PDA

View Full Version : X2X - 360 Degrees of Gamers

KevinM
04-20-2002, 02:51 AM
X2X
360 Degrees of Gamers

What: Gathering of fans of Xbox to meet and ride X.

Where: Six Flags Magic Mountain, California.

When: Friday May 24th at 8:30am at the front gates. The park opens at 10am-10pm. Xbox Addict members will be there All Day!!

Who: Fans, Gamers, Webmasters... hell, anyone who reads this and wants to get some coaster action on! This event is not limited to just Xbox addicts. We hope to attract other fans and webmasters from other Xbox sites to convene for a fun day in the park. NO SHOP will be discussed... just games, rides, and thingies. :D Attitudes are encouraged to be left at the front gate, if not.. you will.

Cost: General Admission is $42.99 but as with any park, discount coupons can be found pretty much anywhere and AAA . Also if there is enough participation we will try and get a group rate for those without passes or tickets already. Six Flags season passes at other Six Flags parks are also valid.

Why: X, the world's first 4th dimensional coaster, spins riders 360-degrees forwards and backwards on a separate axis. Need I say more?? Along with X, Magic Mountain offers the biggest line-up of coasters on the planet (yes.. even more that Cedar Point). With Steel giants such as Goliath, Riddlers Revenge, Deja Vu, Ninja, Viper, Batman The ride, Superman the Escape, and the classic Revolution (featured in the film National Lampoons Vacation) there is a ton of things to do and ride throughout the day.

Even if you aren't into coasters you can hang out in line and chat with gamers from around the world (that is if they show up) as well as possible game developers tagging along.

There will be a two-step procedure for signing up.
(signing up is not an obligation to attend... if you show up you do.. if you don't... you suck!) :
1. Email your full name and nickname to kevin@xboxaddict.com with the subject titled X2X .
2. Respond to the thread below saying you're in without giving your real name (unless you want to) just get interest flowing and give the rest of the addicts and Xbox fans a little push in the right direction to join us for some fun!!! :D

Links:

Six Flags Magic Mountain theme park (http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/) : Information on rides and shows at Six Flags.
Coasterbuzz (http://www.coasterbuzz.com/) : Information and discussion of rollercoasters driven by enthusiasts.
Six Flags Travel Info (http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/ParkInfo/directions.html) : Directions to the park.<P>

Snoopy7548
04-20-2002, 07:41 AM
that sounds sooo awesome, but why cant we go to the six flags over in connecticut or wherever, i cant travel all the way to california, lol

Ninja Scroll
04-20-2002, 07:56 AM
Im not really sweatin the coasters, but it would reek of awesomeness to meet my fellow XBA comrades, being im everyones Icon and all:D

But Cally!:confused: I live in D.C. and thats across da country! Sounds life a good idea but for one day and a round trip ticket across da U.S. is not in my best intrest.

Hope you all have a decent gathering of gamers:)

Alien
04-20-2002, 08:42 AM
Man, I live up here in North Dakota....my parents wont drive me down there. I wish though, that would be cool.

Dre
04-20-2002, 08:57 AM
Well, I'm in Canada... so it ain't gonna happen. We should organize a couple of these in different locations so that other members can meet.

Twisted J
04-20-2002, 10:37 AM
man, i live in florida, thats clear across the country! but belive me, if i had the greens i would be there in a flash

E-Xbox
04-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Well, I'm in Canada... so it ain't gonna happen. We should organize a couple of these in different locations so that other members can meet.

yea same here....
stephen-xba is in ontario...he should have one somewhere here..

peace

Crazy Joe
04-20-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

yea same here....
stephen-xba is in ontario...he should have one somewhere here..

peace

ya like at canada's wonderland or something, that would be awesome.

GokuX
04-20-2002, 01:08 PM
Is anyone gonna take pictures?

sinizuh
04-20-2002, 01:09 PM
If i start walking now, i'm sure i can get there by May 24th. :rolleyes:

Calve
04-20-2002, 01:13 PM
I agree with you E-Xbox!!!

