44 PM
i already cant wait for halo 2!

peace

Twisted J
04-18-2002, 06:58 PM
i guess i dont post alot cuz i dont like to read long posts :eek:
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!