PDA

View Full Version : Halo multiplayer weapons

Veno
04-18-2002, 08:26 PM
What weapon do you guys use most in multiplayer? I find that the pistol is the best for me, i can get a 2 second kill in 3 nicely put headshots or close to that. The other weapon of course is the sniper rifle, but everyone uses that like hell. Reply with what you use most.

faceoff508
04-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Welcome to XBA Veno! The weapon i use the most is the Sniper rifle and the rocket launcher. They kill instantly! :cool: :D

~nVidia~
04-18-2002, 08:35 PM
Welcome and my fav. weapons are Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, and Shotgun. And who can forget the grenades!!!

Laxeph
04-18-2002, 08:49 PM
I like to use the pistol and either the rocket launcher or the sniper rifle, but the main weapon I use is gernades. Nothin like sneaking up behind some one and stickin a plasma on their back. MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Veno
04-18-2002, 09:00 PM
Grenades? geeze, what are you guys talking about, sure you can use them against vehicles , but use them constantly against others on the ground? That's insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade, I still say that no gun compares to the pistol in multiplayer, i've found the perfect way to use it. In my 16 player friday system link parties I always have atleast twice as many kills as the next guy.

JJaX
04-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Grenades? geeze, what are you guys talking about, sure you can use them against vehicles , but use them constantly against others on the ground? That's insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade, I still say that no gun compares to the pistol in multiplayer, i've found the perfect way to use it. In my 16 player friday system link parties I always have atleast twice as many kills as the next guy.

Bwhahaha so young and ignorant. If you know how to use grenades wisley you only need one pistol shot to take someone down ;)

And your racking up mad kills becasue you got all these noobs running around with there assault rifles and getting capped buy your pistol before they can even get withen effective range (isnt that cute?). Yes we all know this, Or we all should know this.

But please, For the sake of you not looking like a dumb ass. Dont say grenades are "insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade"

Because a good halo marine always uses his grenades.

By the way, Welcome to the boards........rookie.

OppiumNitrates
04-19-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Grenades? geeze, what are you guys talking about, sure you can use them against vehicles , but use them constantly against others on the ground? That's insane and idiotic, too slow to prepare each grenade,

grenades he the best weapons. . . .
a well placed grenade can (kill, mame, destroy, blow to bits) multiple players
a well aimed gun needs multipe shots to achive 1 kill

although the pistol is the best gun

JJzX u silly s.o.b. thats the funniest dam sig EVER period

Plewis
04-19-2002, 11:06 AM
plasma rifle... pistol then grenades. but is anyone else disturbed by how long that squirrels tail is... its so fricken long

OppiumNitrates
04-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
plasma rifle... pistol then grenades. but is anyone else disturbed by how long that squirrels tail is... its so fricken long

im just disturbed by the image

DZNUTZ
04-19-2002, 11:17 AM
umm...probably pistol and plasma grenade...i don't really know...a good soldier will make use of whateva he has available and still come out triumphit!!!;)

silvertrace
04-19-2002, 11:29 AM
easily the pistol.............any true halo master will tell u that its the most powerful weapon in the game(besides the rl)...............

and if u disagree u don't know what ur talking about........

welcome to the best xbox site on the web veno........:cool:

JJaX
04-19-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by prominant
Shotgun - just as powerful as the pistol....two close range shots can kill any player

Anyway you look at it.....a EXCELLENT halo player can use ANY weapon to their advantage to kill another player....dont underestimate the plasma rifle or pistol.....or the assault rifle or any other gun.

1 close range shot can kill any player. Aim for the face. ;)

And yes, an EXCELLENT player is effective with any gun. Even the needler :D

OppiumNitrates
04-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

. Even the needler :D

Dude the needler when used right is a very leathal weapon since it has a delay on the damage it inflicts you can shoot and hide and while ur reloading the dude u shot starts loosing life. . .very effective for gorilla warfare

Xtopia
04-19-2002, 01:17 PM
My favorite gun by far is the pistol!!! Then I normally go for a rocket launcher...and if that is not available I'll take a shotgun.
I use the frags more than plasma grenades. If I dont have a frag in my hand, I become much less effective. Anybody who has played Halo for more than 5 min. knows that grenades are extrememely effective, and like JJaX said...it is hard to rack up serious killz w/out em!

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Well, to me, each level has their advantages with certain weapons.

The Pistol, by far, is the most versatile weapon of them all. Great for relatively long range, mid-range, and even close range if you're good. Three head shots = death.

The Shotgun - great for short range and even mid range with the assistance of a yummy grenade :D

Rapid Plasma gun is great for medium to close shots follow up with a melee attack ---- BLAP!!:( ........:confused:

Sniper Rifle - great for long distances. I've nearly perfected head shots on the run with my viewing speed at 6...so watch out! :D

Rifle (Machine Gun) - great for close to medium range.