It looks like there are quite a bit of people from ontario and the surrounding area!!! Different location getogethers would be sweet!!! Although if i had the loot to goto Cally and if i was old enough :D I would go!!!!

Peace

Snoopy7548
04-20-2002, 01:18 PM
my brother is a mechanic on airplanes, and he can like fly anywhere for free, i think:D and his wife also has a job with an airport, so im almost positive they can fly anywhere for free:D

LynxFX
04-20-2002, 02:48 PM
Too bad it isn't Six Flags, Elich Gardens. I'm only ten minutes away from there.

Master Gracey
04-20-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Too bad it isn't Six Flags, Elich Gardens. I'm only ten minutes away from there.

Same here... :D They just don't have the cool coaster. Ours is the only Six Flags in the country without a super coaster because there's not enough room to build one.

LynxFX
04-20-2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah, it sucks. But we are getting a one of a kind coaster this year. You are suspended on your stomach and it simulates flying. Looks pretty cool but I haven't seen where they are building it.

It is called the Flying Coaster and opens in late May.
http://www.sixflags.com/parks/elitchgardens/images/Flycoaster124small.JPG
Looks pretty tight.

FlyBoy
04-20-2002, 09:49 PM
HAHA, more coasters than Cedar Point... RRRRRIGHT! They must be counting all the kiddie rides as "coasters". As you may suspect, I'm from Ohio, about 10 minutes from Cedar Point (home of the most coasters in the world... they just broke their own record). It sounds really cool (I'm not just posting to crack on Six Flags), but there's no way I can make it to Cali. I hope everyone has fun though and some pics would be cool! ;)

doughthe1st
04-20-2002, 10:36 PM
:( Sounds good but I'm way to busy with work and many other things right now.

ShannonX
04-21-2002, 12:01 AM
i would love to join you guys, but theres now way i can fly out to California and skip school. Ahh well. :(

KevinM
04-21-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by FlyBoy
HAHA, more coasters than Cedar Point... RRRRRIGHT! They must be counting all the kiddie rides as "coasters".

Actually yes... all parks include the kiddie coasters as "coasters" in their counts, even Cedar Point. And not only does Six Flags have more, they have better coasters than CP (Minus Millenium Force). :cool: There will be an E3 gallery (if Stephen would get of his lazy a$$ and make it) that will be updated while we're in LA.

Tigerbob4
04-21-2002, 01:36 AM
have u ever heard of school?

gula
04-21-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Is anyone gonna take pictures?

Yeah, for the people that are going, you better take some damn pictures.

(Too bad I can't go though :( )

FlyBoy
04-21-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Kevin-XBA

Actually yes... all parks include the kiddie coasters as "coasters" in their counts, even Cedar Point. And not only does Six Flags have more, they have better coasters than CP (Minus Millenium Force). :cool: There will be an E3 gallery (if Stephen would get of his lazy a$$ and make it) that will be updated while we're in LA.

Don't mean to be a jerk... but this information was taken directly from www.cedarpoint.com (I also researched the Six Flags site and could not find anything that said they had 15 or more):

"Wicked Twister will be Cedar Point's 15th roller coaster when it opens in May of 2002, enabling the park to break its own record for having more coasters than anywhere else in the world!"

"Cedar Point will have 15 roller coasters in 2002, more than any other park in the world! In 2001, the park's 14 coasters delivered more than 18.3 million rides.Cedar Point's existing coasters have given more than 374 million rides. "

"Cedar Point has 68 rides -- more rides than any park in the world."

California may have a lot of really cool stuff that Ohio doesn't... BUT THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN TOP CEDAR POINT! Not only do we have more coasters, but we have a helluva lot more rides! Remember, you're not allowed to include all of the different Six Flags' coasters in one count. Have fun though, I wish I could be there! (I'm a roller coaster addict)

Underdog
04-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tigerbob4
have u ever heard of school?

