PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell

E-Vader
04-21-2002, 07:05 AM
Information on Splinter Cell from Tom Clancy

Ubi Soft Announce Splinter Cell
Posted on the 19th of April, 2002 12:10pm
The prodigious works of Tom Clancy have spawned yet another iteration of the Tom Clancy universe. Splinter Cell has been recently been announced for Xbox and PC, making a debut on other next-generation consoles (namely the PlayStation 2 and GameCube) in early 2003. Ubi Soft have slated the title for the Northern Autumn, so we should see it here well before Christmas. Curiously, the Tom Clancy name won't be seen here in Australia, but in the US it will be carry his name.

Splinter Cell is yet another government-conspiracy style thriller, styled with the inspiration of Mr Clancy's dark world and the pixels of Ubi Soft. You play as Sam Fisher, a field operative attached to the National Security Agency's Third Echelon group. Sam is equipped with the brain and firepower to infiltrate almost any organisation, do the business and then get out without anyone even knowing.

'Splinter Cell is an ambitious title that reaches unparalleled visual quality and innovative, action-packed game play thanks to Ubi Soft’s highly modified version of the next-generation Unreal 2 Engine, said Laurent Detoc, president of Ubi Soft Entertainment Inc. 'We consider it to be one of our premier games of the year.'

The gameplay is said to be more action orientated, with less strategy and complex planning found in games such as Ghost Recon. We'll have more news of this new title as the months unfold, so stay tuned. In the mean time, be sure to check out the first batch of screens.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-21-2002, 05:02 PM
I read about tis game on Gamespot and from what i've read this should be another strong XBOX title. Besides its coming from Ubi-Soft so it should both packed with great features and amazing graphics.

Untill next time...:mad:

Crazy Joe
04-21-2002, 05:04 PM
I haven't played any Tom Clancy titles (not a big PC gamer) but this sounds pretty sweet. I'll definitely check it out!

gula
04-21-2002, 05:12 PM
Ehh...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11431