PDA

View Full Version : The DOA 3 Booster Disc is coming

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Tecmo has revealed new details about the Booster Disc for Dead or Alive 3. This exciting extra offers existing owners of Dead or Alive 3 the ability to play with new costumes in the full version of Dead or Alive 3. The Booster Disc also comes complete with a brand-new CG movie starring many of the characters in the game. The Booster Disc is available only as a special option in the demo disc for the Official Xbox Magazine's June issue. The June issue has a street date of May 7th. The OXM demo disc also features a playable demo of Dead or Alive 3, allowing people the opportunity to try out time-attack mode without owning the full game.
When the Booster Disc option is selected from the main menu, players are shown the new eye-popping CG movie, which was the intro movie for the Japanese and European versions of Dead or Alive 3. This spectacular cinematic sequence is of the same high quality as the game's CG endings, which were made with a multi-million dollar budget.
At the Booster Disc's new character select screen, players are given the option to look at and then add one or all of the new costumes to their existing DOA3 game data. In less than a minute, the new costumes are added, and they are made available right away. From that point on, the full version of DOA3 will feature these new costumes, bringing the total number of costumes available to over 60.

Every character except for the hidden character Ein receives anywhere from 1-3 new costumes. The costumes can be risqué such as Tina's bikini, complete with cowboy hat, holster, and front-tied T-shirt, Helena's harem girl outfit, or Lei-Fang's black dominatrix dress from DOA2: Hardcore. Some costumes are stylish, such as Jann Lee's white tuxedo waiter suit, Brad Wong's formal Chinese martial arts robe, or Hayabusa's headband-free ninja suit, which lets his long hair flow with the wind. Costumes can also be somewhat comical, such as Bayman's scuba gear with snorkel, Bass' Viking outfit, or Kasumi's 3 variations on the Japanese schoolgirl uniform.

Crazy Joe
04-21-2002, 02:07 PM
see, this is news that hasn't been posted, at least not exact particulars like this, thanks for the info.

Dre
04-21-2002, 02:09 PM
See, now that I had not read yet. Good post dude. Its cool to see how this thing is gonna work.

Lates,
Dre

LynxFX
04-21-2002, 02:12 PM
That is cool news. I wasn't sure how it was all going to fit together.

Wu3000
04-21-2002, 03:50 PM
ive been wondering about this whole bonus disk thing, cause i was thinking about if it was gonna be worth buying again, i mean its a good game until sc2 comes out. i think ill look for a used copy so i can ply with the new costumes. thanks for thei info.
wu

sinizuh
04-21-2002, 04:49 PM
nice copy/paste job from funxbox. (or wherever you got it)

GokuX
04-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the info.

Crazy Joe
04-21-2002, 05:08 PM
if you copy and paste info from another site, at least give the link so people know who originally wrote it.

No Fear 23
04-21-2002, 05:33 PM
thanks for the info man, didnt really know that.

BTW, i heard about the "Super Secret" that will be coming out on the demo disc.. ne ideas what that might be??? i was thinking that it could be the DOA3 update thing:eek:

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-21-2002, 05:36 PM
u snatched the words out of my mouth!!!i am hoping,wishing and praying that it is the update!let's just wait and see!

Dre
04-21-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
if you copy and paste info from another site, at least give the link so people know who originally wrote it.

This news, along with all other posts proudxboxowner seems to make are word for word from another site www.xbox365.com. Pretty lame if you ask me...

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-21-2002, 05:53 PM
excuse me!
is'nt these websites the way through which all of us get our info!if some of us in the forum benifit from it with my posts i dont see any harm!the only thing wrong i believe i did was that i did not include the original writer's name!

Dre
04-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
excuse me!
is'nt these websites the way through which all of us get our info!if some of us in the forum benifit from it with my posts i dont see any harm!the only thing wrong i believe i did was that i did not include the original writer's name!

Yes, please include the writer's name when it isn't you along with a link when available. Had you done that initially, I believe less people would have said things against your posts. Some sites get information alot later than others.. such as the morrowind info you posted. Its generally not a good idea to cut and paste each new posting on www.xbox365.com or any other site for that matter here in the forums.

Cheers,
Dre

And don't worry proudxboxowner, everyone has to learn the ropes one way or another right?

E-Xbox
04-21-2002, 06:41 PM
sweeet...
one of your good posts...
its cool 2 see how its gonna work..

peace...

Liquid Gears
04-21-2002, 07:38 PM
What months issue is it in? I just want to make sure.

FlyBoy
04-21-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
What months issue is it in? I just want to make sure.

In the original post it says the June issue which will be in stand on May 7th... where's the confusion? JK BUDDY!:cool:

Thanks for the news PXBOwner! I can't wait to see those little hotties in bikinis!:eek: