PDA

View Full Version : Why do games take so long to make??

No Fear 23
04-21-2002, 08:14 PM
i dont get it why some games takes 1-2 years to make. Why does it takes so long to make the games and how do they make it?? i've always wondered about that and i always that thougth that they jsut take pictures of some building and make it into 3d gaming, just like the graphics and pictures from PGR and some few other games.

What do u know about that??:D

FlyBoy
04-21-2002, 08:22 PM
Its because the elves are busy. They are working as fast as they can but the gremlins keep chewing on their ankles.

khaos2005
04-21-2002, 08:33 PM
Creating a game is a lot more than taking pictures, trust me. It takes lots of time. You need graphics artists to make the graphics, and programmers to write the code, and sound artists and voice talent and animation experts and set designs for cutscenes and actors with talent and sound effects and level designers and beta testers and marketers and publishers to sell the game, and a whole lot more. They all come together in one way or another, but it still takes lots of time, even with lots of people.

fanofslipknotib
04-21-2002, 10:43 PM
Heh, games take 2 years to make, and 2 weeks to beat.:D

cornflake
04-22-2002, 05:14 AM
prominant
The Only NIGGA gamer here

once again your wrong and this time your politcally incorrect

Hugh_Jass
04-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Read some of the "postmortem" articles on Gamasutra to get some insight on what it takes to make a game and the problems that need to be overcome.

Liquid Gears
04-22-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
Heh, games take 2 years to make, and 2 weeks to beat.:D

More like 2 days. Some of these games that have been coming out lately, really have no challenge to them. it's really pis*ing me off.