PDA

View Full Version : Halo Legendary.

Shorezy
04-21-2002, 10:06 AM
Does any one else find halo legendary extremly diffucult in most of the levels such as the second level 'Halo'. The only way i find i can beat it is through co-op. I'm a farely good gameer but holy $hit! Any tips would be cool. Thanks. Peace

Check out this halo pic. It's pretty nutz.

faceoff508
04-21-2002, 10:18 AM
The way I beat it was to run away with the Warthog. Dont fight people you dont have to fight. Also remeber that stealth is your friend!!!!!

wweomaniac
04-21-2002, 10:34 AM
I found legendary to be quite easy. I adapted to the difficulty after playing nightmare.

Just keep on running around and never stop moving. Learn to aim while moving and just practice. You don't need co=op to beat legendary

gula
04-21-2002, 10:37 AM
You call that picture crazy? Looks like you haven't been following Halo around since its Mac and PC days...

I remember when I got my PC Gamer magazine and got the 100 meg Halo movie...ahh I was in heaven. :D That was in about in the year 2000.

Shorezy
04-21-2002, 10:51 AM
Mac and pc days? holy **** i donno what the hell your talkin about. PLease explain. Any way i thought that wierd lookin dinosaur thing was cool.

Crazy Joe
04-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
Mac and pc days? holy **** i donno what the hell your talkin about. PLease explain. Any way i thought that wierd lookin dinosaur thing was cool.

before halo was developed for Xbox, it was originally supposed to be a PC/Mac game, it had ALOT of stuff in it that we never got.(ex. the dinosaurs) However, when microsoft purchased Bungie, they scrapped the PC and went full speed ahead on Halo for Xbox. Thus, Halo as we know it was born.

Shorezy
04-21-2002, 12:36 PM
oh sweet thanks

Frostberg
04-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by gula
You call that picture crazy? Looks like you haven't been following Halo around since its Mac and PC days...

I remember when I got my PC Gamer magazine and got the 100 meg Halo movie...ahh I was in heaven. :D That was in about in the year 2000.

Hell yeah man! That was the best movie/trailer Ive ever seen...from that day on I lived Halo....I just wanted to drive a warthog so badly...and I rermember when like 4 master chief lookin guys (maybe they were 3 marines, but I think they all looked the same) were walkin down a hallway...and then they had to go into this huge room and had a big battle...mmm...more memories coming to me! If only the lifeforms on Halo were still in there...but it was still the best game I have ever played-hmm I dont think thats fitting-best game I ever experienced...

anarky
04-24-2002, 03:21 PM
want sum tips? i dont care.. i already have em written up so here you go:
Legendary tips:

Weapons-plasma pistol and human pistol are overall best together.

Grunts- use the human pistol to pop 'em in the curved part behind their head, that'll take them out in one shot.

Jackals- find cover, and wait for them to reveal their body. Aim for the head since they have the same life as elites. If you need to, use the plasma pistol to shoot a charged bolt at one, which will send him running. Cap him. note-frags work best against jackals.

Elites- a fully charged plasma rifle will take one out when unloaded. Use plasma to break shield, then either toss a frag from cover or go in for kill with a human weapon. Use plasma grenades to make them roll off edges, such as the bridge on the Halo(the level)

Hunters- i would prefer these over any other enemy. Simple go in close and dodge their swing, then hit em in the back. One hit from snipe or pistol kills.

Flood- Two things- frag grenades and shotty. Wait for your shield to recharge before attacking agian.

Tactics- Kill grunts first, then jackals, then elites, and finally hunters. When there are many crowded covenant, kill all the grunts so their grenades fall on the ground, then trigger them with a grenade of your own. Makes for a few flyin' covies.

hoped any of this helps anyone

Yolo
04-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Since the start of our lan parties, I've pretty much given up on campaign mode. All I have to say about Legendary is; getting up into the covenant ship; holy $h!7 !!!! I don't have enough patience to get past this part. And I know the very next part is gonna suuuuuuuck even more...

OppiumNitrates
04-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by anarky

Weapons-plasma pistol and human pistol are overall best together.

Tactics- Kill grunts first, then jackals, then elites, and finally hunters. When there are many crowded covenant, kill all the grunts so their grenades fall on the ground, then trigger them with a grenade of your own. Makes for a few flyin' covies.

hoped any of this helps anyone

i must disagree with these 2 statments

1. weapons plazma pistole and shot gun . . . 1 charged shot with plazma pistol takes out shield. . . one nicely placed shotgun shot takes care of the rest

tactics . . elites first when u kill an elite the grunts will run in fear . . . stick a plazma grenade on their back or frag 'em

jackels(guys with shields) dont giva ya much too shot at . . . get some cover and keep an eye on them. . . when they start to move their defence is down, so aim and fire. . . if ya got the human pistol u can shoot 'em in the foot once and then they will expose the rest of their body for a sec. . .aim quick and blast 'em

One thing is for sure if u decide to play online u better have greanade throwin' skillz - or u will get smoked every time. . . best greanade thrower(and player for that matter) from XBA that i have played silvertrace this guy will murder marader slauter u instantly. . . play him and be mindful young padiwan

anarky
04-27-2002, 09:47 AM
Opium- On legendary, grunts and jackals will deal more damage then elites if you try to go for the elite first. However, if the shot is open, yes, take it but in any other situation it is best to kill the smallest first. Since the shotgun is not available on as many levels as the human pistol, the pistol is overall a better choice for beating the game on legendary.