PDA

View Full Version : music ripping...?

neegeewah
04-22-2002, 03:04 AM
i'm all excited to rip some of my own music onto my xbox but since it's on a burned cd, the machine won't recognize it. after reading through some posts here i've learned that the xbox does read burned cds, it's just that it's a bit picky about what brand of disc is being used. so far i've tried several different brands, all with no luck whatsoever. is it simply that the xbox won't read any burned music cd, regardless of brand? or can someone tell me what brand of discs the xbox will read? any help from anyone who knows for sure would be great. thanks...

foshiza@hotmail.com

ps. any truth to the rumor that it can read and rip .mp3 formated tracks?

LynxFX
04-22-2002, 03:17 AM
It can read very few CD-R's and I don't know the list off hand. It will read almost every CDRW there is though so try one of those. It will not however recognise MP3's so you will have to burn the cd like a regular audio cd.

There is a site somewhere that has a list of all tested cd's that work with the Xbox but if you have a CDRW laying around I would just use that. Burn, rip, erase, burn, rip, erase. :)

GokuX
04-22-2002, 04:51 AM
neegee the hassle really isn't worth it to get your XBox to read a burned CD-R. Just go to Staples and pick up a 3 pack of Sony CD-RWs for $6.

LynxFX
04-22-2002, 05:14 AM
Oh yeah, one last thing. Make sure you put a 2 second gap between each song.