PDA

View Full Version : Cd Tray

CodeMonkey
04-18-2002, 06:46 PM
Now I’ve looked but cant find anything on the Xbox dashboard, but is there a way to stop the cd try from opening every time the machine is switched on? May sound picky but it sometimes bugs me, even if a game is in, still does it….

One other thing, anyone know the like expectancy of the rumble packs inside the control, cos I mean I’m getting RSI from the force, and 1 day I’m like thinking I will here a hiss, a little bang followed by a puff of smoke……..
:D :D

Twisted J
04-18-2002, 06:56 PM
uh, your cd tray pops out everytime you turn it on?? are you sure your not pushing the big button??
if you push the big button the cd tray will open, if you press the small one it shouldnt........

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Twisted J
uh, your cd tray pops out everytime you turn it on?? are you sure your not pushing the big button??
if you push the big button the cd tray will open, if you press the small one it shouldnt........

Right... the small button is POWER, the big button will turn on the XBOX but it is the EJECT. If yours opens when you hit the small button, there's prob something wrong w/it.:confused:

kornavs19
04-18-2002, 07:41 PM
yea that shouldnt happen if u press the small button. And i have no idea how long the life expectancy is for the rumble.good question. i hope 4 a while

Frostberg
04-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Well thats prolly the easiest question anyone has asked...maybe you didnt see 2 buttons...or know what the universal eject sign is...lol thats pretty funny!

As for rumble packs, they work like magnents and pretty much propel themselves...there is no reason for them to stop working, unless the lubricant magically vanishes and it might squeak as it turns...but it should never break. If somehow it is because its defective, Wal-Mart will take anything back!

CodeMonkey
04-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Well thats prolly the easiest question anyone has asked...maybe you didnt see 2 buttons...or know what the universal eject sign is...lol thats pretty funny!

Umm, yeah i know what the eject button is, no need to get fly, and its not that im using. its the small 1, so i guess from what u ppl have said, sounds like a problem..
i will give them a ring 2mos
oh but thanks for the info in the rumble...easy to be nice,

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Umm, yeah i know what the eject button is, no need to get fly, and its not that im using. its the small 1, so i guess from what u ppl have said, sounds like a problem..
i will give them a ring 2mos
oh but thanks for the info in the rumble...easy to be nice,

Noone was being mean Code... stupider questions have been asked, its easily possible that someone thought the eject button was the power button. Don't take it to offense, and good luck gettin' that puppy fixed.

BTW, I've taken apart one of my controllers to clean it out after a friend spilled beer in it... those rumbles don't look like they'll be having any problems anytime soon. ;)

WynnFire
04-18-2002, 10:33 PM
Unless you drive over the controller in a car or something, then I think the rumble feature will work for a long time. The controllers are almost built like tanks. I have a wooden floor in my room and the rest of the house is carpeted (damn't!). I have three controllers, one has been battered, dropped, jumped on, etc... Friends got a little carried away when I repeatedly kicked their butts in Halo Deathmatches. Anyway, the controller and the rumble feature have not stopped working through all the abuse that it has received since Dec. 23rd, 2001.

FlyBoy
04-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by WynnFire
Unless you drive over the controller in a car or something, then I think the rumble feature will work for a long time. The controllers are almost built like tanks. I have a wooden floor in my room and the rest of the house is carpeted (damn't!). I have three controllers, one has been battered, dropped, jumped on, etc... Friends got a little carried away when I repeatedly kicked their butts in Halo Deathmatches. Anyway, the controller and the rumble feature have not stopped working through all the abuse that it has received since Dec. 23rd, 2001.

Yeah I've had a tendency to throw my controllers as of late.:confused: Rallisport Unlimited level races are getting inside my head and freakin' me out man!:eek:

DIGITAL
04-19-2002, 12:47 AM
thats the funniest thing i heard ,but i made the same mistake with the buttons a month after nov 15,until my little bro showed me the small one was power,an as far as the contollers go i all ready have a broken one the toggle broke ,from my friends slamming on it playing raw,im not sure if it was the game or my friend,but i treat my xbox like a babv so it wasnt me,once again dont feel dumb for this thread or lie an say it was the small button pushing out the tray!

UnitedKingdom
04-19-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
Unless you drive over the controller in a car or something

I was taking my machine to a friends house and accidently trapped my controller in the car door. After a few miles i got a bit concerned with a loud knocking noise so i pulled up and found the controller had been dragging along the road.
It lost a few pieces but still works!:D

GokuX
04-19-2002, 05:16 AM
I've just been using the eject button to turn it on.

azmodan
04-19-2002, 10:19 AM
yeah me too... but are you supposed to turn it on then press the eject buttonand put in the cd or it doesnt matta?

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by azmodan
yeah me too... but are you supposed to turn it on then press the eject buttonand put in the cd or it doesnt matta?

No...it doesn't really matter :) I usually use the eject button to turn mine on and off because I'm one of those people that prefers to take out the game disc after I'm finished playing. So, whenever I turn it on the next day, there is no disc in there and that's mainly the reason why I use the eject button to turn in on. Makes sense :D

LINKINPARK8591
04-19-2002, 11:34 AM
like others have posted

http://www.sweet-misery.com/michellebranch/images/108.jpg :cool: :eek:http://fan.quasi-evil.com/mb/gallery/mb18.jpghttp://fan.quasi-evil.com/mb/yellow/mbtop.jpg

DZNUTZ
04-19-2002, 12:04 PM
hey max...ya can't turn off your xbox using the eject button;)

lol..yea i know..i'm a smart ash...but its better then being a dumb ash right?