PDA

View Full Version : Interesting solution to an Xbox problem.

Donaldson
04-18-2002, 09:21 PM
So I had a problem with my original version of 007 AUF freezing at the same spot in the game. I took it back and got a new copy. This time it froze at a different spot in the game so I contacted the makers of the game. They had a solution that actually worked. They told me to unplug everything from the system (controllers/DVD kit) and to leave just one official MS controller plugged in. I did this and for some reason it worked. I thought this was a really weird solution and decided to share it with all of you :p . (I guess this is just another reason why 3rd party stuff isn't as good as the original.)

Azazel
04-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Right on man. Things like that are always good to know. Of course I hope I never have any problems, but if I do I know what to try out.

UnitedKingdom
04-19-2002, 05:19 AM
Mmmmm.... strange but interesting. Was your dvd kit and other controllers official xbox stuff?

GokuX
04-19-2002, 05:25 AM
I wonder if that'd help for others experiencing freezing problems in other games as well. Could be a bit of useful info, thanks for the post Don.

Halo of Flies
04-19-2002, 05:29 AM
The only problem I've had is that sometimes my XBox doesn't recognise game discs, I have to eject them a couple of times but this is very rare. Anyone else get this?

GokuX
04-19-2002, 05:33 AM
Halo of Flies
The only problem I've had is that sometimes my XBox doesn't recognise game discs, I have to eject them a couple of times but this is very rare. Anyone else get this?

I've had this problem one time so far Halo.

Donaldson
04-19-2002, 04:15 PM
I had 2 3rd party controllers plugged in, a Japanese controller, and the original controller that came with Xbox.

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 04:27 PM
[inside joke]The only time I had trouble with my XBox was when I only had less than 10 posts at XBA... :D [/inside joke] ;)

hehe...

Hey, Donaldson...that new sig is great!! :)

Donaldson
04-19-2002, 04:57 PM
HAHAHAHA............

Thanx Max I am messing around with the sig cuz it still doesn't look quite right.

Wu3000
04-20-2002, 02:30 AM
my box used to not read my maxpayne disc. but eventually it accepted it.