PDA

View Full Version : Question about Halo multiplayer

Veno
04-19-2002, 02:07 PM
I'm about to network my gaming pc to my dsl, do you play it through your monitor or do you need a tv to play or what?

p.s. i know everything else i need and how to connect it, don't try to tell me how it works.:D

Xtopia
04-19-2002, 02:10 PM
You play it throught your TV. And you'r sure you don't want any assistance in hooking it up? Most people that don't know whether it is played throught the TV or PC screen need additional help. If you decide you need a walkthrough, Maximus can help.

Xtopia
04-19-2002, 02:12 PM
One last thing I forget to mention...I recomend playing through XBConnect rather than gamespy. Go to www.xbconnect.com to download the software.

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 02:14 PM
lol, Xtopia!

Yes, I can help. Basically, you are playing Halo as a System Link game while on-line as opposed to a LAN. The computer, in this case, is simply treated as three other XBoxes in a sense.

You use your computer for the Gamespy Arcade and Tunnel Softwares or just download XBConnect from XBConnect.com. If you need help in figuring out how to hook things up, I'll help you if you need to.

Yes, you play on your TV but access the link through the computer using the software. It's really easy :)

Veno
04-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't this just be a hell of alot ezier if we just waited for the pc port? Basically im obsessed with jkii mp right now. God i love "capture the ysalimiri" in 10 player. Fu ckin fun. Anyone else obsessed with jkii and pushing people off high ledges to their doom?

Xtopia
04-19-2002, 02:23 PM
Actually playing Halo on the net is very easy as long as you have broadband. And dude...have fun waiting 2-4 years for the PC version of Halo.

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Wouldn't this just be a hell of alot ezier if we just waited for the pc port? Basically im obsessed with jkii mp right now. God i love "capture the ysalimiri" in 10 player. Fu ckin fun. Anyone else obsessed with jkii and pushing people off high ledges to their doom?

Easier? Not at all...playing Halo on-line through your TV is so much better anyway... Bigger screen, comfort of your own couch, etc. That's my opinion. The PC version will take quite a while to come out. Playing Halo on-line is the best gaming experience I have ever had with a console, that's for sure!