PDA

View Full Version : Controller 'S' ---> Is it out yet?

Cannibal Corpse
04-19-2002, 05:39 AM
If anyone has obtained this new controller please inform us about your impressions. (compared to the offcial one of course).

Better yet, if you happen to own a Japanese version, the comparison is greatly appreciated. (since I have heard besides the longer cord, it has a 'different' shoulder button feel/design. Same goes for the start/back and B&W buttons)

Thanks in advance.

DCavalera
04-19-2002, 09:12 AM
The controler is cool I got one for my b-day in march from my sister, and at first I was like, is this a mad katz one??? But it wasnt she told me the guy in Game Proz strongly suggested it. So she got it for me. Well, I tried it out and was impressed, takes a bit to get used to the start button not being in the center and the black and clear buttons being in the bottom, but it is cool. Besides the shorter cord, dont they sell extensions for them now?

addicted_2_xbox
04-19-2002, 10:45 AM
I have three controllers right now and I'm thinking about getting Controller S as the last one. Aren't the black and white buttons hard to reach? Looks like they are from the pictures

DCavalera
04-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by addicted_2_xbox
I have three controllers right now and I'm thinking about getting Controller S as the last one. Aren't the black and white buttons hard to reach? Looks like they are from the pictures

well at first the are, but you'll get used to them.

Cannibal Corpse
04-19-2002, 01:57 PM
http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?/hardware/march02/xboxcontrollers/1.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?/hardware/march02/xboxcontrollers/2.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?/hardware/march02/xboxcontrollers/3.jpg

Ninja Scroll
04-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Controller S ships on April 30th, should be in stores by May 1st.
And I cant wait!
Now I can use a controller that I dont have to keep in my lap to play with!:D

JUST BRING IT!

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 02:10 PM
I think it's great that it's available, though, I don't plan on getting one. I enjoy the regular XBox controllers and I figure, why get rid of a good thing? I have three regular ones and maybe a fourth one in the relatively near future.

Ninja Scroll
04-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I think it's great that it's available, though, I don't plan on getting one. I enjoy the regular XBox controllers and I figure, why get rid of a good thing? I have three regular ones and maybe a fourth one in the relatively near future.

The regular controller is fine with you waxy?:confused:
I told you about useing your hands until they swell up at night.:rolleyes:
Oh well, I guess it worked out for you in da long run!:D

E-Xbox
04-19-2002, 02:33 PM
not out yet..
and if i have money i mite pick one up..

peace

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

The regular controller is fine with you waxy?:confused:
I told you about useing your hands until they swell up at night.:rolleyes:
Oh well, I guess it worked out for you in da long run!:D

hehe...

Dude, I don't know if it's just me, but, I don't find that the regular XBox controllers are too big. I love it!

Cannibal Corpse
04-19-2002, 04:35 PM
...But you signature is.

Frostberg
04-19-2002, 06:03 PM
You dissin Maxys siggy? Oh there are bigger...

The Jap controller is just awesome...I dunno, but for me I just cant change back...I guess because it took so long to finally get used to where the start button was that now I forget where the start button is on the reg controller...Its just because Im used to the controller...if you really use any controller non stop for awhile, you get used to it...

Theres no real motivation to get it if you dont think you will like it tho...I love it as much as I love the orig one, no more or less...its just a different design...I guess the best reason I like it is because you feel more into the game when you have a better grasp on the controller, and you can kind of squueeze it more because its smaller...