PDA

View Full Version : Problems with your joystick ports?

-WorldSpawn-
04-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Every once in a while, one of my joysticks stop working (usually have 2-4 plugged in at a time). It seems that the joystick ports are of poor construction, and I need to jiggle the plug a bit, or prop something under it so it gets a better conection.
This ticks me off since I take excellent care of my system, and there is no reason this should be happening. Anyone else experience this problem?

Woocifer
04-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Yup, this always happens to my 2nd port. No matter what, whenever I'm playin NBA 2k2 with a buddy, the go to the line and the triggers don't work...I've noticed that every once in a while the second controller either needs to be calibrated or needs to be reconnected.

The system seems a little buggy...it worries me sometimes.

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Hmmm...none whatsoever....and I must play my XBox atleast 2 hours a day during the week and (maybe a day or two will go by with no playing) and on the weekends, I must put 4+ hours on it...and not even a glitch.

Are you referring to the genuine Microsoft controllers or do you have problems with a 3rd party controller? (i.e. Madcatz, Pelican, Interact)???

Dre
04-19-2002, 10:33 AM
I must say I've never experienced this problem.., sorry dude.. call xbox support and ask em whats up. You shouldn't have to deal with this.

addicted_2_xbox
04-19-2002, 10:39 AM
never experienced that, and don't want to. I always have 3 controllers and a DVD reciever plugged in at the same time.

Kraft
04-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Hmmm...none whatsoever....and I must play my XBox atleast 2 hours a day during the week and (maybe a day or two will go by with no playing) and on the weekends, I must put 4+ hours on it...and not even a glitch.

Are you referring to the genuine Microsoft controllers or do you have problems with a 3rd party controller? (i.e. Madcatz, Pelican, Interact)???

I've had more trouble with my microsoft controller actually. not sure if its the games or the controller though... With NHL2002 sometimes it wont let me shoot the puck, but everything else works so I can pass and what not. But as soon as I pass it, I can shoot again.

The other game I had trouble with is GunValk. I think the games trigger response to the jump trigger is WAY too sensitive. I wasn't even touching the trigger and all of the sudden my guy would jump and my jets would start spattering like i was rapidly tapping the trigger. This was remedied when I plugged my Mad Catz in...

DZNUTZ
04-19-2002, 11:39 AM
ya'll know i worship my xbox ..but i aint gonna lie...i've had the same probs some of ya'll have mentioned...ie..(all examples are rare but do seldomly happen)...nhl 02''can't shoot puck, nba2k2...at free throws the triggers spaz and seem to not be calibrated correctly, madden 02-hb/fb will start Walking slowy to the left on running plays and i can't change/slash control, thps2x...double trigger action can activate a glitch where every time you ollie/nollie your skater does 180/360..(fix prob by pauseing game and double pressing triggers..

as i said i still think xbox is the best...but these probs do exsist:(

ftyards
04-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Yup, this always happens to my 2nd port. No matter what, whenever I'm playin NBA 2k2 with a buddy, the go to the line and the triggers don't work...I've noticed that every once in a while the second controller either needs to be calibrated or needs to be reconnected.

The system seems a little buggy...it worries me sometimes.
Mine does it too when playing NBA 2k2 with the triggers but i figure that it is just because its a madcatz controller are you sure that is not the problem?

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 12:18 PM
After seeing some of the other posts here, it almost sounds like the games are causing the problems, not the controllers. Just a guess since many of the same "problems" people are having also mention the same games like NBA2K2 and NHL...so, I dunno :confused:

I don't own those games, however, I haven't run into any problems with my games that I own. :)

DZNUTZ
04-19-2002, 01:02 PM
i would imagine so MAX... my guess is that its a problem that developers are overlooking during their quality control segment of production. since the buttons vary from game to game..but the same button on one game thats having probs..will work fine on the next. at least thats my guess...btw....i only use 1st party products.

Woocifer
04-19-2002, 04:35 PM
All my controllers are genuine Microsoft products...the problems are probably software related though considering NBA 2k2 and NHL 2002 are some of the more buggier games that are out.

But I still think the xbox has issues...I've had troubles with copying tracks from certain cds, tracks in my xbox overwriting and repeating themselves...goofy weird ass stuff.