PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of WHACKED! ?

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 05:39 PM
To me, this game is looking better and better. Now, I'm one of the first to admit that I am not into "kiddie" games, however, this game presents such a unique flavor of comical characters mixed with adult humor that it may be hard to pass up! Similar to how Outlaw Golf presents an intriguing level of satire :)

Anyway, this game will have a regular mode (similar to Halo's "Campaign" mode), however, it appears that it won't be cooperative....just one player. However, this game has an extensive multi-player function to it. In addition, this game will be one of the few first on-line games to take advantage of Microsoft's new on-line network this Summer. Of course, I can't forget to mention that this game is System Link capable :D

There will be 8 different characters to choose from and about 40 different weapons. There will be modes in mutli-player such as "King of the Hill" in which the "Hill" will move to different areas (similar to Halo's "Crazy King"), also "Grab N' Run" in which you have to carry a trophy for a set amount of time (Similar to Halo's "Oddball" which is nothing more than graphical "Smear the queer" :D), Fragfest (basic deathmatch), Dodgeball, and Chicken. This seems like a tasteful combination of a party/action game.

Each level will have additional ways to kill your opponents. One of them I was reading about has the setting in a kitchen in which you can throw your opponent into the garbage disposal and flip the switch and grind them up to oblivian :D hehe

Anyway, here are some screenies! Tell me what you guys think!

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/020602/whacked_screen001.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/020602/whacked_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/020602/whacked_screen003.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/020602/whacked_screen004.jpg

DZNUTZ
04-18-2002, 05:44 PM
this is one of those types of games that is probably eithier gonna be a huge hit or a total miss...people say this all the time...but IMO this is deffinately on of those "wait and see" games!

E-Xbox
04-18-2002, 05:44 PM
right now...
i juss have it as a possible rental..
after i see more..
i will decide...

they got some funny lookin characters tho!

peace

mtbaird5687
04-18-2002, 05:45 PM
yah i think itll be a unique game. also a unique online experience

l Maximus l
04-18-2002, 05:46 PM
I like the sign in the second picture that says "RUN LIKE HELL WHEN LIT" :D hehe

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 05:47 PM
This game is still not impressing me! Its release will be in October, by then I would be to busy playing the other great games that are coming around that time.

Whacked! will feature fast and furious combat in which eight demented contestants are pitted against each other in the world's most irreverent and dangerous game show. When contestants take the stage, all hell breaks loose as free-for-all combat ensues. Contestants must use power-ups and zany weapons such as giant staplers and rubber ducky grenades to flatten their opponents to win a grand prize that's out of this world.- from the Microsoft site

E-Xbox
04-18-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I like the sign in the second picture that says "RUN LIKE HELL WHEN LIT" :D hehe

hehe..yea man..
i was laughing at that too..

peace

Xtopia
04-18-2002, 06:01 PM
Hmm...looks kinda cool. OXM had something about this game a month or two ago. I did not know that it had multiplayer support....I will probably buy it just for that!:)

dougi3000
04-18-2002, 06:17 PM
looks awesome.
I love goofy games like these.

i didnt know "hell" runs?
:P

E-Xbox
04-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
looks awesome.
I love goofy games like these.

i didnt know "hell" runs?
:P

or how "hell" would run

peace

Twisted J
04-18-2002, 07:05 PM
it looks like an oddworld type deal

Hugh_Jass
04-18-2002, 09:33 PM
If it's anything like Oddworld the it's a must-buy.

sinizuh
04-18-2002, 11:30 PM
Lame.

UnitedKingdom
04-19-2002, 04:44 AM
More like oddworld vs smash tv

SkoalMint
04-19-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
Fuzion Frenzy done right. :D

My thoughts exactly. My wife loves Fuzion so I have to play it occasionally to get in my Halo time. Hopefully this will be one that we can both enjoy.

Bundy
04-19-2002, 11:59 AM
this game doesn't look that good, and there will be too many other good/great games that are coming out by then.

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Bundy
this game doesn't look that good, and there will be too many other good/great games that are coming out by then.

You know, that's a great point since this game is going to be competing with Unreal Championship for on-line gaming. However, WHACKED! might be a great game, too, since it will take advantage of Microsoft's on-line network...also, of course, it's system link capable...

This is definately one of those games that I would like to play before I make a final judgement on. One thing is for sure, I don't want to completely pass it up! :)

Bundy
04-19-2002, 12:16 PM
between ghost recon, fever, and uc, i don't think whacked has a chance to win me over in the online battle.

Carnage
04-19-2002, 09:30 PM
From the screenies, this sorta reminded me of a Mario Party type game. and although they dont normally have an extreme amount of depth to them, they can still be a great game to have for parties, etc.

Ill probably rent this game to see what kind of replayablity it has