PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's splinter cell Vs. Metel Gear



OppiumNitrates
04-19-2002, 11:30 AM
these game seem very similar to me. . . i only seen a few screens of splinter it looks impressive. . . anybody have an opinion on which one will be better. . . . and why??

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 11:32 AM
I'll probably get both...I can't shoot enough people :D

faceoff508
04-19-2002, 11:34 AM
I will buy them both, they both are very impressive!!

Bundy
04-19-2002, 11:35 AM
maxy i swear you get/want more games then anyboy i know. You think they all look pretty good :) how do you have time to play them all?

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Bundy
maxy i swear you get/want more games then anyboy i know. You think they all look pretty good :) how do you have time to play them all?

hehe...dude, what can I say!? I'm addicted to the XBox! I'm just a huge fan of 3-D Shooters! :D Tom Clancy's games are all utterly brilliant...and this new Slinter Cell sounds amazing! I like how they are well thought out and creative...intelligent shooter games :D Also, this new Metal Gear Solid X will feature many "XBox Xtras" and was PS2s number one game last year. Basically, it was PS2's "Halo". The fact that it will contain many "XBox Xtras" will surely make this game much better than MGS2 :D

This is a perfect example, of many, on how it makes absolutely no sense to buy a PS2 over an XBox :)

Kraft
04-19-2002, 11:49 AM
lol, I can see maxi a year from now, with the little angel and devil on his shoulder...

Angel: Max, the baby needs diapers...
Devil: But halo2 is out! muahahaha!
Angel: Maximus, think of your child!
Devil: Shutup angel, its friggin halo2!

2 hours later max shows up at his house with halo2...

Mrs. Max: Where's the diapers???
Max: Ummm... uhh... diaper prices were up...
Mrs. Max: What? What does that matter?
Max: I figured we could just cut up some of your tshirts to use instead. You know, save money.

(max walks away with halo tucked under his shirt)

OppiumNitrates
04-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Also, this new Metal Gear Solid X will feature many "XBox Xtras" and was PS2s number one game last year. Basically, it was PS2's "Halo".

MGS2 sold more copys then GTA3??

JJaX
04-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
lol, I can see maxi a year from now, with the little angel and devil on his shoulder...

Angel: Max, the baby needs diapers...
Devil: But halo2 is out! muahahaha!
Angel: Maximus, think of your child!
Devil: Shutup angel, its friggin halo2!

2 hours later max shows up at his house with halo2...

Mrs. Max: Where's the diapers???
Max: Ummm... uhh... diaper prices were up...
Mrs. Max: What? What does that matter?
Max: I figured we could just cut up some of your tshirts to use instead. You know, save money.

(max walks away with halo tucked under his shirt)

http://pics.steakandcheese.com/good_baby.jpg

Kraft
04-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by JJaX


http://pics.steakandcheese.com/good_baby.jpg

????????????????
I hope I'm not the only one confused by this...

Bundy
04-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus


hehe...dude, what can I say!? I'm addicted to the XBox! I'm just a huge fan of 3-D Shooters! :D Tom Clancy's games are all utterly brilliant...and this new Slinter Cell sounds amazing! I like how they are well thought out and creative...intelligent shooter games :D Also, this new Metal Gear Solid X will feature many "XBox Xtras" and was PS2s number one game last year. Basically, it was PS2's "Halo". The fact that it will contain many "XBox Xtras" will surely make this game much better than MGS2 :D

This is a perfect example, of many, on how it makes absolutely no sense to buy a PS2 over an XBox :)


I love fps too, esp the tom clancy series of games. I am getting pumped for the couple of games that will be released this year.. ghost recon on line is gonna rock.

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates


MGS2 sold more copys then GTA3??

Well, I didn't make that claim, however, I'm not sure what the numbers are in comparison. All I know is that I remember that a few sites about 4-5 months ago had a poll on which game should be voted "Game of the year" and Halo and MGS2 were pretty much neck and neck. This poll was on websites that were general video game fansites featuring information on all three "next gen consoles". Halo barely beat MGS2, which in one sense seems ironic, however, they were all probably PS2 owners. GTA3 was one of the choices and MGS2 killed it in votes.

So, I guess I base my claim on the polls from a few major video game fansites including Gamespot and IGN :)