Hey Tigerbob4, have u ever heard of graduation? Has this ever crossed your mind, that there are gamers out there who are out of school and have the time to do fun stuff! :)

Skarp
04-21-2002, 03:38 PM
Im definetly in, only 30 min from six flags :)

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Dam'n why do i have to live in new jersey! any body from around me????

KevinM
04-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by FlyBoy

"Wicked Twister will be Cedar Point's 15th roller coaster when it opens in May of 2002, enabling the park to break its own record for having more coasters than anywhere else in the world!"

"Cedar Point will have 15 roller coasters in 2002, more than any other park in the world! In 2001, the park's 14 coasters delivered more than 18.3 million rides.Cedar Point's existing coasters have given more than 374 million rides. "

California may have a lot of really cool stuff that Ohio doesn't... BUT THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN TOP CEDAR POINT! Not only do we have more coasters, but we have a helluva lot more rides! Remember, you're not allowed to include all of the different Six Flags' coasters in one count.

Not to be an ass but please don't fall for the marketing hype of amusement parks, but instead go for the facts. At the current moment and since the opening of X early this year, Six Flags has held the record for the most coasters in one park. Please feel free to check out this link showing the current number of operating coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain (http://www.rcdb.com/quicksearch.htm?quicksearch=six+flags+magic+mountain), once you've done that... click here for Cedar Points listing (http://www.rcdb.com/quicksearch.htm?quicksearch=cedar+point). Notice that Cedar Point has only 14 operating coasters at the time of this post giving the record to Six Flags :D . And as stated earlier in my post, Woodstock express (a kiddie coaster) is listed as a valid working coaster.

I don't knock Cedar Point, just it's rides. lol!! CP is a great park with a nice atmosphere, just too damn crowded, overbraked rides and freaking expensive and hot!!!

FlyBoy
04-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Those are mere technicalities! CP isn't open until May, unlike sunny CA. HAHA, good find... I agree with you, CP is hot and crowded, but not expensive.

REASON: The mother of my ex-girlfriend is the secretary for the president of Cedar Fair (WOW! thats a mouthful). We dated for almost 3 years so I'm like family with them and get free tickets whenever. So, the price jack every year goes to pay for my free tickets. ;)

KevinM
04-22-2002, 01:35 AM
I knew there was a reason behind the inflation in park tickets. :D

DCavalera
04-22-2002, 09:21 AM
Man, they should like have a tour and go to various amusement parks around the country have a xba fun day at the park or something, now isnt that a good idea?

UnitedKingdom
04-22-2002, 10:11 AM
How long would it take to cross the atlantic in a rowing boat?:)

To everyone who's going, have a good one!

DZNUTZ
04-22-2002, 11:20 AM
i would totally join ya'll , but thats the day i'm shoving off on a 7 day cruise. have fun folks:)

Xtopia
04-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Too bad it isn't Six Flags, Elich Gardens. I'm only ten minutes away from there

Ya, I only live about 5 hours from Elich Gardens...And I practically live there in the summer!

LynxFX
04-22-2002, 12:58 PM
So how many people are near Elich Gardens? I think if we can't make it to sunny California that we should all just meet up at our nearest Six Flags, or *cough* Cedar Point *cough* :) and still have a good time, take some pics and all share our lovely little photos. Plus we can make fun of the guys in the Batman stunt show.

Snoopy7548
04-22-2002, 01:43 PM
yo lynx, thats such an awesome sig:D

Xtopia
04-22-2002, 01:55 PM
So how many people are near Elich Gardens?

I live in Wyoming...So it takes me about 5-7 hours to get there. But like I said, I spend at least a month of the summer in Denver at DU. And I always go to Eliches at least once.

