PDA

View Full Version : Passing on NFL 2k2

Siner
04-20-2002, 10:49 PM
Rented 2k2 and i'm having probs learning the passing game. Can only pass on rookie and would like to move up to pro. Most of my passes are intercepted and if the aren't its hitting the ground or my players are dropping it. I have a qb 91, and w'sr 93, 91, 88, 88, 87, and 84, rb 100. Can anybody tell me any hints to leading the players? or using the virtual catching system? and help would be appreciated, just need something other than pressign the button for a certain receiver.

Xbox Owner
04-21-2002, 05:06 PM
same here

Oldschool
04-30-2002, 04:53 PM
Try using Maximum passing. I always use it. This way you can lead the reciver in the direction you feel he will catch it. Once you get use to it , it's easy. Throw the ball hard by holding the button down after your QB release's the ball ( bullet Pass )..... Tap the button for a ( lob pass ). Go to practice mode. Interceptions will happen if you throw the ball to your WR when there is a DB or LB between the WR and the Ball.. if you dont throw the ball over their heads just enough for them to jump for it> they will miss and your WR will be clear for a 10 YD gain or touchdown. Takes a little practice. Dont try to force the ball to your man if he is covered close. And if you dont see anyone open scramble your QB > then throw to the WR you think will catch it > someone is going to be open when you run with your QB, if not use him like a HB & get 5 yds. Sometimes you have to make your WR catch the ball > after you throw the ball, quickly switch to him & press the jump button for him to catch it, takes practice > sometimes i bump the DB's out the way before i jump for the ball, specially when i think they will intercept > more practice.
You might be called for a foul or the foul might be called on the DB or LB for interference, if on you, well better that, than a turn over right? Last but not least, RUN the ball more, you have to mix it up on offense in 2k2. Call an audible three times to confuse the defense, but watch the play clock.
Hope this helps...see you online soon. Ps. play on allpro.

Durden-XBA
05-02-2002, 06:43 AM
Welcome to XBA Oldschool! Man, good answer! Couldn'ta said it any better myself... Also remember that it's generally better to pass it to the reciever AFTER he's changed direction one way or another. If you throw the ball too soon after the start of the play, odds are that it's gonna hit the ground, and you'll have wasted a down. 100!