PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan uk
04-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Hey all,
I've got a bit of a problem, i thought you might be able to help. I want to connect my xbox to a surround sound system but only have a crappy rf tv short of buying a new tv (which i can't afford) what can i do? Got any ideas? please help
Dan

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 10:42 AM
Do you have a surround sound system now?

Dan uk
04-22-2002, 11:50 AM
erm no im getting the crap video logic one

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Dan uk
erm no im getting the crap video logic one

Well, first you need your surround sound system :D Once you get it, just connect your XBox into the receiver and your receiver into your TV and you're in action :D

Oh yeah, you may want to also go into the menu for your XBox to enable 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound. Put it on "yes" :)

Dan uk
04-23-2002, 03:38 AM
the problem is that my tv dosent have any audio out's:(

GokuX
04-23-2002, 05:07 AM
DanUK
the problem is that my tv dosent have any audio out's

I think that means you're out of luck unless you have a stereo VCR or are willing to purchase one that has composite ins and outs. This way you could hook your Xbox to the VCR using composite in via the connector that comes with your Xbox. HAve the audio out go to the receiver. Then have the VCR connected via coaxle cable to your TV RF connector.

Duke
04-23-2002, 12:13 PM
I would recommend a new TV, as I have heard that for watching DVD's you can not connect everything through the VCR.

If you're not concerned about movies, than my post is a waste of bandwidth.

GokuX
04-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Thanks for bringing that up Duke, I completely forgot to mention the whole Macrovision thing.

Dan uk
04-24-2002, 07:16 AM
Thank you all for your help, ive managed to get hold of a new (ish) tv with a scart socket:) now i just have to waith for the advanced av cable to be released in the uk:mad: and pick up my xbox on friday.
Thanks once again and i hope in the future i will be able to add some constructive thoughts to this gr8 site

Cheers

Dan

UnitedKingdom
04-24-2002, 07:22 AM
Don't suppose you know what date the advanced av cable is being released in the UK?

Dan uk
04-24-2002, 07:35 AM
i thought i did but the chap at work that ive been talking to thought i meant the gba cable for the gamecube which is coming out on the 3rd but as for the xbox i dont know, watch this space and ill find out for you

Dan uk
04-24-2002, 08:01 AM
ok ive found out about the advanced av lead and it has been released but its as rare as rocking horse manure.. You might on the other hand be able to get hold of a third party one, gamster do one complete with an optical lead for about £15 if you shop arround, hope this helps,
Dan

CodeMonkey
04-24-2002, 11:26 AM
i have my advanced cable already...lucky me...have it set up using fibre optic for the sound, and its great...
cost me £17 and well worth it
:D