PDA

View Full Version : Project Gotham Racing or Rallisport!?!?

Calve
04-22-2002, 11:14 AM
What game should I buy RSC or PGR?!?!?!?

I rented RSC and it was a great game with AMAZING graphics!!! However, Buy the time I had to take the game back to blockbuster i was almost half way done the game!!!!!It was very easy, and im wondering for the people that have RSC, does it get harder at the end and have you beat it yet????

Ok now to PGR!!! This game kicks ass and i played it SO LONG!!! It was a very difficult game with lots of options and I loved the Kudos points!!! When i had to give the game back to my cousin (I borrowed it) I only had a couple cars!!! The graphics aren't as good as RSC's but I found PGR more fun!!!!

I'd appreciate your help!!! thanks

Peace

tech
04-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Project Gotham Racing is my favorite game. It is so hard at points that you want to bash things, but when you reach 200,000 kudos, you will have learned to drive in style. I have both games and I find PGR the better game. You may have people that don't agree with me but hey, I still believe that PGR is the greatest xbox game so far.

Warthog
04-23-2002, 03:57 PM
I own PGR and it is my second best game(Halo my first of course)
PGR really is a good game if your serious about driving games, Cause im still learning how to get max Kudos on turns But once you get the generall idea on how to turn and handell the more difficult and powerful cars it is the funnest game.

I have the demo of RSC and it is okay fun, the best mode is RALLY but that is the only mode i like on it from the demo,I rather buy PGR than RSC but a lot of your games will be benched from PGR.

Later:cool:

Yannie Boy
04-24-2002, 08:26 AM
Project Gothem Racing got some nice cars and the feeling of just pulling away from the other racer with the F50 is nice and all but nothing beats the fact the in Ralli Sport you can do flips with the car, tilt sideways, brake the windows or even just wipe out for fun.

Liquid Gears
04-25-2002, 10:17 PM
My Choice Would Be Project Gotham Racing

Drew3527
04-30-2002, 02:55 PM
PGR is my choice because it has much longer playtime and plenty of options for you to do if you get stuck in one place. They are both good.

Vteck3000
05-02-2002, 12:44 AM
It's a thought choice. I have both of those games i can tell you that i like them both equaly. YES PGR is a lot harder to finish but you don't have the graphics that RSC has.
It's just a question of taste : Do you like rally racing ? Do you watch it on tv ?
or
Do you like fast exotic cars ? Do you like racing your car on the streets of your town or do you wish you could do that ???????
Well after aswering those questions you might know which one is better suited for you.
:cool:

Xbox Owner
05-03-2002, 09:32 AM
rent both

Unreal
05-07-2002, 04:04 PM
I have both games and like both just the same. What was the difficulty setting you were playing RS on? Anyway, I say pick up PGR just for the more depth of play. You have more cars, tracks, and goodies to open up in the game to make it worth it. If thats what your looking for. On a side note that uphill races are the bomb in RS :D

APEX
05-07-2002, 08:03 PM
Ya, I'm with UNREAL...PG and and RS are both great racers. It all depends on what kind of racing you prefer. Do like the long linear tracks that Ralliracer offers or the tightly confined street tracks of Project Gotham? I would say that Project Gotham has more replayability in the end due to all it's varied racing modes but Rallisport will definitely keep you playing for awhile because of its difficulty.

If you felt that Project Gotham was hard for the 1st half the game -dont worry because it definitely gets alot more challenging towards the end. I've probobly put in about 100 hours into PG and have yet to unlock everything(unlike Unreal).

Rallisport's hill climb is "the bomb" and I can never get enough of....

I don't know Clave....you can make a decision based on the opinions in this thread but if you are a racing fan then you need both these solid racers.....:p

MacNappy
05-14-2002, 01:08 PM
I would definately go for PGR, I've been playing the game for almost 30 hours and I still can't get enough of it, there is so much to do and to earn, simply amazing, it's so addictive that i've neglected Halo, which i have completed except the last level...and i just can't get to it, i'm always playing PGR ;)

ralli is good, but less addictive, it has better graphics, but that isn't the main thing in a game i believe...

Liquid Gears
05-19-2002, 09:40 PM
I voted PGR a while back. I don't know why. I just rented Rallisport Challenge and I think it is WAY better than PGR. I had a lot of fun playing it then PGR. So, I'm pretty much changing my vote to Rallisport Challenge.

RadRider
05-20-2002, 12:19 AM
I think Rallisport is funner and better looking, but I think Project Gotham is better if you like to play an dkeep unlocking stuff over a long time. I'd probably go with Rallisport because I prefer rally racing, and the graphics are so terribly excellent. Gotham wouldn't be a bad buy either though.

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 11:49 PM
I have PGR or RSC, and I like them both...but I prefer RSC, PGR was just too hard for me!:(

steveo_wrx
05-22-2002, 10:24 PM
Haven't tried PGR in its X-Box reincarnation (played Metropolis Street Racer on Dreamcast, its predecessor, I think). But a big thumbs up on RSC. The game is outstanding.

For street or sports car race driving, I prefer games such as TOCA2, Jarrett & Labonte, Le Mans 24 Hours, Sports Car GT (PC), where you drive in a large pack and smoothness is the key. The "Kudos" style where fancy powersliding earns you credit doesn't do much for me. So I probably will resist the lure of PGR, although from all reports it's a stellar game if you like the Arcade style.

New to the X-Box by the way, guys. Got a PS2, but that $100 price break the the prospect of playing RSC won me over. Playing it with the Mad Catz wheel, it has met my expectations and more. RSC blows PS2's WRC out of the water. :cool:

Plewis
05-25-2002, 12:37 PM
i got PGR on thursday... played it pretty much 3 days straight... mostly multiplayer... and I love it... I dont know how to get the car after the boxter, and I really want that Chromey Orange color to be unlocked. I think the graphics are incredible. If you just take a second to look at it which usually means slamming into a wall, but I give big thumbs up to PGR... going back to play it right now!

Plewis
05-25-2002, 01:00 PM
just unlocked london and got this ugly car:( same one as I couldnt beat in 1v1.. Just did it!:D

TPGA
06-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I hav PGR 2 and RSC2 and I love PGR 2 more, Rally really wasn't as fun to me, but loved how you can lose parts on the track. I liked the street racing more then the rally, and live is a blast with friends. SO... PGR 2 would be the one I suggest. I have played well over 200 hrs on this game, and still find it a blast. It can be a biatch though, trying to get all gold and platinum medals. I need about 50 more gold and 110 Platinum medals still.

m4oH
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Dude this thread is 3 years old, stop bringing these back.

SamSmith
06-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I hav PGR 2 and RSC2 and I love PGR 2 more, Rally really wasn't as fun to me, but loved how you can lose parts on the track. I liked the street racing more then the rally, and live is a blast with friends. SO... PGR 2 would be the one I suggest. I have played well over 200 hrs on this game, and still find it a blast. It can be a biatch though, trying to get all gold and platinum medals. I need about 50 more gold and 110 Platinum medals still.

please look at the date of the thread before you post.
dont pull back old threads