PDA

View Full Version : Neo Tech Cracks Xbox?!?!

E-Xbox
04-19-2002, 02:39 PM
YO ALL....

i was looking around and chek this

http://www.konsoll.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=204

and this

http://www.xboxmods.co.uk/

peace

l Maximus l
04-19-2002, 02:41 PM
I have never imported a game, but, pretty cool :)

Niner Six
04-19-2002, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of European/Japanese games, but it's nice to have the choice.

Hugh_Jass
04-19-2002, 03:23 PM
There are some Japanese games that I'd like to play.

Don't forget that this will let you watch DVDs from other regions, too. Once in a while region 2 will get a feature-packed DVD when the region 1 version is bare bones. Plus, there are some movies that don't get released in region 1 at all.

Snoopy7548
04-19-2002, 03:29 PM
i would never import a game from like japan, its impossible to read the menus, id rather wait until the game came out

LynxFX
04-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Plus, there are some movies that don't get released in region 1 at all.

Like Futurama season 1. :( Damn sindication.

Toonz
04-19-2002, 05:26 PM
So what prevents me from importing a Jap console than and doing it the other way so I can copy all the North American games. Hmmm depending on how you feel about piracy this could be bad.

Snoopy7548
04-19-2002, 05:28 PM
what do u mean by copying all the north american games? all xbox games are as of now, impossible to copy:D

Toonz
04-19-2002, 05:56 PM
I read in a few newsgroups they have DOA3 copied but just can't get it to boot. They are close ( to close IMO ) Ironically it was DOA2 that was first copied for the DC. With all these breakthroughs as of lately it won't be long till someone puts together the whole package and games will be copied. They have yet to stop a single a piece of software from being copied unfortunately and it appears to me that they are real close. I hope they don't find a way but they always do.

E-Xbox
04-19-2002, 08:10 PM
so wat u guys think?
will u copy games?
or juss back up games?

peace

jschelm
04-19-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
so wat u guys think?
will u copy games?
or juss back up games?

peace

New legislation has made it illegal to even back up games that you own legit copies too, so there is no excuse anymore for a "legal" reason to copy games.

E-Xbox
04-19-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jschelm

New legislation has made it illegal to even back up games that you own legit copies too, so there is no excuse anymore for a "legal" reason to copy games.

are u serious?
wat bout canada?

peace

jschelm
04-19-2002, 09:23 PM
I am not sure about Can., but I heard that was the case here in the US. Pretty stupid if you ask me, but the lawmakers didn't :)

E-Xbox
04-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by jschelm
I am not sure about Can., but I heard that was the case here in the US. Pretty stupid if you ask me, but the lawmakers didn't :)

when did this happen?

peace

(btw...u up for some gamespy halo rite now???...if u r..meet me there..)

jschelm
04-19-2002, 09:28 PM
I am not sure, but I read about it about 2-3 weeks ago....I would love to, but I have an 8 hour engineering test tomorrow that I am studying for. UGH!!! School is really cutting into my xbox time.

Piccolo_DBz
04-19-2002, 09:37 PM
Finally! Kick ass! I want to import this game: :cool: :cool: :cool:
http://www.videogameimports.com/images/pictures/shikigami.jpg

Here's the commercial:
http://www.mediaquest.co.jp/shikigami/images/shiki_30.mpg

darianX
04-20-2002, 01:38 AM
I'd love to know where they're getting the DVD burners to burn those *ahem* "backup" copies. Those DVDs are like 9 gig....no burner out there burns that much, and you can bet that there is some kind of encoding that prevents a different type of disc being used.

I wish people would get over the idea of pirating games for the Xbox. It's a new console that needs some solid market share via "must have" games. If no one buys the games, no games will be available and then say goodbye to the Xbox. Don't forget that!

Snoopy7548
04-20-2002, 07:33 AM
even though its illegal, theres practically no way that anyone can find out youre copying games, i have a ton of copied psx games, and no one has ever found out (knock on wood:eek: its not like if u copy a game, it ruins the original or something like that, theres absolutely no evidence that u copied the game:D

E-Xbox
04-20-2002, 11:52 AM
YAYA!!!
my news made the front page of xba!

peace

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-20-2002, 12:10 PM
i thinik neotech should be shut off as they are ripping hard working game developers!i like the games in the us and would love to wait 4 the other ones!

E-Xbox
04-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
i thinik neotech should be shut off as they are ripping hard working game developers!i like the games in the us and would love to wait 4 the other ones!

wtf?!

rite now all they are doing is lettin u play diff region games..
like pal games on ntsc systems
and vice versa...

peace

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-20-2002, 12:17 PM
i want everything to be the way bill g wants it to be because he is anextremely intelligent guy and with his brains he will make xbox a phenomenal success all over the world! no offence buddy but companies like are the ones which leads to demise of consoles like vgs did for psx!i love my xbox and want it to be hugely successful!

Snoopy7548
04-20-2002, 01:16 PM
the psx was the most pirated system in history (other than the pc), and it was one of the most successful systems in history.:D so that doesnt mean that piracy will kill a system

E-Xbox
04-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
the psx was the most pirated system in history (other than the pc), and it was one of the most successful systems in history.:D so that doesnt mean that piracy will kill a system

very good point!

peace

Snoopy7548
04-20-2002, 01:37 PM
yea i know, i make the best points cause im so awesome, lol:D

E-Xbox
04-20-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
yea i know, i make the best points cause im so awesome, lol:D

maybe at posting...
but from what i hear...
not at halo!

peace

Snoopy7548
04-20-2002, 01:43 PM
lol, ive gotten better! kind of:D

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-20-2002, 02:13 PM
iid did'nt kill psx but is sure didi hurt it !it fiorced sony to release ps2 earlier than they intended it to!

MOlsen
04-20-2002, 02:25 PM
I want to play Championship Manager in the worst way ... but I must admit there isn't any reason for it to be released here in the US, they couldn't give it away to most Americans. But, I think this is really bad. It will lead to a pirate mod chip soon enough (It is inevitable), and the more developers lose profits, the fewer games we get. It's a better long-term policy to pay full money. True, pirating didn't hurt the PSX, but it killed the DC. As in dead. Want that to happen again? I don't.

E-Xbox
04-20-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by MOlsen
I want to play Championship Manager in the worst way ... but I must admit there isn't any reason for it to be released here in the US, they couldn't give it away to most Americans. But, I think this is really bad. It will lead to a pirate mod chip soon enough (It is inevitable), and the more developers lose profits, the fewer games we get. It's a better long-term policy to pay full money. True, pirating didn't hurt the PSX, but it killed the DC. As in dead. Want that to happen again? I don't.

it didnt fully kill the dc....
it was a partial factor..
but not the only one..

peace

MOlsen
04-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Ya, you are right E-Xbox. It is a complicated autopsy. The dead victim was found with poisoned blood, 16 arrows, and was decapitated. Did the sword, the poison, or the arrows deliver the "killing blow". *yawn* No single decision would have changed the DC's fate...

I was reminded of the threat that piracy brings to the industry in a recent question and answer by the Sony bigwig, in Korea I think. Somebody from the audience asked about online gaming. Instead of going on and on about how great a gaming experience online gaming would be, the guy basically complained that online sharing of pirated games was the single greatest challenge to profitability. At least that was how I read the article, maybe somebody has a clearer recollection.

E-Xbox
04-20-2002, 07:47 PM
so will u guys import games ?
or wat?