PDA

View Full Version : DC or xbox??

azmodan
04-19-2002, 09:43 PM
hehe ok so i got like 100 bucks coming my way to spend and i was wondering if i shoulg buy a dreamcast or 2 xbox games.. but there arent really any xbox games i REALLY want.. im a hardcore rpg fan and i need some rpgs... and i heard there are some really hot rpgs for dreamcast.. like skies of arcadia shenmue 1 and 2 grandia 2... so like anybody got a opinion on wut i should do.. :P

wweomaniac
04-19-2002, 09:47 PM
yo man... chill out and wait...

Morrowind should come up early May...

and use the other $50 on something useful that isn't video game related. RPGs brainwash your mind, but theyre fun (cept diablo 2 and everquest).

GokuX
04-19-2002, 09:52 PM
I personally wouldn't get a DC now a days, but that's just me.

faceoff508
04-19-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
yo man... chill out and wait...

Morrowind should come up early May...

and use the other $50 on something useful that isn't video game related. RPGs brainwash your mind, but theyre fun (cept diablo 2 and everquest).

I agree:p

DIGITAL
04-20-2002, 02:32 AM
get some games but dc aint bad as long as you can play emulators on it or movies just whatched the scorpion king on my dc an wow that movie actually rocks!

UltraMuffin
04-20-2002, 04:50 AM
Well, DC costs like $50 right? Even though they aren't making any more games for it, there is quite a selection of great games for the system... and they're all super cheap. I bought Shenmue for $15 used at Gamestop... If you have a lotta time to play games, I'd say get the DC... you get tons of entertainment for your money with it.

Afro Aura
04-20-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by azmodan
hehe ok so i got like 100 bucks coming my way to spend and i was wondering if i shoulg buy a dreamcast or 2 xbox games.. but there arent really any xbox games i REALLY want.. im a hardcore rpg fan and i need some rpgs... and i heard there are some really hot rpgs for dreamcast.. like skies of arcadia shenmue 1 and 2 grandia 2... so like anybody got a opinion on wut i should do.. :P
Dude I'm in the same situation as you,I'm suffering cold turkey as I'm in need of an RPG like Skies of Arcadia of Grandia those games were great on the DC (good thing I've still got mine), I'm not into the Baldur's Gate RPGs, so I hang on in there mate :)

DC of XBOX games? I'd say the XBOX games as I know that when the XBOX does an RPG in the same mould as Skies of Arcadia it's gonna be something special:D

E-Vader
04-20-2002, 06:28 AM
Not into Baldurs Gate?!?! Whats wrong with you ....... lol j/k (Each to there own)

:D

The DC is great I still play mine ........Hmmmmm I might go an' play Blue Stinger again Hmmmmmmmm.

But I would wait for Morrowind.

UltraMuffin
04-20-2002, 06:41 AM
I got my DC the day it came out... unfortunately, I also got my very first 3D accelator card for my computer around the same time... I was so stunned by the graphics on my computer that I never played my DC... But in many ways it's better that way, cuz now you can buy virtually any DC game for under $20.

Afro Aura
04-20-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by E-Vader
Not into Baldurs Gate?!?! Whats wrong with you ....... lol j/k (Each to there own)

:D

The DC is great I still play mine ........Hmmmmm I might go an' play Blue Stinger again Hmmmmmmmm.

But I would wait for Morrowind.
Yeah I agree mate I'm never playing Blue Stinger again either lol and mine was in Japanese, I suppose it gave it a little edge but not a lot lol

Kilik
04-20-2002, 09:25 AM
In my opinion the DC is the 2nd best system ever made ( yes even better than ps1 or super ninetendo) It was my first experiance with on line games. Anyone played alien front online?
The rpgs were also some of the funest ever.

However That was the past and the Xbox is the now & the future
of gaming. So I would get spiderman my nephew,21 years old says
it kicks A$$ on the game cube and he usually only likes sports
games.So I would say that game would be even better on the
big black box of wonder.Just my opinion do what you want cuz
you have to live with your decision.

cornflake
04-20-2002, 09:28 AM
ok heres the deal, you buy a DC you can get virtually ANY game you want due to easy bootlegness (as i do for my friends) talk to me sometime and ill hook you up if you grab a DC

Xbox Owner
04-20-2002, 10:23 AM
do what ever you want

Twisted J
04-20-2002, 10:48 AM
well, if you do deside to get a dreamcast, you have to buy a controller, and the games, taking prices from http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/default.asp the dreamcast is 70 bucks, and remember the dreamcast doesnt come with a controller, so thats another 14 bucks, skies of arcadia is 20, shenmue is 20 bucks, they dont have shenmue 2 or grandia 2
so lets say they are 20. lets see:

thats already over 100