Duke
04-23-2002, 11:42 AM
I doubt I will be able to make it as it is after the day of my bro's wedding. Guaranteed a hangover in bed all day kind of thing, just to let anyone who is in the area know that there are lots of coupons at fast food restaurants that will lower the price.

If you pay full, and are willing to get an id photo made the full price comes with a season "wild" pass.

BTW I can't remember the ride, but they do have the country's first "flying" coaster. Basically you spend a good portion of the ride face down with nothing than your 4-point keeping you in.

I was there a few weeks ago, and from watching on the ground it didn't seem worth the wait, but if you want something new in thrill rides, missing a couple turns on the standard hanging and standing coasters is well worth it. Have a blast fellas. Hell, there's always a chance I'll make it.

Sorry about the long post, but the drinking and blah blah blah

LynxFX
04-23-2002, 02:38 PM
DukeBuckhorn,

Six Flags Elich Gardens in Denver is getting the Flying Coaster. I posted a pic of it earlier in the thread. They say it is the first to get it, but who knows. Might be a lot of PR BS. :) Looks awesome though.

LevelBoss
04-24-2002, 10:37 AM
Do you guys ever have any plans on coming to Astroworld in Houston. It's much better than the one in Cali by the way.

JADE8704
04-24-2002, 07:16 PM
sweet...i wish i could go, but im broke :(...sounds like fun though, kind of like that dream xbox addict thing we had goin on where we could all meet and play frag halo via LAN....oh well, maybe someday we'll all get to do that :rolleyes:

Duke
04-29-2002, 01:19 PM
They've had it in Santa Clara for about a year now lynx, but maybe it's a different coaster.

All I know if you're getting the same type you'll have a blast.

Moegames
04-30-2002, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a blast......wish i could be there. Looks like its just for the people in that area..... :D

LynxFX
05-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
They've had it in Santa Clara for about a year now lynx, but maybe it's a different coaster.

All I know if you're getting the same type you'll have a blast.

Cool Duke. Probably same concept, different coaster. I just drove by today and still no signs of it being built. It is supposed to open at the end of May. :confused:

Stiffy
05-03-2002, 12:50 PM
So, have they improved Eliches? I was totally stoked when they moved the park to the center of the city, but I always thought they had pretty ho-hum rides. I'm in Chicago now, and go to the Six Flags out here. It's good, but I've been dreaming of going to Cedar Point! Anyway, I hope to make it with the E3 group to Six Flags...but my feeling is I'll be at the show all three days.

LynxFX
05-03-2002, 02:40 PM
It's ok, not the best, but not the worst either. Only 2 major coasters, Mind Eraser and the big wooden coaster, forget the name. A couple smaller short coasters. Lines are usually short which is nice and the location couldn't be better for me at least. They just need more land to build some bigger coasters. I think they can do one like Superman, or V2 Vertical Velocity, or HYPERSONIC XLC. Any of those short up and down but major thrill rides could work. Maybe Elich's is just poor. :)

zfBRAT
05-06-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Dre
I'm in Alaska, so I agree with ya there

xbfreak
05-07-2002, 11:19 AM
Cool, but too bad because I live opposite of California.

Dukefan22
05-08-2002, 11:12 PM
I'd love to go, but being here in PA doesn't exactly make it easy to get to CA..... anyways, I agree with anyone that says we should make it Cedar Point! That place rules, not to mention has the best rollercoaster in the US (Millenium Force) Only problem is the lines are long as hell to stand through. Should make a get together more central so it wouldn't be so far for us East Coasters.

Nerrad529
05-09-2002, 02:16 AM
I'am near Dorney Park in Allentown Pennsylvania. That's the only one I could make it to. The only problem is they only have 4 coasters. They got a waterpark that's the best thing there. Have fun whoever goes to sixflags magic mountain. I never went there but my brother said it's fun as hell.

dolbynorth
05-20-2002, 08:55 PM
if it was Six Flags Marine World i would be there in an hour and a half. but have fun XBA peeps :)