PDA

View Full Version : The Dead or Alive Booster Disc

DZNUTZ
04-22-2002, 12:22 PM
The Dead or Alive Booster Disc 4/21/2002, by Elizabeth
Tecmo has revealed new details about the Booster Disc for Dead or Alive 3. This exciting extra offers existing owners of Dead or Alive 3 the ability to play with new costumes in the full version of Dead or Alive 3. The Booster Disc also comes complete with a brand-new CG movie starring many of the characters in the game. The Booster Disc is available only as a special option in the demo disc for the Official Xbox Magazine's June issue. The June issue has a street date of May 7th. The OXM demo disc also features a playable demo of Dead or Alive 3, allowing people the opportunity to try out time-attack mode without owning the full game.

When the Booster Disc option is selected from the main menu, players are shown the new eye-popping CG movie, which was the intro movie for the Japanese and European versions of Dead or Alive 3. This spectacular cinematic sequence is of the same high quality as the game's CG endings, which were made with a multi-million dollar budget.

The Dead or Alive Booster Disc
At the Booster Disc's new character select screen, players are given the option to look at and then add one or all of the new costumes to their existing DOA3 game data. In less than a minute, the new costumes are added, and they are made available right away. From that point on, the full version of DOA3 will feature these new costumes, bringing the total number of costumes available to over 60.

Every character except for the hidden character Ein receives anywhere from 1-3 new costumes. The costumes can be risqué such as Tina's bikini, complete with cowboy hat, holster, and front-tied T-shirt, Helena's harem girl outfit, or Lei-Fang's black dominatrix dress from DOA2: Hardcore. Some costumes are stylish, such as Jann Lee's white tuxedo waiter suit, Brad Wong's formal Chinese martial arts robe, or Hayabusa's headband-free ninja suit, which lets his long hair flow with the wind. Costumes can also be somewhat comical, such as Bayman's scuba gear with snorkel, Bass' Viking outfit, or Kasumi's 3 variations on the Japanese schoolgirl uniform.
http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpEAFulEFuTjWwWjde

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 12:26 PM
I love how DOA3 is doing a Booster Disc! Tecmo is the first to do it for the XBox and is a prime example of how sweet the XBox is! Very cool to see this happening :)

thejoker
04-22-2002, 12:38 PM
I bet that they will not be the only ones to have booster cd's... if this is successful (it will be successful), others will follow in the footsteps of Tecmo.

O YEAH!

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by thejoker
I bet that they will not be the only ones to have booster cd's... if this is successful (it will be successful), others will follow in the footsteps of Tecmo.

O YEAH!

Exactly! I can't wait!!!! :D

**Cough** Bungie **Cough cough** :D (I hope!!!!!!!!!)

Spaztic
04-22-2002, 01:56 PM
YEAH THQ DID YOU HEAR THAT RELEASE A FIX DISK FOR THE BLISTERING PILE OF CRAP YOU CALL RAW!

No Fear 23
04-22-2002, 01:58 PM
i got my june issue today!!!

omfg, the doa3 booster disc was awesome and the infomation about the halo too

E-Xbox
04-22-2002, 02:34 PM
old news..
but its pretty cool to see how its gonna work..

peace

gula
04-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
old news..
but its pretty cool to see how its gonna work..

peace

Actually this is not old news. Other information about this was just that it was going to be released and that new costumes would be incuded.

This is a recent article on the April issue of the xbox.com newsletter.

E-Xbox
04-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by gula

Actually this is not old news. Other information about this was just that it was going to be released and that new costumes would be incuded.

This is a recent article on the April issue of the xbox.com newsletter.

ok..i should have said that this had already been posted like 3 times yesterday and its on the main pg of xba...

peace

Snoopy7548
04-22-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by irule23
i got my june issue today!!!

omfg, the doa3 booster disc was awesome and the infomation about the halo too

u already got it? thats awesome, but dont tell me anything! i dont want anyone to spoil the surprise for me!

No Fear 23
04-22-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

u already got it? thats awesome, but dont tell me anything! i dont want anyone to spoil the surprise for me!

haha, dont worry:)

GRAVEDIGGER
04-22-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
YEAH THQ DID YOU HEAR THAT RELEASE A FIX DISK FOR THE BLISTERING PILE OF CRAP YOU CALL RAW!

LoL....trus dat!
THQ and Anchor needs to follow this example...Now!!
(Even tough its too friggin late:mad:)

Untill next time...:mad:

OppiumNitrates
04-22-2002, 06:56 PM
i would love to see halo booster

new weapons and levels would be lovly

Plewis
04-22-2002, 07:19 PM
i wouldnt really care about new weapons and levels since lately ive been focused on multiplayer. But i would love to see a booster disk that would let us play on the official xbox live thingy:p It makes me so happy thinking about it!:eek: :cool: :eek:

P.S. My 900th post! OHHH YEAH!!!! Ok im finished... youll hear more at 1000 though