PDA

View Full Version : I get an Xbox next week.. what games ?

aussieXnewbie
04-19-2002, 12:40 AM
Lo ppl... I am in Australia, and I have owned a PS1, PS2, DC, Saturn, Mega Drive, Mega CD, Atari 2600 and Intellivision. (yer I am old)

okies, so the price drop has hooked me... I said to the guy at the store last week that if the Xbox were say 399 (Australian) I'd get one, and low and behold.. bingo..
I need some advice on what games to get..
I have played the following on the Xbox.. Halo, Amped, Oddworld (No thanks), DOA3, Wreckless and Dave Mirra 2.

I really like Amped lots... it is a given.. but I will prolly get one more game.. it is a toss up between Halo, JSRF and RSC.. now.. I have a powerful PC for FPS so I'd prolly strike Halo off that list for now...
Any other titles ppl think would be good to add to the list, let me know.
Thanks to you all...

UnitedKingdom
04-19-2002, 04:41 AM
I'm not sure what games are out over there but i'm guessing its the same choice we have in europe at the moment.
I would add project gotham racing to that list.
If your really not sure what to buy then your better off renting instead of blowing a lot of cash on a crap game!:p

Do yourself a favour and stay away from bloodwake and star wars obi-wan.:mad:

E-Vader
04-19-2002, 05:17 AM
Welcome aussieXnewbie good ta see another Aussie in these forums,

I've only got 3 games at tha mo' Halo, Rallisport and Munch and there all ace games, so I advise ta get 'em all:D

Games ta put on ya wish list would be Blood Omen II, Morrowind, Mech Assault, Turok Evolution, Bounty Hunter and a whole heap of other good 'uns coming to tha box towards tha end of this year.

Games ta avoid would be Wreckless and Obi-Wan

Check with www.topshop.com.au for the latest releases.

Cheers:)

GokuX
04-19-2002, 05:23 AM
Even if you have a PC, Halo is still a good choice. Better FPS than any I can think of right now, also better graphics in my opinion. Me personally though, I'd be choosing Rallisport. I've had a blast with this game. I pretty much think it's the best racing game out given it's overall polish and refinement. I know many of my XBA buddies will back me up on that.

DCavalera
04-19-2002, 09:34 AM
You can never go wrong on buying Halo.

MOlsen
04-19-2002, 10:18 AM
I don't like FPS, but Halo is a very safe bet. I would also recommend anything from SmileBit. JSRF and GunValkyrie. I love them both. I'm waiting for Morrowind ... we'll see how good it is once it gets shipped. Welcome aboard Mate!

Woocifer
04-19-2002, 10:26 AM
IMO Rallisport is an amazing game...but, and I don't mean to slander the game at all, it is really really tough. It takes A LOT of gameplay to be first in every race.

It's a great challenge, but if you're just starting off I'd say get Halo for now. there is more to it that RSC. And then 2 days after you get Halo, get RSC haha ;)

Halo is a good mixture though because there is story(though not the greatest ;) there is runnin around and blowin sh1t up, there's puzzles and exploration in small amounts and there is drivin vehicles around that is pretty damn fun too.

Along with that, you and a buddy can play the game...I know my friend and I beat it the second day I had it because we're pathetic losers who have nothing better to do, and have a lot of experience with FPS games. It took about 20+ hours I think...9 one day...the rest the next day.

I wanted to beat him so badly because we more or less raped Halo of its fun cuz well he's super FPS loser and tore through it in minutes.

Both have multiplayer and both are great in that format...but I find Halo to be a lot more forgiving and you can roam wherever you want.

Get both...no shut up and get both damn you!! :) Bloody galah ;) hahaha

j/k if you're really not sure, rent the bastards, try em out and there ya go.

Take it easy

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Even if you have a PC, Halo is still a good choice. Better FPS than any I can think of right now, also better graphics in my opinion. Me personally though, I'd be choosing Rallisport. I've had a blast with this game. I pretty much think it's the best racing game out given it's overall polish and refinement. I know many of my XBA buddies will back me up on that.

I back up GokuX!! Rallisport Challenge is SWEEEEEET!!! It's my #2 favorite game ever played and Amped is my #3. I love Amped!!

