PDA

View Full Version : 2-D Games...

samslophead
04-18-2002, 11:36 PM
I wish that the XBOX would come out with some sweet 2-D games; you know, like Mega Man, Contra, Metal Slug, etc. I know this won't happen, but oh well...

GRAVEDIGGER
04-21-2002, 12:40 PM
I know what you mean samslophead, but to me the only 2-D game that matters would have to be Capcom Vs SNK 2! We need this game on the XBOX!, basically we need A street fighter game!

Untill next time...:mad:

Tkf5000
04-23-2002, 12:40 PM
it would be cool to have a xbox game with like a bunch of old new games like old zelda games but longer with added stuff and capcom vs marvel 2 with more moves and characters

samslophead
04-24-2002, 09:21 AM
I would just like to have some 2D side scrolling shooters - like Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man - but with sweet graphics and effects. I heard that a Ninja Gaiden game will be coming out for the XBOX, but it will most certainly be 3D.

Liquid Gears
04-24-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
I know what you mean samslophead, but to me the only 2-D game that matters would have to be Capcom Vs SNK 2! We need this game on the XBOX!, basically we need A street fighter game!

Buddy, I brought that up a while back. Don't get me wrong though, I totally agree with you. But Ah, Ya See, I'm the Street Fighter Freak on XboxAddict, this is my department, so stop repeating what I say.:mad: :mad:

samslophead
04-24-2002, 09:25 PM
You talk'n to me?

EHWfedPres
04-24-2002, 10:36 PM
The 2 best 2d games ever are SFPWXP for the SNES, and Ultima 8 for the PC.

Yannie Boy
04-25-2002, 08:08 AM
i heard that nintendo and sony bought all the rights to all the 2-d fighting games such as marvel vs capcom 2 and capcom vs snk 2 so that means xbox is left out but for those who has gamecube, there will be seqals to those games coming out for gamecube.

Liquid Gears
04-25-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by samslophead
You talk'n to me?

No, to the other guy. Sorry.

dirk taylor
04-25-2002, 10:55 AM
hi ya all whats up:) im new so i dont really no what to do so maby someone could tell me:cool:

Kraft
04-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Its really easy Dirk, heres how my gameplan goes:

1. Read the Thread
2. Form an opinion
3. Reply with your opinion

Thats how to reply to a thread, easy enough! Once you get the hang of it you can even try starting threads:

1. Get an idea for a thread subject
2. Post the new thread

And thats about it!

P.S. There was this awesome game for the Neo-Geo called Metal Slug. Anyone ever play that?

samslophead
04-25-2002, 02:36 PM
I didn't have a NEO-GEO 'cuz they were $600 and the games were another $150, but I have played Metal Slug 3. That is EXACTLY the type of 2D game that I would like to see on the XBOX...good call. Magician Lord, Ninja Warriors, and Sengoku were also cool games.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-26-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Buddy, I brought that up a while back. Don't get me wrong though, I totally agree with you. But Ah, Ya See, I'm the Street Fighter Freak on XboxAddict, this is my department, so stop repeating what I say.:mad: :mad:

Challenge mode on:

LoL...and...am i suppose to cower in the corner before the presence of the "Street Fighter Freak on XboxAddict"? because i said something you happened to say first?..lol..poor poor child in need of respect and attention..

But, any day you wish to travel to the depts of hell, then i'll be glad to educate your ass on the proper way to play Street Figher.

Challenge mode off:

But anyways, its str8 to know someone else is such a fan of Street Fighter, and agrees that we need the game on the XBOX, hopefully sometime soon.

Iveseenyoubefor
04-27-2002, 05:15 AM
I saw a 2D game in Japan while I was there and actually got a chance to play it. It wasn't a side scroller but one of those where you fly along top to bottom a shoot things. I think that it may have been a japanese only title because I didn't recognize any of the characters and it was a sequel. It may come out in the US but other than knowing they have one in Japan I have no further knowledge of it.

AcidJazz
04-27-2002, 06:41 AM
I would like to play MK series.
I think it was the best fighter ever.

Liquid Gears
04-30-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by AcidJazz
I would like to play MK series.
I think it was the best fighter ever.

No AcidJazz. No no no:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

STREET FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kraft
04-30-2002, 09:07 AM
Im gonna have to go with acidjazz. I never got to see ken grab ryu by the top of the head and proceed to detatch his spine and wave it around like a trophy. So MKII gets my fav. fighting game award. Well, at least mk I and II. after that its been crap.

Liquid Gears
04-30-2002, 04:15 PM
Who the hell wants to play a fighting game that has 8 second rounds.

Kraft
04-30-2002, 04:25 PM
Noone. luckily MK2 doesn't have 2 second rounds.

Liquid Gears
04-30-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Noone. luckily MK2 doesn't have 2 second rounds.

Uh, ya it does.

Duke
05-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Not really a fighter fan, but I do love a lot of the old 2-d games.

When it comes to fighting I'm more or less a random button pusher. That main reason I don't like them is that I win a lot with that sub-par strategy. Before I get flamed there have been a number that I have enjoyed over the years, but I like them at others houses, not on my dollar.

Anyway, I think the reason you won't see too many 2-d games is that while there is a corner market for them i don't think there is a lot of earning potential for them in today's market.

Maybe if a few publishers got together and released a compilation disc it would be viable. Obviously those of us on this thread would probably give it a look, but I don't think the main stream in general would be interested.

Sure, maybe I'm wrong, but I think I'm right. But then again I voted for Nader so what does my opinion matter?