Rocket Launcher - Amazing for mid and relatively far range. Also for close range with the assistance of a jump (though, jumping while shooting in Medium Range is nice, too - no need for any grenade assistance....okay...maybe a couple wouldn't hurt just for fun fun fun :D)

The Plasma gun (the one that charges up) simply sucks, however, it's good if you have another weapons. Simply fire with a full charge to blast off the shield followed up with a single pistol or shotgun shot. Though, grenades are preferred - the opponent sees more air this way :D)

I, rarely, use the Needler, which can be very effective, unless I'm several kills ahead of my opponent or opponents.

All in all, grenades are extremely important. Often times, newbies forget about them later to find themselves being blown away by a few.

Xtopia
04-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Sniper Rifle - great for long distances. I've nearly perfected head shots on the run with my viewing speed at 6...so watch out!

What do you mean "viewing speed at 6..."?? Is that your controller sensitivity? That is pretty sensetive, is it not?? I have left my controller sensetivity at default...although I am considering turning it up a notch or two.

Veno
04-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Maybe I just played with newbies, my friends all own xboxes, and none of them truely are skillful, basically they just use shotgun, rifle, and grenades at random. I've also found that aiming at head level and strafing back and forth to get the shots off is a LOT more effective then trying to aim perfectly while you're both moving, too awkward.:confused:

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by xtopia

What do you mean "viewing speed at 6..."?? Is that your controller sensitivity? That is pretty sensetive, is it not?? I have left my controller sensetivity at default...although I am considering turning it up a notch or two.

I strongly recommend turning it up a notch or two and getting used to it. The advantage is primarily for close in battles. Often times, people run around in circles while close in trying to kill eachother. With my view on "6", I rarely to never lose a close in battle even if the opponent has a shotgun and all I have is a needler or something :D

Xtopia
04-19-2002, 02:27 PM
Cool, I'll try it. I believe I have mine set at four. I'll check when I get home.

Dag78
04-19-2002, 03:15 PM
my favorites depend on what style but i usually carry

sniper or pistol- i like having a pick off gun

plasma or assault rifle or needler- i like having one auto weapon

or i will just blow people away with grenades and rockets

JJaX
04-19-2002, 03:32 PM
assault rifle: good for long distance to burst a few rounds to reset there shield charge timer. And good against medium range shotgun wielders

Shotgun: Good for up close, aim for the face. Also try getting a point blank shot combined with a melee attack. (2 for 1 deal here)

Pistol: Most versetile, after you snipe someone and you dont get the head shot, finish em off with the pistol. Very effective up to great distances. (duh)

Sniper: What else can i say? Dont use up close

Rocket: great for taking out campers and always jump then fire

plasma rifle: Shoot and work your way towards them for the melee attack

plasma pistol: keep charged and sneak up to knock out there shields. Finish em off with a melee or some rapid fire

frag grenades: Learn to be effective with these at any range and against people chasing you. You will own.

Plasma grendes: delyed explosion, good for trying to escape a bad scene. Works nice with plasma rifle, keep em stunned and stick em

needler: try to get behind em. Roll a frag grenade by them, unleash hell and enjoy the show.

Peace.

Snoopy7548
04-19-2002, 03:36 PM
i wreck house with the pistol, ive gotten so much better with it, i think it might be my new fav weapon in halo, i use it all the time, i rarely switch from it, cause it has really good accuracy, i think that from big distances, the assualt rifle sucks, the bullets spread way too much. its only good for close up fighting, but i still prefer the pistol, and the plasma grenades:D

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i wreck house with the pistol, ive gotten so much better with it, i think it might be my new fav weapon in halo, i use it all the time, i rarely switch from it, cause it has really good accuracy, i think that from big distances, the assualt rifle sucks, the bullets spread way too much. its only good for close up fighting, but i still prefer the pistol, and the plasma grenades:D

Hey, Snoopy...if you haven't tried already, try manually pulling back the trigger button instead of holding it down. It is EXTREMELY accurate! Even 3-4 shots from a decent distance = death :)

DZNUTZ
04-19-2002, 04:34 PM
woooowhooo!!! i'm changing my viewing speed and maually using my assualt rifle when i get home!!!

keep the tips/strageys a comming!!!

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
woooowhooo!!! i'm changing my viewing speed and maually using my assualt rifle when i get home!!!

keep the tips/strageys a comming!!!

lol, dude...not the Assault rifle...the pistol!!! :D

Snoopy7548
04-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Hey, Snoopy...if you haven't tried already, try manually pulling back the trigger button instead of holding it down. It is EXTREMELY accurate! Even 3-4 shots from a decent distance = death :)

yea, i do that, its cool, its more accurate and more fun:D

Xbox Owner
04-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ~nVidia~
Welcome and my fav. weapons are Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, and Shotgun. And who can forget the grenades!!!

same here