Halo is my #1 game, hands down. You can also play it on-line if you didn't know :)

Tigerbob4
04-19-2002, 06:43 PM
If u have never played SSX Tricky before i suggest u try it before u buy amped. I also think that u should get NHL Hitz. I have had it for abut a month and it is still as exciting as the firsdt time i played. :)

Woocifer
04-19-2002, 07:54 PM
I didn't like Hitz at all, I found it really cheesey and flakey... if you're looking for NBA Jam on ice, but worse, yeah Hitz is the one...but for hockey its junk to me. BTW i said TO ME :)

SSX is more racing than tricking so it depends what you want out of the snowboarding game.

E-Xbox
04-19-2002, 08:16 PM
WELCOME TO XBA aussieXnewbie!

ENJOY YOUR STAY!

THIS IS THE BEST XBOX SITE EVA!

PEACE

04-20-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by aussieXnewbie
, Oddworld (No thanks),

hahaha...I made the mistake of buying this over Halo for my first game *hitting myself* STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Yeah, I really don't care for that game. No offense to anyone who likes it.

Rochey69r
04-20-2002, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

I back up GokuX!! Rallisport Challenge is SWEEEEEET!!! It's my #2 favorite game ever played and Amped is my #3. I love Amped!!

Halo is my #1 game, hands down. You can also play it on-line if you didn't know :)

i love amped to MAXIMUS!!

can you tell me if there is arnette brand goggles to unlock?

thanx mate!

p.s. thanx GTAPLAYER for my awsome sig!!

UltraMuffin
04-20-2002, 04:36 AM
I have 6 Xbox games including Oddworld... I consider Oddworld to be my least fun game... but then again I never was a huge fan of platformers.

My favorite game is Amped, and yes I do have Halo.

aussieXnewbie
04-21-2002, 03:13 AM
Thanks E-Xbox for the welcome !
everyone else thanks heaps..
I'll get AMPED and HALO with the machine, then I'll get RSC in a little while (cash) and wait to see what is coming in the future...

Woocifer
04-21-2002, 09:49 AM
Good on ya mate ;)

master cortana
04-21-2002, 10:12 AM
Don't ever count out Halo. Get that first! You will love it. I played on a kiosk b4 I owned xbox and did'nt think to much of it. Then I got it and wow. It is hands down the best game ever in my opinion. After you play and love Halo then I suggestk rsc, doa3, blood omen 2, amped, oh yeah can't forget silent hill 2. Silent Hill 2 is probably my 2nd favorte behind Halo. Very creepy, you will be scared. Now I'm not sure what games you guys have over there but if you do have any of these games I suggest at least renting them. Oh and I can't forget, although I wouldn't suggest buying Wreckless you should go out and rent it if you can. That game is a lot of fun but just is too short

aussieXnewbie
04-22-2002, 05:35 AM
I have actually played Halo on a US console at a friend's workplace... on a 12 foot projection screen. hehehehhe
for quite a long time. I do like it but I just have cash flow problems hehehe, don't we all?

I've been watching some of the jump videos, and I can see that not just "playing" is the key to Halo.

cheers guys !

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by aussieXnewbie
I have actually played Halo on a US console at a friend's workplace... on a 12 foot projection screen. hehehehhe
for quite a long time. I do like it but I just have cash flow problems hehehe, don't we all?

I've been watching some of the jump videos, and I can see that not just "playing" is the key to Halo.

cheers guys !

I mean, Halo's campaign mode, of course, is brilliant...but, if we completely seperate the multi-player replayability in this game, it's still the best game out for the system to date! Halo is just plain amazing!!!!! :D

Rallisport Challenge is flat out amazing as well. Amped is definately right up there, too :)

aussieXnewbie
04-23-2002, 03:52 AM
well, I got my Xbox before the price drop, I am going to take advantage of the rebate sceme.. it actually works out as a saving of $50....

I got Amped and Halo.. and I will get (hopefully) RSC and (suggestions>>? ??? ) maybe PGR ?

thanks dudes..

GokuX
04-23-2002, 05:12 AM
PGR is also a good game to own aussie.