PDA

View Full Version : buy or rent? max payne

Rochey69r
04-21-2002, 01:50 AM
should i buy max payne without trying it first?

it looks so cool!!

i recon if i didnt like it i could sell it to someone anyway!

:D

l Maximus l
04-21-2002, 01:51 AM
I bought it and was advised renting it first. I wish I listened. It's definately an amazing rental!!

Ask Frostberg :( ...... :D

y2kash_14
04-21-2002, 02:14 AM
Its definitly a rental. I bought it after i rented and me and my friends still play H-O-R-S-E with the enemy dispenser.

GokuX
04-21-2002, 02:31 AM
Rent it. It took me 3 days to beat it. Well $50 for 3 days vs $6 from Blockbuster for 5 days, I'll choose Bb.

Rochey69r
04-21-2002, 06:07 AM
thanx guys!

so theres definately no replay value??

it sounds like you all think its a game where you beat it once and thats it. never touch it again. am i right in thinking this?

Bundy
04-21-2002, 07:26 AM
that's pretty much how i felt about it.

UltraMuffin
04-21-2002, 08:27 AM
I just rented it yesterday, I just got to the beginning of the 2nd of 3 parts... It's a real fun game, but there's no way I'd buy it after having rented it... It's lookin to be pretty short. I would consider this to be the ultimate rental game... it's lots of fun, but in a small quantity :)

Now if only I had rented Silent Hill 2 instead of buying it... hmmm...

borka105
04-21-2002, 08:45 AM
I bought the game of these boards for $25 and feel that it was worth ever penny. I usually play a game for no more than 1 hour, and this game is about 9-11 hours long. So it took me about 3 weeks since I odn't play everyday, and it was worht my purchase. I ply levels over and over agin.........

PLus there are things to unlock like new modes which are always fun to play. I think the game has enough replay value in my opinion for me to constantly play it over. It's just awesome to dive in slow motion with a shotgun and see the bullet connecting into someones head.
My friend bought the game for $50 also thinks it's worth it. So if you are someone who would replay Halo on single player after you beat this game..........than you are more likely to play max payne over than halo all over again.

-Borka105

Frostberg
04-21-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
I bought it and was advised renting it first. I wish I listened. It's definately an amazing rental!!

Ask Frostberg :( ...... :D

Everyone was on you Maxy...VAN also said to rent it...lol now that hes a mod maybe he will have a little influence....but Maxy, jeez ccant you trust your fellow addicts? ;)

FlyBoy
04-21-2002, 09:31 AM
I agree with everyone else here. Its replay value is great... FOR ME TO POOP ON! Rent it.;)

Frostberg
04-21-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by FlyBoy
I agree with everyone else here. Its replay value is great... FOR ME TO POOP ON! Rent it.;)
I'm with ya. The toilet has the ULTIMATE replay value...

Snoopy7548
04-21-2002, 12:15 PM
you should rent it, after you beat the game theres nothing else to do, it may take a while to beat the game, but u can probly beat it in less than 5 days, its a really good game

Peter1979
04-21-2002, 12:33 PM
rent that game is too short ! no special options :(

Razor70
04-21-2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the lowdown on this game guys...I almost was in the process of buying it and it really is a pretty short game. I rented it and had it beat in 3 days myself. It's alot of fun, but no replay value that I can see.

E-Xbox
04-21-2002, 01:43 PM
rent it..
beat it...
return it...

no buying..

peace

Whisper
04-21-2002, 01:47 PM
it is the best rental ever! hand down, best rental... but a crappy buyer. I rented it before buying it, and beat it within my 3 days... but for those 3 days, all you think is... MAX PAYNE

mahalan
04-22-2002, 08:30 AM
Neither. Rent it if you must.

I was given it as a gift and have to say it definitely deserves the nickname "Max Lame". I've made it through the first act and have no desire to finish it.

BO2 is a much better game.

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg

Everyone was on you Maxy...VAN also said to rent it...lol now that hes a mod maybe he will have a little influence....but Maxy, jeez ccant you trust your fellow addicts? ;)

lol, dude...yeah, I trust my fellow addicts! But, I am a huge fan of shooters. While I enjoyed Max Payne, it was a little too short. But, one thing is for sure, Max Payne is definately no Halo.